CA CA - Karlie Lain Gusé, 16, Mono County, 13 Oct 2018 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Melissa also indicated that someone told her they saw someone who looked like Karlie at the corner of Highway 6, around a mile away from her family home, standing on the inside of a barbed wire fence."

Source, CrimeOnline

Whether you believe a second-hand account from someone who has been shown to have lied several times is up to you.

thank you, that was an interesting piece in that 2 of the 3 witness stated they were not sure it was karlie because they didn't know her.

on the topic of lies, what makes someone comfortable enough to lie about something to LE? one thing i can think of is that if they know no one can refute the story. i guess there are other lies too, like the pathological kind, where someone can help it and does so habitually.

Circumstances point mostly to a run away. I just came across this case today. I haven't dug in to it too far and I don't plan too but my theories in-line with a dreamer I respect. From what I can gather she was using weed, had got suspended from school, and was lying to her folks about what she was doing that previous night but apparently went to a party. My primary theory which I could branch out in different directions from or may be totally wrong, is that she met someone or knew someone from the party or had came in contact with someone recently while suspended from school, that she met up with and she could be with. You've got an established (per either mom or sm) bit of a crisis going on in her life with pot at her age and I doubt anyone killed her because of it. Maybe the family was overbearing about it and maybe she ran away to get more of it. If that's the case it's highly unlikely these new weed friend(s) wanted to kill her and highly unlikely she was simultaniously randomly abducted or died of natural causes walking. Someone may have slipped her another cell phone therefore she didn't care about her's and that's how they communicated and the family didn't know.

Last edited:
Some of our viewers spotted a new missing person sign in Northwest Reno. We decided to follow-up on the Karlie Guse case out of Mono county (@bringkarliehome):

(Video)

Miles Buergin KRNV on Twitter

I noted that Reporter said KG was visiting friends on White Est Rd on morning she disappeared.

Let me guess where that info came from.... :eek:

It's poor reporting; her family home is in White Mountain Estate.

The initial missing persons statement from Mono County Sheriff states Karlie went missing in the area of Highway 6 and White Mountains Estates (Mono County Sheriff's Office).

According to Google, the road is called either Tungsten or Sierra View. Street view shows the White Mtn Est Rd sign, though, so I'm unsure of the correct name.

So is that brand new info?

Not brand new info.

There were various accounts of what happened to KG from the time she was collected from the party by her step mom to the time she was reported missing to the police.

And they changed again when witnesses came forward.

Could be bad reporting or just another account provided to the reporter.

MOO

I’ve never heard the Karlie was visiting friends on white mountain rd the morning she went missing. That is completely false unless new info has surfaced.

She was partying with friends the night before she went missing and called her stepmom to pick her up around 8pm.

She was never with friends the morning she went missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288