MISTRIAL AZ - Isabel Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012, found deceased in 2017* *Arrest* #27

Just finished reading a request for DNA for CC 8/15/17. TPD went to Phoenix with a search warrant for a DNA swab. Now that I've read it again, it reminded me of why the match to Maribel was only 1 in 8600,

I admire the fact that you were a C.O. Handling someone like CC these officers went above and beyond. He's hardened and extremely weird. Answer a question with a question type guy & street hard wanting a cig and twisting it after arguing he wasn't going to give DNA to give me a cig and I'll give it. Frustrating to read how he plays. Glad someone has patients to deal with criminals.

Clements Interview Transcript - PCSD Maricopa County Jail 8-15-17 (00626285-3xCDD05) | Violence

Also looked on AZ Supreme Court site this morning and see there's the burglary court dates this month. Didn't find her in jail in Pima or Maricopa.

thank you! well he would have been interviewed by the detectives not the detention staff, but it certainly does require patience to deal with some of them day to day. almost all of them try to manipulate something they want, even if its simple things like a clean pair of socks.

At the start of Clement’s interview with 4 officers with the PCSD on August 15, 2017, after an officer reads Clements his rights, he decides to continuing speaking without a lawyer being present. However, Clements didn't know the officers wanted to discuss a homicide with him so that could be why he continued.

This 40 page interview is very insightful but unless you subscribe you can read only the 1st 4 pages.

On page 3, Clements asks, “Am I being investigated for MG’s murder or do you think I know something that had to do with this? “Well I can definitely tell you that I haven’t been involved in a homicide.”

Later he asks why LE need his DNA when they already have it.

Clements told detectives he has two children which he loves to death.

Clements Interview Transcript - PCSD Maricopa County Jail 8-15-17 (00626285-3xCDD05) | Violence

Last edited:
When I read the press summary of the DAs 39 page answer to CCs defense motion many things disturbed me.

But when I read he planned to blame Sergio it ripped my heart out even more for Sergio, Becky, and their two sons.

It reminded me of when Richard Allen Davis got up in a packed courtroom to make a statement before being sentenced to death.

He was another vile pedophile predator who had kidnapped, raped, and murdered Pauli Klass. He said Pauli told him 'to please not hurt me like daddy does' referring to her loving father, Mark.

I remember those in the gallery had to hold Mark back from attacking RAD right then, and there.

I cant think of anything worse than a family member being accused of hurting their child.

It shows pedophile murderers aren't just satisfied with raping, and murdering defenseless children, but they like nothing better than to drive the knife into the hearts of their devastated parents, and twist it.

I'm afraid CC may have gotten the idea to frame Sergio from reading true crime blog sites. It will be interesting to learn all he searched, and what sites he may have been interested in, and visited before finally being caught.

For all we know, he may not have only read here or elsewhere, but also may have posted.

I remember another case where a woman had her boyfriend murder a gentleman who had won a big lottery jackpot in Florida, and she was the victim's supposedly accountant handling his money.

Tricia found out she had been posting here, and turned in all of her posts into LE.

I think it's highly likely others involved in murder cases also have postedor read here or elsewhere. It's a way they can follow the case.

Justice for Isa, and Maribel.

Jmho

Last edited:
its up to custodial staff to ensure he is safe. this is creating a liability. they need to do everything above board so he gets the sentence he deserves.

even if he failed to register, when an inmate is processed into jail, they are ran on CLETS and if he is an RSO it will come up. it will say whether he is in compliance or not. it will show in state and out of state warrants and their DL info as well as whether they are on probation or parole.

Yes LE would be able to look him up and see he was registered. However, not all RSO's in Arizona are on a public registry. So that might be why nobody can find him on the registry now.

Yes LE would be able to look him up and see he was registered. However, not all RSO's in Arizona are on a public registry. So that might be why nobody can find him on the registry now.
Reportedly, that was one of his repeat offenses -- CC had a history of failing to register, or living too close to a school.

So much data telling us that CC doesn't think rules apply to him. He's special...

No, the article said a thumbnail too. Otherwise they would be able to tell for sure I'd think who it was.

Thanks for link.

I was reminded that the it was clear to investigators the photo believed to be Isabel lying in backseat was NOT Clement's son as he alleged.

This was confirmed by the boys mother and/or CC's girlfriend when she did not recognize the same photo as her own son (as CC alleged). This was another ruse by CC. (Thumbnail photo not critical evidence -- Clements lost argument).

Clement's was claiming the State did not present evidence to the Grand Jury that Sergio committed the crime, and the photos from his computer were just a few things the state used to substantiate probable cause Clements responsible:

A search of one of Clements’ iPads revealed “a number of photos depicting young girls in fenced residential yards and in front of residences,” many of which appeared candid. Further investigation by police revealed that many of the photos of Hispanic girls were later tied to locations in Pima County, the response said.

The grand jury was also presented with evidence that Clements’ computer contained a thumbnail image that appears to be a selfie of Clements in the front seat of a car with a young girl “who bears a striking resemblance” to Isabel lying in the backseat, the response said.

When questioned about the image, Clements said that the child was his 1½-year-old blond-haired son.

When investigators showed the picture to the mother of Clements’ son, “she started shaking” and didn’t identify the child as her own, the response said.

To send the case back to the grand jury is only appropriate if a substantial procedural right was denied, and in this case it wasn’t, the County Attorney’s Office argued.

“There is not one single argument in defendant’s motion which might have affected the grand jury’s probable cause determination,” the response said, adding that Arizona law requires a motion to cite supporting facts and authorities, which Clements’ did not.

Thanks for link.

I was reminded that the it was clear to investigators the photo believed to be Isabel lying in backseat was NOT Clement's son as he alleged.

This was confirmed by the boys mother and/or CC's girlfriend when she did not recognize the same photo as her own son (as CC alleged). This was another ruse by CC. (Thumbnail photo not critical evidence -- Clements lost argument).

Clement's was claiming the State did not present evidence to the Grand Jury that Sergio committed the crime, and the photos from his computer were just a few things the state used to substantiate probable cause Clements responsible:

A search of one of Clements’ iPads revealed “a number of photos depicting young girls in fenced residential yards and in front of residences,” many of which appeared candid. Further investigation by police revealed that many of the photos of Hispanic girls were later tied to locations in Pima County, the response said.

The grand jury was also presented with evidence that Clements’ computer contained a thumbnail image that appears to be a selfie of Clements in the front seat of a car with a young girl “who bears a striking resemblance” to Isabel lying in the backseat, the response said.

When questioned about the image, Clements said that the child was his 1½-year-old blond-haired son.

When investigators showed the picture to the mother of Clements’ son, “she started shaking” and didn’t identify the child as her own, the response said.

To send the case back to the grand jury is only appropriate if a substantial procedural right was denied, and in this case it wasn’t, the County Attorney’s Office argued.

“There is not one single argument in defendant’s motion which might have affected the grand jury’s probable cause determination,” the response said, adding that Arizona law requires a motion to cite supporting facts and authorities, which Clements’ did not.

Seattle, Thank you for all the informative links you provide to us whether its about this case or so many others.

I'm afraid CCs attorneys may be a lot like the unethical lawyers, McGee, and Maline we had to endure in the Charles Merritt death penalty trial.

Their motion is ridiculous, and imo they knew it would go no where before even filing it.

The defense couldn't produce one provable fact about Sergio because there is none.

Like the Merritt case showed us clearly ...false assumptions made against anyone else aren't facts of any kind, and are just a deceptive practice by defendants, and their attorneys.

Jurors are becoming much wiser about the mean spirited antics defense attorneys play in their tired old SODDI defense.

More, and more they try to blame another totally innocent person not involved in any manner even though time after time jurors refuse to drink the DTs toxic koolaid.

Imo, all it does is windup insulting the juries' intelligence.

Another dangerous defense game of 'ignore ALL of the compelling evidence pointing against the accused, and just believe what we say just because we say so.'

Nevermind they dont have anything to support any of their allegations. We saw facts dont matter to the DTs like they didn't with the attorneys in the Wint, and Merritt trials.

But irrefutable facts always does matter to jurors who sit on these very serious cases.

If CC, and DT goes this same route it will backfire bigtime, and only windup pizzing the jurors off. It is beyond cruel to accuse anyone of having any part of losing their precious child.

It's as heartless as the murderer who took the beautiful lives of their children away from them.

It's obvious the DA isn't bothered one bit by this DT spiel, and I'm sure they already knew SODDI would be the defense.

Imo, they have so much evidence against CC he won't wiggle his way out of being punished severely this time.

In DP cases the investigation continues right up until trial time. They are going to find even more evidence than the overwhelming evidence they have already amassed against this creep.

At least finally he will not ever be able to kidnap, rape, and murder another child.

It also will give the FBI a chance to investigate CC looking for other victims....which I absolutely believe there are many more out there.

It's like when SKs are finally caught causing a domino effect of exposing all of the victims they have murdered.

JMHO

At the start of Clement’s interview with 4 officers with the PCSD on August 15, 2017, after an officer reads Clements his rights, he decides to continuing speaking without a lawyer being present. However, Clements didn't know the officers wanted to discuss a homicide with him so that could be why he continued.

This 40 page interview is very insightful but unless you subscribe you can read only the 1st 4 pages.

On page 3, Clements asks, “Am I being investigated for MG’s murder or do you think I know something that had to do with this? “Well I can definitely tell you that I haven’t been involved in a homicide.”

Later he asks why LE need his DNA when they already have it.

Clements told detectives he has two children which he loves to death.

Thanks Crosby as always for providing us vital information about these horrific murders.

See part of what you have posted from this link makes my head spin because CC clearly states they already had his DNA. Ugh.

Again, it makes no logical sense his DNA wasn't compared to the commingled DNA immediately which would have linked him to Maribel's murder years ago.

It's just not logical either to believe they did not already have a DNA profile of this repeat sex offender of children. That has been routinely done for many years now. That's the very way LE can tell if they have reoffended which they are apt to do.

Imo, my opinion still stands, and the TPD dropped the ball when they didnt immediately compare the DNA found on MG to all known sex offenders. The Gonzalez family must be highly upset he wasnt arrested years ago knowing they had this evidence all along, but he wasn't arrested until 2018 many years later.

By not doing a comparison test when they first knew they had it is shameful. It also allowed CC more opportunity to harm other victims in Tucson as well or in other cities or even surrounding border states.

If the FBI determines CC murdered or raped more defenseless children after murdering Maribel the TPD should be blamed for allowing it to happen. Imo.

As an aside: I have questions please even though I cant hardly stomach looking at the thumbnail pic he had that looks so much like little Isa it's haunting.

Will they be able to show the thumbnail photo to his jury? Can the experts determine when the image was taken? TIA

I'm so afraid the pics found were either already victimized children or children he had targeted as his next prey or already molested.

Do you think LE may be able to determine who these children are, and if dead or alive?

If that thumbnail pic is of beautiful Isa he's toast on that evidence alone concerning her case.

Do you know if they have shown the pic to the Celis family? I can't even begin to imagine the pain it would give the entire Celis family if they believe it could be their sweet baby girl.

I'm sure the DA doesn't want to reveal that information at this time...understandably so.

Jmho

I agree it's clear to me it's not a baby boy. Even just from the thumbnail. (I edited it and played with it a bit.) Hopefully they do have the full size photo or at least a better quality thumbnail.

Maybe they will see if the FBI experts can enhance it? They are suppose to be the best in the world in this field.

I hope so anyway.

Jmho

Why are the guards allowing fights between the prisoners to occur? Who can make them stop?

i don't know why, they definitely shouldn't be. in some cases, there may be one "bad apple" but checks and balances with other staff who hopefully are moral and professional. i hate to think of all the CO's being "bad apples". inmates can file grievances.

When I read the press summary of the DAs 39 page answer to CCs defense motion many things disturbed me.

But when I read he planned to blame Sergio it ripped my heart out even more for Sergio, Becky, and their two sons.

It reminded me of when Richard Allen Davis got up in a packed courtroom to make a statement before being sentenced to death.

He was another vile pedophile predator who had kidnapped, raped, and murdered Pauli Klass. He said Pauli told him 'to please not hurt me like daddy does' referring to her loving father, Mark.

I remember those in the gallery had to hold Mark back from attacking RAD right then, and there.

I cant think of anything worse than a family member being accused of hurting their child.

It shows pedophile murderers aren't just satisfied with raping, and murdering defenseless children, but they like nothing better than to drive the knife into the hearts of their devastated parents, and twist it.

I'm afraid CC may have gotten the idea to frame Sergio from reading true crime blog sites. It will be interesting to learn all he searched, and what sites he may have been interested in, and visited before finally being caught.

For all we know, he may not have only read here or elsewhere, but also may have posted.

I remember another case where a woman had her boyfriend murder a gentleman who had won a big lottery jackpot in Florida, and she was the victim's supposedly accountant handling his money.

Tricia found out she had been posting here, and turned in all of her posts into LE.

I think it's highly likely others involved in murder cases also have postedor read here or elsewhere. It's a way they can follow the case.

Justice for Isa, and Maribel.

Jmho

Richard allen davis is a sorry . i was a CO for a time in his county of offense, AFTER his time there, and the staff had stories about how putrid he was. AND. funny enough, when he got his change of venue it was in the county i am in now.

I don't think the guards are allowing fights exactly. It can just take a minute to stop the fight.

I don't much care what happens to this sack o crap... but I'm always aware of those falsely accused and convicted of sex crimes. They shouldn't be beaten or killed when they didn't even commit the crime.

Fortunately that doesn't happen often. In fact most of the incarceration fight deaths are simply "you disrespected me" and it's a well placed punch, or the victim falls and lands on a concrete step just right.

So I won't lose sleep over this guy getting beat up. But in general guards do a good job of preventing incidents like this.

Friday, August 16th:
*Evidentiary Hearing (@ pm PT) – AZ – Isabel Mercedes Celis (6) (April 21, 2012, Tucson, found Mar. 3, 2017, Id’ed Mar. 31, 2017) & Maribel Victoria Gonzales (13) (June 4, 2014, Tucson, found June 6, 2014, id’ed June 20, 2014) – *Christopher Matthew Clements aka Damion James Johnson (36) indicted (9/15/18) & arraigned (9/24/18) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder, 2 counts of kidnapping a minor under 15, 2 counts of 2nd degree burglary, 1 count of theft by controlling stolen property, 1 count of trafficking in stolen property & 14 counts of sexual exploitation of minors. Plead not guilty. $2M cash only bond. DA will seek DP.
Court hearings from 9/15/18 to 2/11/19 reference post #995 here: Found Deceased - AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 *Arrest* #26
4/15/19 Update: Defense tries to get charges of murder & kidnapping dismissed. Next hearing on 6/14.
6/14/19 Update: For Fraud, burglary & theft next hearing on 8/16. 7/28/19: On murder/kidnapping case no further dates.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrigokurita
Back