Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Escalation of Conflict? Or Escalation of Nelson's Fear??

@indicolite22 :)Thanks for your post. Good questions.

This post assumes (for sake of discussion) -
1. Nelson was committing fraud against Diemels (which to many of us, seems a certainty, but legally he's IUPGBARD);

2. Prior to July 21, Diemels had not made any unannounced visits to farm.
3. Diemels had not scheduled apptmt for July 21, perhaps not even announced by phone call from airport.
And post does not assume Diemels suspected Nelson of fraud, or if so, not assume they told Nelson of their suspicions.)

From moment they arrived, Nelson was doing mental gymnastics about how to prevent them from discovering his crimes. Even without direct accusations by Diemels, Nelson may have suspected they suspected fraud, and he knew another surprise inspection would unravel everything. He had to prevent that. Nelson's fear escalated, from zero mph pre-visit to Mach 1/speed of sound, when brothers were ready to leave, so he killed them, hid their remains.

Was there conflict?

Did Diemels explicitly voice to Nelson concerns of discrepancies or fraud? Based on employee's recounting of 11:00-ish phone convo w them, no indication of anything awry. If questioned, Nelson may have shown them cattle belonging to others (or otherwise placated them), and they may have been satisfied that everything was hunky-dory and ready to leave. So there may or may not have been conflict.

^All just possibilities.^ jmo
Interesting. IMO, he would not have killed them without a conflict (that's why I think this was about money). They were probably not the only people he defrauded. Was he going to kill them all? If the brothers suspected nothing, IMO he would be happy to have fooled someone once more. He likely wouldn't be thinking about the next visit at all.

Argh -- so sorry to hear this news, for the brothers, their families and all of those that the business supported. How did this guy ever regain his licence(s) to work in the cattle markets again after the range and seriousness of his frauds?

Interesting. IMO, he would not have killed them without a conflict (that's why I think this was about money). They were probably not the only people he defrauded. Was he going to kill them all? If the brothers suspected nothing, IMO he would be happy to have fooled someone once more. He likely wouldn't be thinking about the next visit at all.

You bring up a good point.

Once the investigation is completed, and it's a long way from being concluded, will they discover he went back to his old game, and has defrauded others?

I think it's highly likely.

Jmho

Escalation of Conflict? Or Escalation of Nelson's Fear??

@indicolite22 :)Thanks for your post. Good questions.

This post assumes (for sake of discussion) -
1. Nelson was committing fraud against Diemels (which to many of us, seems a certainty, but legally he's IUPGBARD);

2. Prior to July 21, Diemels had not made any unannounced visits to farm.
3. Diemels had not scheduled apptmt for July 21, perhaps not even announced by phone call from airport.
And post does not assume Diemels suspected Nelson of fraud, or if so, not assume they told Nelson of their suspicions.)

From moment they arrived, Nelson was doing mental gymnastics about how to prevent them from discovering his crimes. Even without direct accusations by Diemels, Nelson may have suspected they suspected fraud, and he knew another surprise inspection would unravel everything. He had to prevent that. Nelson's fear escalated, from zero mph pre-visit to Mach 1/speed of sound, when brothers were ready to leave, so he killed them, hid their remains.

Was there conflict?

Did Diemels explicitly voice to Nelson concerns of discrepancies or fraud? Based on employee's recounting of 11:00-ish phone convo w them, no indication of anything awry. If questioned, Nelson may have shown them cattle belonging to others (or otherwise placated them), and they may have been satisfied that everything was hunky-dory and ready to leave. So there may or may not have been conflict.

^All just possibilities.^ jmo
WHEW!! I didn't read your first sentence at first: "This post assumes (for sake of discussion) - "

My head started spinning. Lol!!! I thought new info had been released and drats I missed it! lol!!!

That will teach me. I finally caught on when I read your last words.

Argh -- so sorry to hear this news, for the brothers, their families and all of those that the business supported. How did this guy ever regain his licence(s) to work in the cattle markets again after the range and seriousness of his frauds?
@ scapa :)
I'm not familiar w License(s) to work in cattle markets?
Who issues? Fed? State? Or?
A link, pls. describing the process, qualifications, etc.

If you are referring to info below, I don't believe Nelson was licensed as such:
Livestock Market Licensing
"The Division of Animal Health, under the authority of the Missouri Livestock Marketing Law (
277, RSMo 2000) and through the regulations (2 CSR 30-6PDF Document), regulates livestock market/sales in the state."
To operate a livestock market/sale in the state, the operator must have a license issued by the Division of Animal Health."
^jmo^

@SunGazer :) Thanks for your post.
^pub today, Aug 1, in kansascity.com

"Tomme Feil and her family returned home from Branson on July 21 to find her son, Garland Nelson, speaking to police officers..."
She said Diemels came to look at "calves owned by the family."

{{{me: Which fam did she think owned the calves: Diemels or Nelson?}}}

"Feil said she was hesitant to speak to news organizations because she believed Nelson was unfairly treated by prosecutors and reporters when he was convicted in 2016....Now, Feil said, she is receiving harassment..."

She said, "He's [Nelson] hardworking. He always seems to care about family...
I have nothing to be guilty for.... But a lot of times you're guilty by association. This is not my character, not my family's... I wish knew the truth but I don't."

@ scapa :)
I'm not familiar w License(s) to work in cattle markets?
Who issues? Fed? State? Or?
A link, pls. describing the process, qualifications, etc.

If you are referring to info below, I don't believe Nelson was licensed as such:
Livestock Market Licensing
"The Division of Animal Health, under the authority of the Missouri Livestock Marketing Law (
277, RSMo 2000) and through the regulations (2 CSR 30-6PDF Document), regulates livestock market/sales in the state."
To operate a livestock market/sale in the state, the operator must have a license issued by the Division of Animal Health."
^jmo^

There wouldn't be any licenses that I know of for owning or raising cattle. If a person was a dealer or broker there could be some licensing or bonding since they could be handling other people's money.

There wouldn't be any licenses that I know of for owning or raising cattle. If a person was a dealer or broker there could be some licensing or bonding since they could be handling other people's money.

Would a business license be required? I would think cattle would be regulated due to human consumption.
I realize beef is inspected at slaughter. Does the government oversee what they are feed, drugs given, while they are being raised?

I know dairy farmers in VA the milk is tested at the farm storage unit prior to being loaded into the milk company trucks.

"Tomme Feil and her family returned home from Branson on July 21 to find her son, Garland Nelson, speaking to police officers..."

"Feil said she was hesitant to speak to news organizations because she believed Nelson was unfairly treated by prosecutors and reporters when he was convicted in 2016....Now, Feil said, she is receiving harassment..."

I have nothing to be guilty for.... But a lot of times you're guilty by association. This is not my character, not my family's... I wish knew the truth but I don't."
I feel like saying: " Then ASK your son for the truth!"

I wondered about who’s family calves she’s referring to as well. Nelson’s or Deimel’s. It does go to show that she’s aware of the business relationship I think but maybe she only knows from her son after the fact.

You bring up a good point.

Once the investigation is completed, and it's a long way from being concluded, will they discover he went back to his old game, and has defrauded others?

I think it's highly likely.

Jmho

I believe he had gone back to his thieving ways also. So that leaves me to speculate that the Diemel brothers are probably not the only ones he was currently deceiving. If he had other cattle on his farm that belonged to others there is going to be a lot of suspicion going on. IMHO

Would a business license be required? I would think cattle would be regulated due to human consumption.
I realize beef is inspected at slaughter. Does the government oversee what they are feed, drugs given, while they are being raised?

I know dairy farmers in VA the milk is tested at the farm storage unit prior to being loaded into the milk company trucks.

This would be a good resource for the questions you mentioned.

Missouri Laws & Regulations for Animals & Livestock

I believe he had gone back to his thieving ways also. So that leaves me to speculate that the Diemel brothers are probably not the only ones he was currently deceiving. If he had other cattle on his farm that belonged to others there is going to be a lot of suspicion going on. IMHO

It was mentioned earlier in a post that the federal cattle investigation was reopened on July 22nd, against JN. So obviously they have reason to believe something is going on again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member