CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been so busy and have missed so much. What's this with he asked her to stay with him while he took his photo and she left?
Was there nothing else, like, she just walked off? She didn't say anything, like, "I need to go!" (I mean toilet, food etc) or "Do your stuff, see you later." (lolling)
If all he has said is " I asked her to stay!" and no mention of what she replied, that sounds like he's defending himself, as in: "I asked her to stay! Not my fault she's missing. It's her fault."
Combine that with "She WAS wearing a bikini, and she had a beer," we can clearly see from his point of view, Barbara is missing because she didn't follow his instructions, and also because she choose to wear the wrong thing.
Or did I miss something else? Just catching up. Did son's interview happen?
Yes to this.

Seasoned liars skillfully weave a bit of the truth throughout the lie. It makes it easier to remember. I think that's why he thought he would pass the lie detector test.

I pray LE is able to determine the damning things he left out.

she was presented as wearing nothing but underwear in another account...
no msm links but others have probably seen this claim as well.
What?! Now the story has changed from a bikini to wearing underwear? Who the heck goes hiking in their underwear in the desert? This is sounding more and more like someone with dementia. (One or the other). What?!?!

Amateur opinion and speculation

l

also if you find this case compelling and you want to know more relevant details read the media thread first, and if you really want a good idea of what is happening, read thread one, two and three.

also, please like and share this link with everyone you know!
Bikini-clad hiker missing in the Mojave Desert
the more likes and shares the more likely the network will do a follow up report.
I read it all over the past couple of days and it was very helpful.

I can't imagine what this has been like for you and your family, especially because of the vast distance. I pray you all have answers soon.

What?! Now the story has changed from a bikini to wearing underwear? Who the heck goes hiking in their underwear in the desert? This is sounding more and more like someone with dementia. (One or the other). What?!?!

Amateur opinion and speculation
I can't decide if its a too fantastical bit of detail for it not to be true or part of a cynical intent to make her look like an easy target.

No Rose, some other sites have changed it from a bikini to underwear.... but it's not true! It's a rumor.

Some bikini tops and bras look quite similar. (And these days, some women's swimsuits come with underwire or "soft cups"!)

Frankly, I'm not sure it would make much difference. JMO

Last edited:
If I were farther south and east, I would take a little drive and see if I could find a remote spot where I thought I could park a large truck and RV for a bit. Because like I posted yesterday morning, I don't think BT is where RT said she was. So, if she isn't, the question becomes 'where's a place that she's likely to be?' With all those wide open spaces, that's a big question, but he could not part that truck/RV just anywhere. MOO

Some bikini tops and bras look quite similar. (And these days, some women's swimsuits come with "soft cups" or underwire!)

Frankly, I'm not sure it would make much difference. JMO
IMHO, what she was wearing is only relevant to finding her. And the person who reported what she was wearing is the same person with the very hard-to-believe story about taking a short walk, getting separated, and her vanishing into thin air.

I’m not sure how GPS on the Truck works but it should show the route that RT and BT drove the day she went missing. It would be interesting to know everywhere that Truck and RV was that day.
I was in a wreak once and was knocked unconscious, the GPS on my Jeep alerted 911 of the wreak location.

I believe enough time has passed that electronic data such as phone pings, gps locations, etc should be in the hands of LE .
As for the phone, surely no subpoena was needed.
Every little thing has to be done 100% correctly, in case there's ever a trial for any reason.
Anyone think data is still being sought as far as electronic and triangulation?
It can take a lot of time, depending on many things.
Jmo
Chi
ETA I realize it's been stated officially that according to initial report that BT didnt have her cell

Would also like to state my opinion in regards to all those who think he could never do anything to her because he loved her so much.
If he loved her so much, why was he so stone cold in his interviews? Like a robot programmed on what to say.
Not one tear.

I know a few men who are logical and analytical and they are also emotionally unavailable. No emotions at all even during a crisis or death in the family.

There was a crime show on tv where the woman was murdered and they focused on the husband. He had no emotions and appeared stoic during the entire police interrogations. Of course, because he did not act "normal" LE knew he killed his wife. The husband ended up being innocent when they found the real killer.

Last edited:
Was it ever stated what the plan was after this stop? Where were they heading to next? What was the plan?
If he had included an itinerary, it would def add context to the stop-over in the middle of no where. Or if he said something like, we've wanted to check out that granite outcropping for a while now, so we stopped to take some pictures. We planned to head to the desert research center next.

As it stands, because she disappeared there and we only have minute details, it's spinning everyone off.

I agree, but it would also be normal to notify someone's family when their mother, sister, aunt is missing. I have a bit of trouble understanding why the flight cancellation took precedence over that. I do realize that her brother is ill and in Hong Kong but her son is not. MOO
maybe he wanted the flight refunded to his credit card???? hmmm if she had a refundable ticket - now that would be compelling information IMO

I know a few men who are logical and analytical and they are also emotionally unavailable. No emotions at all even during a crisis or death in the family.

There was a crime show on tv where the woman was murdered and they focused on the husband. He had no emotions and appeared stoic during the entire police interrogations. Of course, because he did not act "normal" LE knew he killed his wife. The husband ended up being innocent when they found the real killer.

Some people are able to just focus on the facts when trying to accomplish a task. Emergency Metics, Military Veterans, Etc.

she was presented as wearing nothing but underwear in another account...
no msm links but others have probably seen this claim as well.

The Media running with it because sex sells and average everyday people with imaginations that run wild.. m.o.

RT not setting anyone in the media straight on how he first presented her, causes myself to look at him with a different set of eyes..
As days pass with no word from him my mindset deepens in consideration..
No longer can I consider him innocent.

Now after professional search crews with copter do not find her.. I must consider..
Where has he placed her body ?
Using the media with how he presents her..He has already set it up in case she is found ..
Between where the search takes place and Las Vegas.. If and When she is found, He will blame it on who took her..
He will say .. "They" left her body there..
He is free..
All assets are now his and life insurance pays out..

BT may still be alive. Doubtful but possible if she made her way to the road or parking area.
I'm stubbornly holding onto all hope until there is none. I'm sure her family is too!
I've seen no proof RT killed her. <modsnip>
When/if LE officially calls him that, I'll be onboard.
Have they done so?
TIA multitasking w 92 yr old mom right now :) and had to relocate huge female racoon this morning
Chi
Also BT seems very fit. My own dad was still hiking *not in desert* well beyond 91 yrs old. Sometimes his clothing was questionable to us, due to some senilty. Lol :)

Last edited by a moderator:
IF someone were to kill someone, and say the person vanished on a hike/walk in the desert.... Why would they not just make it look like an accident? No need to hide a body. Making it hard to find the body just complicates everything. Would be easier to claim the person fell, wouldn’t it??

The only reason I can think of to stage it this way would be if the death could not possibly be ruled accidental. If a weapon were involved such as a knife or a gun. I don’t get a feeling that is the case in this situation.

I hope BT is found soon and that the cloud of suspicion is cleared OR justice is served, whichever may be the case here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288