Found Safe UT - Asiah Mister, 12, South Salt Lake, 31 July 2019 *endangered*

Hope this 12 year old unknown friend comes forward and is indeed a 12 year old friend! Yikes!!

If her brother got a hold of her on social media at 10pm, seems she was alright up until that point. So something happened on her way home? I can’t imagine a 12 year old walking home alone at 10 pm. I’m so worried.

I think she must have been taken (at least her phone) by car to those apartments, there are Maverik stores much closer to her house that she likely would have met at. Let’s hope for camera footage that shows who she met up with!

I just changed the date to July 31st. According to this article, she was last seen at 4:00pm by her grandmother.

A 12-year-old Utah girl is missing. Police are asking for help to find her.

Also:

Asiah is described as 12-year-old black girl with black hair, which she wears in a ponytail. She stands 5-feet tall and weighs 90 pounds.

She was last seen wearing a lavender shirt with multi-color llamas and 4 squares, blue jeans, and gray fuzzy slippers.

South Salt Lake Police ask for help finding 12-year-old girl considered missing, endangered

The closest Maveriks is a 15 minute walk from the River Run Condos. Straight past the county jail and sheriffs office.

I couldn’t see any closer. If she was heading there, she would have walked through a construction development to get to S900 W.

Hope this 12 year old unknown friend comes forward and is indeed a 12 year old friend! Yikes!!

If her brother got a hold of her on social media at 10pm, seems she was alright up until that point. So something happened on her way home? I can’t imagine a 12 year old walking home alone at 10 pm. I’m so worried.

This is so scary. I'm worried too. Unknown friend....that could mean either they just aren't sure which of her (known) friends she was meeting that day....or, a "new friend" (unknown to them) of some sort or another :( If one of her actual known playmates, by now they should have heard from her....like... A left my house at x time and she was fine, headed home.

Eta a few things and for spelling and grammar:

Maverick convenience stores are everywhere in Utah. They are like 7-11s but have an "adventure" theme. The one closest to her house is likely the one she was going to originally but there could be several within walking distance.

I don't think we can assume she sent the message at 10pm on social media. If someone had her phone, they had access to her social media as well. I have a code with my kids when they text so I know it is them for just these circumstances. Someone else wouldn't know that's what they are doing but I will know it is for sure my kid.

I'm at work, so I can't link, but if someone can google Asiah Shea there is a you tube link that comes up with an Instagram and some other SM account in the description.

Sadly, I think this young lady is in trouble.

Last edited:
I don't think we can assume she sent the message at 10pm on social media. If someone had her phone, they had access to her social media as well. I have a code with my kids when they text so I know it is them for just these circumstances. Someone else wouldn't know that's what they are doing but I will know it is for sure my kid.

I was about to write the same thing. Asiah may not have been the one to respond to brother. I also have a code with my kids. I grew up being told to have a code word with parents. I wish schools still encouraged this. Two of mine are adults now and the code word is still valid. They think I’m paranoid, but I say I’m just cautious.

I am concerned about who Asiah met. I pray she just fibbed and is at a friends’ house and fell asleep. All IMO.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back