GUILTY GA - Laila Daniel, 2, beaten to death, McDonough, 17 Nov 2015 *foster parents arrested*

If I understood correctly, she got Life +40 to be served, so that's technically 70 yrs before she would be eligible for parole. He got 50yrs with 30 to serve. He will be eligible in 30.

Am I right or wrong?

we don't know if good time will factor in earlier than his 30 years or not. guess we wait for some news outlet to tell us, lol

If I understood correctly, she got Life +40 to be served, so that's technically 70 yrs before she would be eligible for parole. He got 50yrs with 30 to serve. He will be eligible in 30.

Am I right or wrong?

That sounds more like what I heard. But I can't hear the audio all that well. I really thought she got lwop. I'm going to be pretty ticked if she didn't. :/

·
1m

#RosenbaumTrial Judge Amero sentences Jennifer to Life+ 40 years; Joseph to serve 30 years. Says he found it deeply frustrating that the defendants’ family “would quarrel with the verdict...it’s one of the most horrible crimes & outcomes anyone would ever dream of”
@wsbradio

so glad she got life plus.

Somebody mentioned upthread that they had been rejected as foster parents twice? Does anyone have the details on that? Because it makes me think the POUNCED when she saw an acquaintance from her days in care needed a place for her kids, and went directly to her, thinking to skirt the social service rules by saying it was a placement to someone known to the family.
That....makes me furious.

I just listened again and she got life plus 2 20's. The 20's are concurrent to each other, but consecutive to life.

ETA, but then there were some more 20's I think. I'm confused:)

Parole-eligible offenders serving a life sentence for a serious violent felony (murder, rape, aggravated sodomy, aggravated child molestation, aggravated sexual battery, armed robbery, or kidnapping) committed prior to July 1, 2006, are initially considered for parole after serving 14 years.

Those offenders who committed such crimes on or after July 1, 2006, will not be considered for parole until they have served 30 years.
Most life-sentenced offenders convicted of serious violent felonies before 1995 were eligible for parole after seven years and have already received their initial parole consideration.

Life Sentences | State Board of Pardons and Paroles

Parole-eligible offenders serving a life sentence for a serious violent felony (murder, rape, aggravated sodomy, aggravated child molestation, aggravated sexual battery, armed robbery, or kidnapping) committed prior to July 1, 2006, are initially considered for parole after serving 14 years.

Those offenders who committed such crimes on or after July 1, 2006, will not be considered for parole until they have served 30 years.
Most life-sentenced offenders convicted of serious violent felonies before 1995 were eligible for parole after seven years and have already received their initial parole consideration.

Life Sentences | State Board of Pardons and Paroles

woo hoo, we won't see her anymore

Thanks all for your input...The sentences are good enough. I hope they both die in prison.

Incarceration shortens life expectancy
Each year in prison takes 2 years off an individual's life expectancy. With over 2.3 million people locked up, mass incarceration has shortened the overall U.S. life expectancy by 5 years.

Incarceration shortens life expectancy

My daughter showed up right before they were sentenced so I only just had a chance to watch it!

I'm glad the judge reprimanded the defendants' families, and whoever it was they dragged in, for not respecting the verdicts. So pleased to see Tessa saying she did not wish to respond to Joseph's father's comments.

Jennifer's and Joseph's tears of pity for themselves was sickening to watch.

Mixed feelings about the sentences. As long as they mean what they say they mean then it seems just about reasonable I think.

I've been watching 2 other trials and haven't been able to keep up watching this one. Why did she get rejected?

Here I found the quote about being denied in this article
Sister, adoptive mom testify at Rosenbaum trial

"Chineza Oeikeo, a DFCS adoption worker for over 11 years, said all foster parents are required to go through orientation, background checks, an class on what to expect from foster children)and a home study before they can take foster children. She said Jennifer made two applications. One was in her maiden name, Holcomb, which turned up her own Child Protective Services history. That application "was naturally denied." The other included husband Joseph under their married name. Oeikeo says they did orientation but that she never gave final approval and doesn't know how the Rosenbaums got the children because she approves all home studies in Henry County."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back