Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #109

Status
Not open for further replies.
With apologies, another long post from me. Feel free to scroll and roll! :eek::p

Do you think that there could be dissension between the groups due to the 'different investigative strategy?' or because the DA doesn't think that they can prosecute the case based on a second sketch being released?

Other reasons?

Just me speculating.....

I agree with both you you that something seems wrong in this case....and has from the get-go. I am not saying we are entitled to those answers here and now, but just putting some of my thoughts out there as what seems 'off.'

Some of my observations of things that seem wrong, or strange in this case are:

-the use of the word 'twist' very early on (could be an 'offhand' remark that had way more power than intended . I think it was @mtnlites who suggested this several pages back.)

-Leazenby 'recognizes that voice' and says this in an interview (it means that he has spoken to this person directly at length, or heard their voice at length in order to recognize it but not enough to know who it is)

-LE never mentions that they have cleared any of the witnesses (in some cases that I have followed in the past, you tend to hear that people who are witnesses to seeing a crime or a perpetrator at the scene have been 'cleared' or are not a suspect)

-no sketch displayed at all in February 2019 (This seems to pinpoint that they made their 'turning point' in this case at least prior that time)

-the audio not including the word 'guys' from the get-go (What harm could it have done to release that one word?)

-not releasing the video right from the get-go (again, it could have only helped with their request for tips, especially by asking the public to look at the 'mannerisms' and NOT the killers gait)

-LE being so confident that people are scared to come forward in this case to provide a tip (Why are they so convinced of that?) Also stating that they know it is about power to the killer (Has he taunted them or contacted them?)

-the confounding difference between the first and second sketch that are supposedly two different people but the true killer could end up looking 'somewhere in between the two sketches' (You have all said it in many different ways in this thread and every thread since April 22nd, and I think we are on similar pages on this that it is very confusing.)

-no mention of the reward in the last two press conferences (seems strange to me not to mention it when it could be a huge 'that one tip' motivating factor for a person to call!)

-putting that they have a witness and that the killer made mistakes only in the flyer handed out at the April 22nd presser and not actually having Carter say that during the presser (out of everything that was disclosed that day, those are two really important things that LE could have included in Carters speech. I wonder if the witness isn't simply a witness to seeing the killer in passing that day, but a witness to something else?)

My mind hasn't changed that LE is going to make an arrest in this case...but I was way off base when I thought it was going to happen two months ago.

When that day comes that we know who did this, I hope that we can all come back to this thread to be thankful together that he has finally been stopped.

I hope today is the day.

JMO

Thank you Bradfordsleuth and everybody else who has chimed in on this line of discussion! It is so refreshing to know I’m not the only one who has had these things clanking around in my head. Everyone has made really good points.
As far as some made here, the “twist” comment made early on has always been intriguing but is seldom mentioned now. Is it because it’s no longer considered a twist?
Leazenby recognizes the voice. What the heck. Why would you even say that? If he truly believes that then he needs to be going over all his notes and records on everybody he has talked to or interviewed in an official capacity in the last two years and call them all back in. Yes that would be time consuming and tedious. So what! You’re looking for a killer! Do it!
All the rest of you items are right on target. I wish LE would release more evidence. I’ve started wondering if the reason they don’t is because there is no evidence to release.

I completely agree. Heck I live in a town of 800 and don’t know the people 4 houses down in any direction

I agree that it is a lot of people, but if you have perhaps 5 people(detectives) who had the job of interviewing say 4 people per day would only take 150 days to interview everyone in the town of 3000. A lot more time than that has passed in this case.

I do hope they have a net that is closing around a small pool of suspects.

bridge guy.....looking at that footage again after not looking for a while ....he seems on a mission. determined.

not out for a stroll or even pretending to be

i'm not sure if i even know all ins and outs of this case anymore, but i really feel they were targeted. chosen. not random at all. theres been no more killings linked to this case, before or after, he doesn't appear to have struck again, whys that?

If it was a demented psychopath he more than likely had to be in a murderous rage or frenzy, how could he have gotten away leaving no evidence behind? It just seems odd to me.
We don’t know that he didn’t. For all we know they have plenty of evidence, but it hasn’t matched (thus far) with anyone who has a record, or who has prints on file.

Amateur opinion and speculation

His first arrest was August 16, 1975 -- after he had murdered 17 women (that we know of) and attempted to kidnap DaRonch.

He was subsequently arrested several times over the next three years on other charges, including murder, burglary, felony theft, and escape. But the majority of his murders were committed long before he was ever even a suspect, much less apprehended.

Which, unfortunately, is not uncommon.

Timeline of many of Ted Bundy's brutal crimes

I may be wrong, but IIRC old teddy was arrest a handful of times in his teens for Assualt and Theft. Those were later taken off his permanent record.

Also after that first arrest he was release as they didn't have enough evidence to detain him if you can believe that!!

Just one of my thoughts. MOO there is the possibility that OBG had been hanging around the bridge prior to this happening. Some of the younger guys spotted him. One of them took the opportunity to dress like OBG and commit the murder knowing OBG would be the prime suspect. Through time LE realize who OBG is and he has an alibi but he looks identical to the first sketch.

So then they reverse course and bring out the second sketch. So who is the YBG? Does any of this make sense? Is he a young local who also hangs around the bridge and someone else saw him who was a witness that they kind of brushed off at first.

I don't think BG is heavy. Look at the sleeves and how they bunch up, and how the coat hangs he is wearing a much larger coat than his body size. I would say he is a M with an XL coat. Also, look at how the jeans bunch up on the bottom. He is not a big person. He clearly is wearing layers and had some items visible under his coat. They say height 5'6 - 5'10, I do not think he was heavy at all.

There is so much conjecture here. To me, a waste of time. Let's go back to the facts. There has been little to no activity from LE since April. I feel they have a suspect, who is probably incarcerated at this time. They cannot get to him because he has a lawyer and is charged with crimes in another state. We are all going to have to wait. Look back at crimes against women within a few hundred miles. Crimes of power, coercion. Look at the pics of BG., stocky, not tall, determined. He went in there to kill. I think he's in jail - for another crime. I don't think he cared if the targets were 13, 30 or 60. He had the urge. He waited like a hunter. My humble opinion.
What state is he in? Do you have a MSN link to the case?

I’ve pretty much concluded that LE (because they are humans after all) messed up in their communications to the public. I don’t necessarily fault them. People aren’t perfect. IMO, there can be a tendency in such cases to elevate LE to almost divine status with every word being revered.

But I do think in this case, LE has bungled information. In their attempts to keep some things under wraps, they’ve tripped up on trying to explain things and have ended up having to go back and contradict themselves.

Several examples. One being sketches are primary and secondary, now not the same, now maybe a combination. Another being what day the vehicle was seen at the CPS building, and implying that the girls crossed the creek in an interview but then saying the online reenactments are all wrong, and different answers when asked if PE is a suspect (yes, no he was already looked at, well yes he is but only in the sense everyone is a suspect, etc). To name a few.

Unfortunately LE’s attempt at holding some big chunks of info close to the chest has really painted them into a corner. So when seemingly simple information is put forth or asked about, they get tripped up. Enough info is being withheld that they can’t answer questions without inadvertently saying something that may need to be tweaked later. In an attempt to remain vague they state the contrary and then it’s just completely muddled.

In the end, I think a lot of what LE has said needs to be taken with a grain of salt, and I say that with no disrespect to them. They’ve changed direction but have also not been clear on several key elements of the case. Something is off. IMO. I know others have voiced the same feeling.

I’m very open to the idea that, still, not all they’ve put forth is necessarily accurate. To a certain extent, at this point I feel all bets are off so to speak. They know things we don’t, and it’s affecting the “information accuracy”.

MOO.

Okay, since I'm already riding the crazy train today, here's an idea based on the bits in these articles:
BBM
ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'
The importance of the car also ties into why police now believe the killer is local. Riley said after reviewing many tips, investigators determined he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed, and seemed to know the area.

The car would have been seen between noon and five on Feb. 13, 2017 at the old DCS parking lot, according to police.

Indiana State Police releases clarification points on Delphi murder suspect
A car was parked in the abandoned CPS building parking lot between the hours of noon and 5:00 p.m. on February 13, 2017
  • We are looking for anyone who could give a description of vehicles that were in the parking lot during the time

Scenario:

BG parks in the old CPS lot, walks the trails, and kills the girls. It's now after 3pm. He gets back to his car and it doesn't work, or he's lost his keys in the woods (hopefully at the CS), whatever. He therefore has to call somebody to help him (either with the car, or for a ride). It takes less than a couple hours to get things straight and for him to get the car out of the lot. Maybe it's the person he called to help him that LE thinks knows something, and they're pleading with. Maybe the YBG witness sees something, like somebody dropping off somebody else in the parking lot, closer to that 5pm time, and BG had changed clothes already?

Hey, I've seen plenty of crazy scenarios on WS...I'm entitled. ;)
I think this could explain why there are two sketches of two different people.
Okay, since I'm already riding the crazy train today, here's an idea based on the bits in these articles:
BBM
ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'
The importance of the car also ties into why police now believe the killer is local. Riley said after reviewing many tips, investigators determined he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed, and seemed to know the area.

The car would have been seen between noon and five on Feb. 13, 2017 at the old DCS parking lot, according to police.

Indiana State Police releases clarification points on Delphi murder suspect
A car was parked in the abandoned CPS building parking lot between the hours of noon and 5:00 p.m. on February 13, 2017
  • We are looking for anyone who could give a description of vehicles that were in the parking lot during the time

Scenario:

BG parks in the old CPS lot, walks the trails, and kills the girls. It's now after 3pm. He gets back to his car and it doesn't work, or he's lost his keys in the woods (hopefully at the CS), whatever. He therefore has to call somebody to help him (either with the car, or for a ride). It takes less than a couple hours to get things straight and for him to get the car out of the lot. Maybe it's the person he called to help him that LE thinks knows something, and they're pleading with. Maybe the YBG witness sees something, like somebody dropping off somebody else in the parking lot, closer to that 5pm time, and BG had changed clothes already?

Hey, I've seen plenty of crazy scenarios on WS...I'm entitled. ;)
duplicate

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members