GUILTY NY - Phoenix & Luna Rodriguez, 1, twins, die in hot car, Bronx, 26 July 2019 *No jail*

I'm not buying what he is trying to sell. From your link:

When the 39-year-old dad made the left turn out of the hospital parking lot onto Kingsbridge Road, he drove two blocks and that’s when “he saw the seats in the back,” according to the source.

Rodriguez normally would have carried his 1-year-old son, Phoenix, and daughter, Luna, in their car seats into the day care.

It sounds like he normally leaves the car seats at daycare, which is a clue to me that switching off who drops off/picks up the kids is normal. It might be that dropping off the twins is not a regular part of his morning commute, but changes from day to day. It's easier to believe that he forgot if daycare isn't a daily habit.

The parent picking up the kids didn't need to have the car seats in the car because the car seats would be at daycare. So, calling her to pick them up seems sort of random, but perhaps that's how they handled the task - whoever was available that day picked them up.

But, on the other hand, makes it all the more odd that he didn't realize when he shut the door of the car in the morning that the two car seats were there. On a normal day, the back seat should have NO car seats.

jmo

I think daycare needs to weigh in on this, whether or not he brings the children inside in their car seats or not, and who picks them up. It ALMOST look like the story is growing to fit the details or something.

Another Cooper Harris ?
How did he forget the twins but not the older child he dropped off the same day ??

Last edited:
I don't know what to think in the case. Whether or not he "forgot" I do hope to see some kind of charge, even if minor. I hope that the DA is actually investigating this and not just waiting for it to go away.

The courthouse performance was very odd, but people are weird. I'm trying not to read into that.

ETA: I can't fathom why they would bring a young child to that circus. Let the kid have some privacy and deal with this trauma. Good lord!

Last edited:
Another Cooper Harris ?
How did he forget the twins but not the older child he dropped off the same day ??
I'm predicting right now that there is way more to this story and we will eventually see charges. They've dropped the LESSER charges but this quote: "Bronx District Attorney's office said Thursday it is adjourning the case against Rodriguez and will not convene a grand jury at this time to pursue an indictment." from this article: Prosecutors decline to pursue indictment against father in hot car death of twins is, in my opinion, a way of making a statement while not making a statement, IYKWIM.

Sadly, I'm afraid this is two more Coopers.

I'm predicting right now that there is way more to this story and we will eventually see charges. They've dropped the LESSER charges but this quote: "Bronx District Attorney's office said Thursday it is adjourning the case against Rodriguez and will not convene a grand jury at this time to pursue an indictment." from this article: Prosecutors decline to pursue indictment against father in hot car death of twins is, in my opinion, a way of making a statement while not making a statement, IYKWIM.

Sadly, I'm afraid this is two more Coopers.

Yes. The fact that this is NOT going to the Grand Jury "today" does not bode well for Mr. Rodriguez.

And, the fact that the lesser charges were dropped...is ominous.

Yes. The fact that this is NOT going to the Grand Jury "today" does not bode well for Mr. Rodriguez.

And, the fact that the lesser charges were dropped...is ominous.
Is the impression people are getting is that it is not going to grand jury now because with what is known now, a grand jury wouldn't indict. So, the prosecution wants the investigation to continue because it thinks something will be found to show intent - and then they will present that to the grand jury?

Am I following what people are thinking this means?

jmo

Is the impression people are getting is that it is not going to grand jury now because with what is known now, a grand jury wouldn't indict. So, the prosecution wants the investigation to continue because it thinks something will be found to show intent - and then they will present that to the grand jury?

Am I following what people are thinking this means?

jmo

Personally...I can't tell that it means anything. It could mean what you laid out above, or they are leaning toward dropping the charges, but want to wait until they have a better picture. It could just mean that they are deciding if it's worth it for them.

I'm not buying what he is trying to sell. From your link:

When the 39-year-old dad made the left turn out of the hospital parking lot onto Kingsbridge Road, he drove two blocks and that’s when “he saw the seats in the back,” according to the source.

Rodriguez normally would have carried his 1-year-old son, Phoenix, and daughter, Luna, in their car seats into the day care.
What is it you think he's "trying to sell" exactly?

He cries out, " I killed my babies!" on scene. What does it matter if he always carries them in in their seats or not. He killed his children. And he is owning that. I would not expect him to be thinking clearly right now.

How good would anyone's thought process be, after realizing their two adorable toddlers are dead because they screwed up? You think he murdered them? Deliberately? Because I highly doubt it.

So, once again, what's he trying to sell? The man can barely stand up right in the court room pics... What do we know about this man, that his wife, mother, friends, co-workers, Teenage children, fellow soldiers...do not? And by all accounts, this was an honorable man.

There is a picture of him sleeping, with his two newborn twins on his chest... He's military... A SW who works with homeless vets. He lives to serve. LITERALLY. His family is quite obviously convinced he is a GOOD father, who made a mistake. A fatal mistake. This is something he will not EVER come to peace with within himself. His core values are just SO incongruent with these deaths it's impossible for him to have a an avenue for self-forgiveness.

He already has a life sentence that he will impose on himself. For the sake of his living children, family and friends, I hope he can find the wherewith-all to just get on with things. That is the best I feel he can hope for, he's not coming back from this the same man, just as many of the the vet's he serves do not come back whole, from their personal hell.

I agree. I'm losing sympathy rather quickly. Does an innocent person have the need for such a show?
Absolutely. Unless they feel a Jail cell is a better place to grieve and help their wife and kids grieve.

I don't know what to think in the case. Whether or not he "forgot" I do hope to see some kind of charge, even if minor. I hope that the DA is actually investigating this and not just waiting for it to go away.

The courthouse performance was very odd, but people are weird. I'm trying not to read into that.

ETA: I can't fathom why they would bring a young child to that circus. Let the kid have some privacy and deal with this trauma. Good lord!
Kid needs his dad more than his "privacy". I'd bring an embryo to court to keep him where he needs to be. Let people judge, I doubt they care about that right now. If he's military, hes a strategist, rightly so in this situation. imo ( once again.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back