Found Deceased WA - Josiah Hilderbrand & Jon Cleary, Cali/Gorge Ampitheatre, vehicle Yakima Cty, 7 June 2019

This is so sad. I knew Josiah and went to middle school with him. I really admired him for his taste in music. I know several mutual friends as well. If someone wants me to do some local investigating I can. Just found this site.

This is so sad. I knew Josiah and went to middle school with him. I really admired him for his taste in music. I know several mutual friends as well. If someone wants me to do some local investigating I can. Just found this site.
Welcome to Websleuths, @Fairfax09! I'm sorry it had to be under such sad circumstances.

While I'm somewhat frustrated at the lack of info coming out about this case, I harbor no ill will against LE in the county, because they seem to be averaging a body every day or two lately. Seems like they have their hands full. Maybe they should call in the National Guard.

While I'm somewhat frustrated at the lack of info coming out about this case, I harbor no ill will against LE in the county, because they seem to be averaging a body every day or two lately. Seems like they have their hands full. Maybe they should call in the Nationa

Me, too. Everyday I am looking into this area. It is rampant with crime & drugs. These guys should be found!!

While I'm somewhat frustrated at the lack of info coming out about this case, I harbor no ill will against LE in the county, because they seem to be averaging a body every day or two lately. Seems like they have their hands full. Maybe they should call in the National Guard.

I certainly agree about LE having their hands full in this county. I definitely would like to have some more information as well, but I honestly think they have released a good amount. I mean ,we know where they were headed, when they were headed there, the last time someone heard from there/how far out they were from their location. We know there's FBI involvement. We know that LE has said it's a homicide investigation, not just a missing persons case (and honestly, there's a lot of times we never even get that part of things).

One thing I think confounding things is they seem to be somewhat transient, and not necessarily from the area they were headed for the concert. I certainly think that could make things harder, as if they were seen or anything out of the ordinary happened, they definitely would have less connections than a local would in order for rumors to get fleshed out or to even get maybe some CI tips/info, MOO.

There were thousands of concert goers headed to the same place tho for Dead & Co, and i’m not a deadhead but it sure seems like they are a close community. Someone could/would have helped if they knew help was needed, and had noticed anything. I hope! It doesn’t seem there’s anything more that can be made public tho, and I’m just so sad reading the regular fb posts from Liz, Josiah’s mom

I was one of many who headed to the Gorge for Dead and Co. I arrived there Thursday night, 6/6 and stayed until Sunday morning, 6/9.

I drove from Portland to George for the concert. On Thursday, every stop I made was a carnival atmosphere of Dead heads. Rest areas, grocery stores off the beaten path..

Even HWY 97 between Biggs and Toppenish had road side pull offs, state parks, the Greek pastry place near Goldendale, parking lots filled with heads...

Just before you enter Toppenish, you drop out of the high desert and cross the Toppenish national wildlife preserve.

I theorize Jon and Josiah stopped here for a bathroom break, and were set upon by the men who would kill 5 people 3 days later in White Swan. I think it is the only explanation for how these two men were overpowered... there were more of them, and they had guns...

From the Toppenish Preserve, which would have been a remote and hidden place to carjack these guys, they could have easier been forced West on a number of roads, Marion drain looks likely, up to hwy 220,then lateral B road where the car was found.

Marion drain runs along Toppenish Creek, and past several ponds or agricultural ponds. Lateral B road also passes several ponds.

I hope LE and FBI are searching the wildlife preserve and any routes waterbodies west of it, on the way to where the car was found. I Brielle these two are the 6 and 7 victims of the men who killed 5 in White Swan just 3 days later.

So very sad for this to happen to folks out to enjoy a concert. Heartbreaking they never made it

I was one of many who headed to the Gorge for Dead and Co. I arrived there Thursday night, 6/6 and stayed until Sunday morning, 6/9.

I drove from Portland to George for the concert. On Thursday, every stop I made was a carnival atmosphere of Dead heads. Rest areas, grocery stores off the beaten path..

Even HWY 97 between Biggs and Toppenish had road side pull offs, state parks, the Greek pastry place near Goldendale, parking lots filled with heads...

Just before you enter Toppenish, you drop out of the high desert and cross the Toppenish national wildlife preserve.

I theorize Jon and Josiah stopped here for a bathroom break, and were set upon by the men who would kill 5 people 3 days later in White Swan. I think it is the only explanation for how these two men were overpowered... there were more of them, and they had guns...

From the Toppenish Preserve, which would have been a remote and hidden place to carjack these guys, they could have easier been forced West on a number of roads, Marion drain looks likely, up to hwy 220,then lateral B road where the car was found.

Marion drain runs along Toppenish Creek, and past several ponds or agricultural ponds. Lateral B road also passes several ponds.

I hope LE and FBI are searching the wildlife preserve and any routes waterbodies west of it, on the way to where the car was found. I Brielle these two are the 6 and 7 victims of the men who killed 5 in White Swan just 3 days later.

So very sad for this to happen to folks out to enjoy a concert. Heartbreaking they never made it

Still watching for more info on this case, I check here every day hoping for an update.

One thing, you mention "3 days later" in your theory. The White Swan murders happened the same day the boys' car was discovered, and they were last seen the day before. So it's a lot closer than 3 days. Per this article: "The abandoned vehicle was found on the morning of June 8, with the report coming in to the sheriff’s office just before 10 a.m. Six hours later, the sheriff’s office received reports of a shooting at 5151 Medicine Valley Rd., which would ultimately take the lives of five people." I initially theorized that Cleary was responsible, due partly to his pretty serious arrest history (way more serious crimes and jail stints than Josiah), but I believe if that was the case, he would have turned up somewhere by now.

Disappearance of two California men possibly related to White Swan homicides

[Deleted reference to another article where a man was found in the woods outside of Naches, WA (~35 miles away), had been lost in woods for "up to 15 days" without food or water -- if that were one of them, it would have been in the news by now, the article was from July 5.]

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back