Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?
Because as far as the media reports the last time someone saw him and his father together was at his graduation....
Interesting that people are willing to believe Some things they see in the media when it fits their narrative, but they aren't willing to believe others when it doesn't.

Do you have a link about BS graduating? I honestly can't remember seeing that.

I'm just going to say that if Canada never charges anyone in the deaths of Lucas and Chynna, that will be an international disgrace. Horrifying for the families. Unbelievable. If they think there's not enough evidence to charge K-B, that needs to be said at some point. If someone else could have done it, then they need to look some more.

But not charging anyone in the deaths of international travelers, that's tone-deaf and really a bad look. If there's not enough evidence to convict K-B then that's different. But we all need to see that the Canadian justice system works. If they can't be convicted in the two other homicides, so be it. But there must be a trial.

To simply wave hands and say "oh those guys did it" and not go after those guys...bad news. If the guys are never found, not the best case scenario, but understandable. Will be sobering. The fact that RCMP has pretty much said they did it (and launched an all out manhunt) means that they have to dispose of this case somehow (in world opinion).

Of course, Canada can just take its own stance. And people will still drive the Alaskan Highway, but...there not with the idea that it's a happy place.

difference?
well mossy oak looks like leaves. the digital camo is just painful to the eyes, not painful as In not attractive, it hurts if you look at it to much. it is designed for a different purpose. you can do a search and read about it. what I have been told by a military friend is the digital is hard for a shooter to properly aim at.

I needed to see a condensed timeline—so I put this together. Any mistakes are entirely my own, please feel free to bring them to my attention. Reading through it, I must admit, grudgingly, that BS/KM used a very successful strategy of moving VERY quickly, staying ahead of discoveries and announcements. By sticking to the remote areas, they took advantage of people with more trusting mindsets than those in urban settings—people who are used to helping strangers, people who may leave their doors unlocked and keys in the car. Didn’t hurt that they came across as polite, courteous, neat. Wolves in sheep’s’ clothing.

July 12--BS/KM leave Port Alberni headed to Alberta or the Yukon (as per BS father or grandmother)

July 13/14--Last known contact of BS w/Carol Starkey, grandmother.

July 14 11:30PM--C. Deese and L. Fowler seen alive, at van, Alaska Highway/Hwy 97, Liard Hot Springs

July 15 6:45AM--Deese’s and Fowler’s bodies spotted behind van by trucker

July 17—RCMP says Deese, Fowler deaths are suspicious

July 18—RCMP announces Deese, Fowler as homicide victims

July 18—BS/KM spotted 350km away in Jade City store where they stopped for free coffee

July 18 3:15PM--BS/KM spotted traveling south from Super A General Store, Dease Lake

July 19—BS/KM’s burning pickup, Hwy 37, 50km south of Dease Lake, 470km from Deese/Fowler

July 19—Man’s body reported at highway pullout 2km from burning pickup truck

July 19—BS/KM announced as missing by RCMP

July 21--BS/KM in grey 2011 Toyota RAV4, get SUV stuck in Cold Lake, AB. A local assists them.

July 21—BS/KM recorded on security camera in store at Meadow Lake, AB

July 22—BS/KM are passed through the alcohol checkpoint by band constables at Split Lake, MB

July 23—RCMP announce BS/KN as suspects in the 3 deaths, and possibly driving 2011 Toyota RAV4

July 23—Burning RAV4 reported northeast of Gillam, MB, 170km east of Split Lake, MB. Manhunt.

July 24—RCMP ID body as that of Len Dyck

July 24—RCMP confirm BS/KM connected with burnt RAV4. Manhunt, house-to-house, continues.

July 28—Alleged sighting, massive manhunt in York Landing, southwest of Gillam, but no luck

References used—those below, plus many others courtesy of the Websleuths community:

RCMP not ruling out link between missing Alberni teens, body found near truck, double slaying

(The above reference has some interesting points I have not seen elsewhere, including that BS’s father said he was closer to 125lbs, not 170lbs as reported by RCMP.)

Timeline of events in the deaths of three people in northern B.C.

Teens missing after burning truck and body found in Northern BC | News

Thank you for that—could you please re-post it at the beginning of the next threads as well?

OT- but regarding the July 22nd stop by the band constables and this quote:

The band constable said he saw the two suspects leave the First Nation while he was stationed at the checkstop.

"Not even an hour later they left here towards Gillam."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/first-nation-constable-stopped-homicide-suspects-1.5230779

What were KM and BS doing at the reserve for one hour?

I'm just going to say that if Canada never charges anyone in the deaths of Lucas and Chynna, that will be an international disgrace. Horrifying for the families. Unbelievable. If they think there's not enough evidence to charge K-B, that needs to be said at some point. If someone else could have done it, then they need to look some more.

But not charging anyone in the deaths of international travelers, that's tone-deaf and really a bad look. If there's not enough evidence to convict K-B then that's different. But we all need to see that the Canadian justice system works. If they can't be convicted in the two other homicides, so be it. But there must be a trial.

To simply wave hands and say "oh those guys did it" and not go after those guys...bad news. If the guys are never found, not the best case scenario, but understandable. Will be sobering. The fact that RCMP has pretty much said they did it (and launched an all out manhunt) means that they have to dispose of this case somehow (in world opinion).

Of course, Canada can just take its own stance. And people will still drive the Alaskan Highway, but...there not with the idea that it's a happy place.

I mean, as much as it would suck, if there's not enough evidence then that's all there is to it. There's not much the RCMP can do if they can't find enough to charge someone.

I really hope they do build a solid case, because the families deserve answers and the victims deserve justice.

But thats the thing, if are to look at the publicly available facts, they show that RCMP want them for LD's murder, but want to question them regarding LF & CD.
There isn't an arrest warrant for the 2 in regards to the couple. But they've been judged to have killed all 3 in the court of public opinion.

True. In part. Which is why LE pretty much never label anyone a suspect who hasn't been arrested unless they have solid evidence and a definitive brief that the person did indeed commit a crime.

The part I disagree with is that they merely want to "question" them about the other two deaths. That's false. They have clearly stated they suspect they murdered Chynna and Lucas. They don't just want to see f they may have any information. It's a lot more serious than that.

In my experience this is not a term used nowadays unless they have a boatload of evidence against a perp.

So what do you think happened then? Is it just a coincidence that their truck was found near the body? Did some kind soul give their vehicle to them so they could continue on their journey? How come they didn't call their families about their truck? What happened to the Rav they were driving? How did it end up torched? If they are just driving around enjoying themselves how come they haven't called anyone to proclaim their innocence?

I don’t know what happened and will wait for more facts to come out before forming an opinion. The RCMP gets things wrong all the time and I don’t have much confidence in them. Maybe they robbed the van and folk were already dead, and they were driving by the dead body of Dyck and grabbed his truck. If you believe they made it from northern MB to ON in 2 days without a car then why can’t you believe my more realistic scenario?

I know an 18 year old who walked into a really nice restaurant wearing a suit and tie to ask for a job. He got an interview on the spot, and a job at the end of the interview. It makes a difference, makes a big impression. Maybe Bryer really thought that were going to Whitehorse or Alberta to look for work, but Kam had another idea.
Perhaps!

I don’t know what happened and will wait for more facts to come out before forming an opinion. The RCMP gets things wrong all the time and I don’t have much confidence in them. Maybe they robbed the van and folk were already dead, and they were driving by the dead body of Dyck and grabbed his truck. If you believe they made it from northern MB to ON in 2 days without a car then why can’t you believe my more realistic scenario?
So two young men find not one but three dead bodies and don't report it?

I don't believe they made it to Ontario, since there have been no confirmed sightings of them there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member