Found Deceased MO - Nicholas Diemel, 35, & Justin, 24, brothers missing, Clinton County, 21 July 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 1, 2019 Updated 1 hr ago
“Who is Garland Joseph Nelson, the suspect in the disappearance of two Wisconsin men?

[SBM]

In January 2015, Caldwell County Judge Jason Kanoy issued an ex-parte order of protection against Nelson, barring him from having contact with a woman he was residing with at the time. Kanoy is the same judge who sat on the bench for Nelson's first two court hearings in the missing brothers' case.

News-Press NOW is not naming the woman listed in the order. According to the document, Nelson was not to come within 360 feet of the alleged victim. On March 4, 2015, a final order was issued that meant Nelson could no longer reside at an address in Hamilton, Missouri.

[SBM]

In June of 2015, Nelson was charged with six counts of passing bad checks on an account with Pony Express Bank. One person who the complaint said received a bounced check is the same person that filed the protection order against Nelson. Other alleged victims were a veterinary clinic and a restaurant.

Nelson was ultimately convicted on two of the six counts.

[SBM]

At his Thursday court hearing, Nelson said he is being represented by Cameron based attorney Drew Davis. A receptionist at Davis' law firm said he was handling other cases until next week and was unable to comment.” (BBM)
Garland Joseph Nelson's past court documents reveal multiple convictions, order of protection

The Latest: Mom of son charged in Diemel brothers case talks
The Latest: Mom of son charged in Diemel brothers case talks
The mother of a Missouri farmer charged with tampering with a truck used by two missing Wisconsin brothers says she can't see him being involved in their deaths.

Tomme Feil told The Kansas City Star that she has no idea why her son, Garland Nelson, would have moved the brother's vehicle.

Nelson was charged with tampering with a rental truck used by 35-year-old Nicholas Diemel and his 24-year-old brother, Justin, who were reported missing July 21 and are presumed dead.

Nelson is accused of driving the truck from a farm near Braymer visited by the brothers during a business trip for their cattle operation in Wisconsin. The truck was found abandoned.

WLUK-TV FOX 11
Porter's Patch in Bonduel is a place to heal and donate to the family of two missing Shawano County brothers, Justin and Nick Diemel.

'It's going to be tough': Community coming together to support the Diemel families
BONDUEL (WLUK) -- The farming community is rallying around a pair of Shawano County brothers who are missing and presumed dead in Missouri.

"Diemel strong" among handwritten messages to Justin and Nick's family.

"Not everyone likes to talk about it, but people can express their feelings, or thoughts, or love by writing it out," said Troy Porter, owner of Porter's Patch.

Porter's Patch was a place to heal and donate to the Diemels on Thursday. All of the farm's proceeds also went to benefit the family.

The business sold out of everything which totaled $2,600.74.

DTR Concrete matched the sales, donating another $2,600.74 making the number $5,201.48.

$1,966.51 was donated making a grand total raised of $7,167.99 at the Diemel Brother's Benefit.

Thanks for the link SunGazer!
Nelson's mothers quote:
"She said she wouldn’t know if he got mixed up in something he shouldn’t have. She is waiting and hoping, she said, for “it all to go away.”

Go away? Like all his other indiscretions in the past?!
No mention of feeling pain for Diemel families only wishes it would all go away.

I'm just shaking my head.....

I agree... no mention of remorse for the victims or their families, trying to word the cattle as "their" families cattle.. which to me sounds like she is trying to deny they had Diemel cattle on the property and challenging them to prove it...it all sounds fishy. Especially when you consider that as a farmer, she heads to Branson at the peak of farming season and it just happens to be the weekend the Diemels were enroute? I feel like there are many twists in this story yet to be unraveled. The Diemels spent over an hour and a half on the property, which would be more than enough time to determine if something wasnt right. I would be interested to hear if Chupp called Nick, or if Nick called Chupp at 11:00 am. My thoughts are they were being held at that point already and the call which sounded like "everything at the property was fine and they were on the way out" was scripted and he was forced to say that in order to try and move suspicion away from Nelson, knowing that people would know they were there. Records show Nelson left shortly after with the truck, so they were probably killed immediately after that phone call. I cant see everything being fine and leaving, to a double homicide in minutes.

Last edited:
A dairy farm would have a Grade A permit and inspections, but a beef farm wouldn't. There are regulations on feed ingredients (through feed mill inspections) and drugs (through labeling or prescription only), but the inspection would come at the time of slaughter.
J4s Farm Enterprises Inc was formed in June of last year with TSF as registered agent and presumably the one principal on record. It would seem that JN wouldn't have credit or money at this time. From the bankruptcy records it looks like JN kept the farm equipment he had financed, so he probably contributed its use in some part or way to the farm corporation. It is hard to tell or guess what the family business arrangement actually was. Was TSF calling the shots now, was the corporation just a name JN could hide under, or was he continuing his own questionable business dealings off to the side in the shadow of the family farm?

I agree... no mention of remorse for the victims or their families, trying to word the cattle as "their" families cattle.. which to me sounds like she is trying to deny they had Diemel cattle on the property and challenging them to prove it...it all sounds fishy. Especially when you consider that as a farmer, she heads to Branson at the peak of farming season and it just happens to be the weekend the Diemels were enroute? I feel like there are many twists in this story yet to be unraveled. The Diemels spent over an hour and a half on the property, which would be more than enough time to determine if something wasnt right. I would be interested to hear if Chupp called Nick, or if Nick called Chupp at 11:00 am. My thoughts are they were being held at that point already and the call which sounded like "everything at the property was fine and they were on the way out" was scripted and he was forced to say that in order to try and move suspicion away from Nelson, knowing that people would know they were there. Records show Nelson left shortly after with the truck, so they were probably killed immediately after that phone call. I cant see everything being fine and leaving, to a double homicide in minutes.
IMO JN's mother's presence probably wasn't required for the Diemels' visit and farmers can take days off too, if someone else is taking care of things in the meantime. If the Diemels came to inspect the calves that Sunday, I can't see how they could spot deception if the calves were there (theirs or not). Maybe something became obvious if JN had to show them documentation. It's my theory that the visit was more than just cattle inspection.
I find it less likely that the Diemels talked to their employee at 11pm while under duress. It would have been too risky.
That said, the mother's attitude that her son can do wrong was/is part of the problem.

It is not peak season for farmers.
This is actually a time when farmers go on vacation. Crops are planted, most of hay is done and a short time before harvest.

A dairy farm would have a Grade A permit and inspections, but a beef farm wouldn't. There are regulations on feed ingredients (through feed mill inspections) and drugs (through labeling or prescription only), but the inspection would come at the time of slaughter.
J4s Farm Enterprises Inc was formed in June of last year with TSF as registered agent and presumably the one principal on record. It would seem that JN wouldn't have credit or money at this time. From the bankruptcy records it looks like JN kept the farm equipment he had financed, so he probably contributed its use in some part or way to the farm corporation. It is hard to tell or guess what the family business arrangement actually was. Was TSF calling the shots now, was the corporation just a name JN could hide under, or was he continuing his own questionable business dealings off to the side in the shadow of the family farm?

Thanks, this is great information on how the farm is registered.

JMO, I think the mom is trying to clear herself of all responsibly and liability.

IMO JN's mother's presence probably wasn't required for the Diemels' visit and farmers can take days off too, if someone else is taking care of things in the meantime. If the Diemels came to inspect the calves that Sunday, I can't see how they could spot deception if the calves were there (theirs or not). Maybe something became obvious if JN had to show them documentation. It's my theory that the visit was more than just cattle inspection.
I find it less likely that the Diemels talked to their employee at 11pm while under duress. It would have been too risky.
That said, the mother's attitude that her son can do wrong was/is part of the problem.

The Diemel brothers cattle was most likely ear tagged identifying them, and since JN was convicted on removing ear tags previously, I would not be surprised if JN pulled the same trick. Ear tags are commonly used for ID, but can be removed and/ or altered.

Here's my question and my subsequent speculations.

JN must have been bloody if he shot the brothers then immediately drove the truck. Who ever picked him up had to have seen the blood, unless he stopped somewhere on the way and changed clothes.

Maybe that was what caused the delay. He stopped to change clothes. Maybe got that person to follow or called someone else now that he was in clean clothes.

All speculation on my part.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article233397372.html

In this article I found this portion very telling. This is just a portion of the article but I found the statement made by someone who knows him very interesting. BBM.

It’s a town where people treat each other like family, said 16-year-old Tyler Fitzwater. That treatment extended to the town’s efforts to try to find the Diemel brothers.

On July 26, when the search was reclassified as a death investigation, more than 200 people — about a quarter of the town — attended a vigil.

Rumors have circulated over what happened. People have their theories. But more than anything, community members said, they were shocked and saddened.

Talk of the death investigation was scary for farmers in the area, Fitzwater said, partly because no one knew if the bodies would be found on their land.

And they wondered what to think of Nelson’s arrest.

Fitzwater’s older brother graduated high school with Nelson.

“I’ve always thought a lot of him,” Fitzwater said.

Vicky Niebarger, who has lived in Braymer for 33 years, said she worked with Nelson at church.

She said he was a nice guy but “needed help” that he never got.

“I feel sorry for both sides,” she said.

Here's my question and my subsequent speculations.

JN must have been bloody if he shot the brothers then immediately drove the truck. Who ever picked him up had to have seen the blood, unless he stopped somewhere on the way and changed clothes.

Maybe that was what caused the delay. He stopped to change clothes. Maybe got that person to follow or called someone else now that he was in clean clothes.

All speculation on my part.
However, someone can be shot and there be no blood. Much more common are cases where a person bleeds out internally, but the wound remains pretty much blood free...
It's indeed possible to die from the direct effects of a gunshot wound without noticeable blood being found on the outside of the body.

"Scary for Farmers in the Area"
https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article233397372.html ....
Talk of the death investigation was scary for farmers in the area, Fitzwater said, partly because no one knew if the bodies would be found on their land....
^Pub Aug 1^ ^Snipped for focus^.

Scary? Yes, it would take some, er, well, um, nerve, for a person to place remains of bodies on someone else's land. But no more nerve than it would take to kill two ppl in the first place. How would he do this? Why would local ppl think Nelson might bury bodies on their property?

In ^ article, Nelson's mother Feil said since he was released from prison, he's been working on her "farm as well as others in the community."

So maybe Nelson had opportunities to place the Diemels' remains there.
When working on other farms, did Nelson take his farm machinery to use on their land? IIRC, Nelson's bankruptcy filings listed some big farm equipment. Still have them?

Is it possible LE will find some of the Diemel remains on other farms, in addition to remains they've already located on Diemel's mothers farm? Could Nelson have planted the evd to try to frame someone else? Pretty lame attempt, imo.

Just letting my imagination run wild.

------------------------------------------------------------

* Quote is from 16 y/o Braymer area resident Tyler Fitzwater whose brother graduated from high school in same year as Nelson. He also said of Nelson, "I've always thought a lot of him."

https://www.kansascity.com/news/local/crime/article233397372.html

In this article I found this portion very telling. This is just a portion of the article but I found the statement made by someone who knows him very interesting. BBM.

It’s a town where people treat each other like family, said 16-year-old Tyler Fitzwater. That treatment extended to the town’s efforts to try to find the Diemel brothers.

On July 26, when the search was reclassified as a death investigation, more than 200 people — about a quarter of the town — attended a vigil.

Rumors have circulated over what happened. People have their theories. But more than anything, community members said, they were shocked and saddened.

Talk of the death investigation was scary for farmers in the area, Fitzwater said, partly because no one knew if the bodies would be found on their land.

And they wondered what to think of Nelson’s arrest.

Fitzwater’s older brother graduated high school with Nelson.

“I’ve always thought a lot of him,” Fitzwater said.

Vicky Niebarger, who has lived in Braymer for 33 years, said she worked with Nelson at church.

She said he was a nice guy but “needed help” that he never got.

“I feel sorry for both sides,” she said.
Is the link correct? I’m not finding the statements or information in there.

"Scary for Farmers in the Area"
^Pub Aug 1^ ^Snipped for focus^.

Scary? Yes, it would take some, er, well, um, nerve, for a person to place remains of bodies on someone else's land. But no more nerve than it would take to kill two ppl in the first place. How would he do this? Why would local ppl think Nelson might bury bodies on their property?

In ^ article, Nelson's mother Feil said since he was released from prison, he's been working on her "farm as well as others in the community."

So maybe Nelson had opportunities to place the Diemels' remains there.
When working on other farms, did Nelson take his farm machinery to use on their land? IIRC, Nelson's bankruptcy filings listed some big farm equipment. Still have them?

Is it possible LE will find some of the Diemel remains on other farms, in addition to remains they've already located on Diemel's mothers farm? Could Nelson have planted the evd to try to frame someone else? Pretty lame attempt, imo.

Just letting my imagination run wild.

------------------------------------------------------------

* Quote is from 16 y/o Braymer area resident Tyler Fitzwater whose brother graduated from high school in same year as Nelson. He also said of Nelson, "I've always thought a lot of him."

People who commit murder sometimes dump the bodies in a ditch, field or an abandoned house/farm. I’m guessing that’s what some of the community members were thinking might have happened.

jmo

It is there.

Image+2019-08-02+at+1.22.25+PM.png
Thank you, I must have read a different article when I clicked it before. ‍♀️ I see it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member