Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody ever seen the RCMP decked out in these military style outfits before? I don't like it. Not one bit.
MOO

EAvudKqX4AEbiVb.jpg
They are cops, out in the elements, on foot, in all types of terrain, searching for two alleged murderers, who may be armed. No snark intended, but how would you like them to be dressed?

They almost certainly have more evidence than that to give probable cause for an arrest. They just haven't released it to the public.
But thats the thing, if are to look at the publicly available facts, they show that RCMP want them for LD's murder, but want to question them regarding LF & CD.
There isn't an arrest warrant for the 2 in regards to the couple. But they've been judged to have killed all 3 in the court of public opinion.

MOO ...
While I do think there was some planning behind their adventure, I do think the murders were also opportunistic. If they were indeed training to be survivalists for the past two years as AS has stated, then they likely have been saving for this for quite some time and may have more money and resources than some have speculated. Earlier a member mentioned prepaid credit cards and that makes absolute perfect sense.

Gas alone to travel from Vancouver Isl to Northern Manitoba would cost close to $1000 according to my calculations. These two were working the night shift at Walmart for five weeks, an entry level job that quite possibly was not full-time. Both lived with their respective family members.

This does not paint a picture the two would’ve been flush with cash. At age 18 and 19, given both had never left home the odds are greater they had no idea how much it costs to become fugitives. They probably had no idea what gas costs, what vehicle repairs cost, what a cellphone costs, what food costs because up to now somebody else was always paying the bill.

Maybe as the heat was upon them, they tuned into the fact they couldn’t continue killing people and stealing cars to finance their future? IMO absolutely nothing indicates any brilliance in the havoc, devastation and waste of police resources that they’ve caused.

Of course. They Are charged with one death. They Are suspects in two others. That doesn't mean I believe they killed all 3, and whether I would call LE or not also doesn't mean they Did kill all 3. It means I know the law and follow it. What I would do has nothing to do with anything.

You certainly are entitled to your belief that the teens didn't kill the couple. I guess you believe they only killed the one man. It's not an "only" though, it's one human being dead at possibly their hands. I hope one murdered is enough to turn them into law enforcement.

But thats the thing, if are to look at the publicly available facts, they show that RCMP want them for LD's murder, but want to question them regarding LF & CD.
There isn't an arrest warrant for the 2 in regards to the couple. But they've been judged to have killed all 3 in the court of public opinion.
Isn't killing ONE person bad enough?If they are not guilty then let them turn themselves in and they will have a lawyer and get a fair trial.

LOL. But usually they manage to carry all their enforcement gear around in navy blue uniforms that comes in various all-weather configurations. Their dress makes them very identifiable as police who are respected citizens of their communities and that identification is, in itself, meant to have a sobering effect in any confrontation with bad guys.

Are we to understand that the RCMP invested in whole new wardrobes for their members before sending them after these fugitives? I've just never seen Canadian police looking like members of the military before all decked out to conduct an ambush in some foreign war. As a taxpayer, I find it somewhat troubling. MOO.

not new IMO:

cad1f48d823ca65127109b6290e26d03.jpg

eb63687a5f257a10d10d02cb85478f7f.jpg

841b0e6227d4ead901229f08034834c0.jpg

The RCMP doesn't know where they are, let alone if someone has helped them or not. There seems to be a lot of speculation going around and around.

The RCMP could both not know where they are, but also have evidence that someone unknown helped them. At any rate, it's their constant theme. Perhaps they are just shooting at the moon, and perhaps that's their standard assumption. If the Mounties don't get their man, someone must have helped the man.

Dunno.

All I know is that this has gone from cat and mouse, to whack-a-mole and the number of sightings of these 2 guys will go on for at least a week - maybe more. moo.

After thinking about the freezing rain that one night (was it really that cold?), I am thinking they are dead. Guess I should check weather history.

No sketch for victims 1 or 2, who, by some accounts, had a violent death, and at least one source posting an open casket was not possible for one of the victims. Relatively accurate sketch put out to help identify victim #3. Two teens apparently involved, both listed as suspects in the double murder and charged in the third. If they've already killed twice, why does the third appear to almost be accidental as opposed to being as violent or even more violent than the first two? I know we don't know the cause of death yet but a sketch of LD was possible but never put out for CD or LF.

Running at least halfway across the country before dropping completely off the grid sure makes them appear guilty of something more than theft of credit/debit cards or accidentally hitting someone with their truck. They were seen in video and apparently saying their real names almost right up until they were listed as suspects. That's when the actual game began IMO. The first few days were like the pregame video found in most role playing, adventure, strategy games. I don't believe they died around the Gillam area though. There was way too much LE activity using heat sensing equipment, night vision and other equipment to have not seen shredded clothing from an animal attack, to not hear screams or gun shots (if they had a gun) during an animal attack, animal scat with traces of clothing or worse, to not find a single trace of them anywhere-footprint, broken branches, twigs etc, wrappers, lairs, stash of supplies, etc (that we know of). My belief is they did and do still have a master plan and were long gone before LE got to the Gillam area.

Right, I get that, but I still think it's worth seeing if there is any connection. I'm sure the RCMP have looked into this however, it was just posted today on their site. Maybe that means they weren't able to track him down???

A dozen people may have been reported missing in the past 2 weeks, but so far no missing vehicles.

Think of a way this man could have been involved ... did he hitchhike to Gillam and wait for them, so all 3 can disappear together ?

The killings didn't seem to have any ideological motive, and instead seemed to be random opportunistic killings. Compare, for example, to the hate motivated spree killing that neo-Nazi Dylann Roof committed, where he had this whole website with a manifesto and all this stuff, and clearly targeted a specific group of people. Also we know about Bryer's history from his classmates, old friends, and even his dad, and we know that there was evidence of a troubled background and an obsession with violence (not necessarily specific to an ideology) going back several years. He completely fits the typical "troubled loner" mass shooter profile who kills people due to general misanthropy. Unfortunately there isn't as much information about Kam. I could be wrong but so far from what we know, the evidence points to no ideological motive.

If you're going to discount everything that's said in the media as "inaccurate" then we can't discuss anything since everything we know about this case comes from the media.

Or even to the Gilroy killer, where, arguably, none of the victims were "white."

Chances are they weren't getting haircuts, they weren't eating pork chops, they weren't calling a taxi, they weren't doing much of anything other than trying to evade RCMP. If these gentlemen are arrested, every effort will be made to rehabilitate them so they can have some productive role in society - the Canadian way.

did you just describe murderers as gentlemen?!
no, I must be seeing things

Initially the two were only presumed missing. What’s one reason they didn’t come forward at that time?

RCMP seeking missing teens after vehicle fire and body found
“The burning vehicle was found south of the Stikine River Bridge on Highway 37, about 50 km south of Dease Lake. While investigating the vehicle, additional information led police to discover a body two kilometres away at a nearby highway pullout.

The investigation has since led to police identifying 19-year-old Kam McLeod and 18-year-old Bryer Schmegelsky from Port Alberni as the drivers of the vehicle.

They have not been heard from for the last few days....”

A dozen people may have been reported missing in the past 2 weeks, but so far no missing vehicles.

Think of a way this man could have been involved ... did he hitchhike to Gillam and wait for them, so all 3 can disappear together ?

You are assuming he didn't have a vehicle. He is missing, he didn't report his vehicle was missing. I see what you mean , however any missing person in that area needs to be investigated, no?

This issue has already been discussed. BC RCMP is preparing appropriate charges, and wanted the public to know that the delay isn't due to any doubt about their involvement in LF/CD murders.

Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion. But I highly doubt there would be international reports of these two being wanted for the couple's murder if there wasn't evidence linking them to the murder. It would be a huge scandal if discovered for one thing. Just because the police are not releasing the evidence doesn't mean there isn't any.
Of course there must be some evidence! We are just not in the know, as it should be. :)

My husband actually used to work on this kind of technology. It's much harder than you think.

That's exactly why I think it's what happened. Most of these spree killers are looking for infamy. You know troubled, loner teenagers from a down-and-out town especially would have reason to try to reach "legend" status, and considering they were "raised by the internet," on the internet (especially the 4chan kind of communities they were probably part of) a lot of times fame and infamy are the same thing. If they had committed the murders, torched the victims' van and escaped, they would have easily gotten away with it but nobody would know who they were. They clearly wanted people to know they were the killers. If they had killed themselves in an area where they would be found, or been killed by police, nobody would care about this news story after a few days. Life as a fugitive sucks and they could be captured at any time, thus shattering the illusion of them as mastermind criminals. By killing themselves where they could never be found, it gives a ton of attention to them, and always leaves the question open of "what if they really did escape?" Plus they obviously didn't value their own lives (or other peoples' for that matter) very much anyway since they threw them away that easily.

spot on
although I am hoping they're not dead yet
I want to see them face justice and try to survive in prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics