LA LA - Orleans Parish, WhtFem 34-44, UP2213, prev brkn nose, poss Lt forearm amputee, dentures, Dec'82

Just guessing...Metastatic breast cancer including bone cancer in the left arm?
If that is the case, she likely had healed fractures in the arm and also was terminally ill (stage 4 cancer).

Was Bettina Antone ever looked at as a possible? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17784/21

Gardener...If my guess is correct about metastatic cancer this may be a good match...Sandra Matott

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19980/14?current_page=physical_characteristics

Scar on chest that runs from the left continuing in a line around to the back. (previous lung surgery)
Wore upper & lower dentures but did not have them with her at the time of her disappearance.

Sandra Matott, 37
Last seen: July 10, 1979 Salt Lake City, UT under unknown circumstances
5' to 5"5"
100-120 lbs.
Black hair/Hazel eyes

What do you think?

Both great finds and that was why I asked about the arm detail-- to see if any possible matches could be made with that detail. Thanks for the info!
Bettina's circumstances lead me to suspect foul play, although I have not read any more about her case than what is in NaMus. Would like to know if they know the names of her two male friends and if they were cleared.
Sandra seems like a good possible match. There is nothing on her circumstances but she was last seen in 1979 and could have made her way from Salt Lake City to New Orleans.

Gardener...If my guess is correct about metastatic cancer this may be a good match...Sandra Matott

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19980/14?current_page=physical_characteristics

Scar on chest that runs from the left continuing in a line around to the back. (previous lung surgery)
Wore upper & lower dentures but did not have them with her at the time of her disappearance.

Sandra Matott, 37
Last seen: July 10, 1979 Salt Lake City, UT under unknown circumstances
5' to 5"5"
100-120 lbs.
Black hair/Hazel eyes

What do you think?

Just guessing...Metastatic breast cancer including bone cancer in the left arm?
If that is the case, she likely had healed fractures in the arm and also was terminally ill (stage 4 cancer).

Was Bettina Antone ever looked at as a possible? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/17784/21

Missing Threads for Bettina and Sandra:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?368557-CA-Bettina-Antone-44-Redding-29-Mar-1980
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-Sandra-Matott-37-Salt-Lake-City-10-July-1979

Thanks for doing that Gardener1850! Been thinking about how much horrible pain this UID lady was probably in with bone cancer. :(

I agree with you about Bettina Antone, with untreated schizophrenia, she probably ended up in a dangerous situation with those two men.

As far as Sandra Matott...I can't find any other pictures except for the old Xerox copy looking booking photo, and where she appears perhaps intoxicated. I believe I may have found her now elderly sister on FB... but can't confirm it since I don't have Ancestry.com. Wish we could find a better picture of her.

Thanks for doing that Gardener1850! Been thinking about how much horrible pain this UID lady was probably in with bone cancer. :(

I agree with you about Bettina Antone, with untreated schizophrenia, she probably ended up in a dangerous situation with those two men.

As far as Sandra Matott...I can't find any other pictures except for the old Xerox copy looking booking photo, and where she appears perhaps intoxicated. I believe I may have found her now elderly sister on FB... but can't confirm it since I don't have Ancestry.com. Wish we could find a better picture of her.

Check her thread. Someone posted a picture of her from when she was really young. Teenager, maybe?
attachment.php
cache.php

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...-Sandra-Matott-37-Salt-Lake-City-10-July-1979

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...L-Kathleen-Beitzel-33-Streamwood-14-July-1979
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/40487/25?current_page=physical_characteristics

Kathleen Beitzel
33 year old white female
Height: 64- 66 Inches
Weight: 115-120 lbs
Brown Hair
Blue Eyes
Distinctive marks:
Scar left knee
Silicone Breast implants
Clothing: Black Blouse white satin slacks
Circumstances: Hasnt been seen or heard from since July 14th, 1979.

Bartlett/Streamwood IL area from the time frame was primarily rural. So having breast implants during that time frame may have been because of breast reconstruction after surgery.
Can't find any pictures, but it's something to think about any way...

cache.php
cache.php
cache.php

SALLIE MARGARET REED

Reed went missing from Thibodaux, LA, in Lafourche Parish, but her car was impounded in Opelousas, LA, in St. Landry Parish. There's no other information available about Sallie or the circumstances under which she went missing. The little that's known doesn't support Sallie as a match, but it doesn't completely rule her out, either. The physical resemblance is pretty close, though. The deep, wideset eyes, high cheek bones and angular jaw, and even the lips and nose look very similar to me.

If you look closely at the photo on the left, you can see a heavy shadow closing in of Reed's face, causing her chin to ppear very pointed. So I added the grainy photo on the right to give a better idea of the actual shape of the chin.

Reed: Missing since February 1976
Jane Doe: Remains found December 1982

Reed: Ht. 5'7
Doe: Est 5'4

Reed: Disappeared at 22, would've been 28 in Dec 1982
Doe: Est 34-44

Reed: no dental information nor DNA at this time.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/4188/176/
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2704dfla.html
LA LA - Sallie Margaret Reed, 22, Thibodaux, 19 Feb 1976 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Still no dental charts. But it says "Initial inquiry underway" on DNA.

Initial inquiry underway

Jane Doe has been matched being the 1982 NOLA victim of Samuel Little.
The FBI and New Orleans Police need your help identifying this woman, a victim of serial killer Samuel Little from 1982.

(...)

What does Samuel Little remember about the woman? "He met her in the bar, took a liking to her at the bar. He ran out and bought her a gold necklace, came back and gave it to her," Palazzolo says. "She ends up leaving with him. Together they drove down Interstate-10, they exited near Littlewoods and parked in a park like area with a river nearby. He ended up killing her and leaving her body there."

(...)

In December, the body of the woman he met at the bar and wooed with a gold necklace would be found. "There was some decomposition," Palazzolo describes. "They were weren't able to tell [who she was], she was skeletal when they found her."

But one shocking clue linking Samuel Little to her killing remained: She was recovered wearing the gold necklace Little had bought and given to her.

Samuel Little: FBI needs your help identifying her

Samuel Little's WS threads:
CA - CA/OH/LA/MS/TX - SAMUEL LITTLE aka Samuel McDowell, 1970's thru 2012

FBI Releases More Samuel Little Drawings of Victims

Last edited:
Times Picayune - 12/4/1982

There is more clothing listed in the article

Brassiere, Panties, Decomposed Blue Jeans. Socks and a belt with a buckle that bears either the initial "C" or a design

Thin gold necklace adorned with small gold balls every two inches or so.

Entire upper plate of the skeleton's mouth was a dental replacement

View attachment 113900

Attachments

• TP - 120482.JPG
    TP - 120482.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Jane Doe has been added to DoeNetwork now:

1509UFLA

1509UFLA.jpg
1509UFLA1.jpg

Reconstruction of the victim by LSU FACES; composite sketch by confessed killer.

Date of Discovery: December 3, 1982
Location of Discovery: Orleans Parish, Louisiana
Estimated Date of Death: 1982
State of Remains: Partial skeletal
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 33-44 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'3" to 5'6"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Left forearm was possibly amputated. Previously broken nose.

Identifiers
Dentals:Available. She wore dentures.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: A bra and panties (description unavailable).
Jewelry: Yellow-metal necklace with nine round beads spaced equally apart.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown.

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim's remains were found near an on-ramp of I-10 on December 3, 1982 in Orleans Parish, Louisiana.

In 2018, serial killer Samuel Little confessed to her murder, along with 92 others. He provided a sketch of her, based on his memory.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: New Orleans Police Department
Agency Contact Person: Det. Winston Harbin or Sergeant Daniel E. McMullen
Agency Phone Number: 504-658-5315 (Harbin) 504-658-5300 (McMullen)
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: L-2908-82

Agency Name: LSU FACES Laboratory
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 225-578-3906
Agency E-Mail: glisti1(at)lsu.edu
Agency Case Number: 83-10

Agency Name: Orleans Parish Coroner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Dr. Dwight McKenna
Agency Phone Number: 504-658-9660
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: Unknown

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 2213

Information Source(s)
NamUs
LSU FACES
FBI

NAMUS Rule Outs - 07/10/20

Allegro, Cynthia - MP219
02/12/1982, Jackson, MO

Perez, Mary Ann - MP14115
03/25/1976, St Bernard, LA

Shinn, Mary - MP10738
07/20/1978, Columbia, AR

I, I need .....a second, third, opinion here. I have so many questions rn.
Earlier I was looking for some Does in Louisiana and stumbled over this:
upload_2021-4-6_22-31-31.png
They, look remarkably similar. Their profiles are confusing however, since they state they gathered "partial remains" but also "all parts recovered." in the same profile.

Original
upload_2021-4-6_22-40-15.png

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
NamUs #UP682 says:
Circumstances of Recovery
A partially skeleteonized set of human remains was found on the river side (Belle River)of the levee.
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains

All parts recovered
Condition of Remains
Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

It describes a shirt further down.

NamUs #UP2213 says:
Found near an I-10 on-ramp in Orleans Parish, LA.
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains

One or both hands not recovered
Condition of Remains
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Describes bra and panties further down.

Their age-ranges are a little different from one and other, but both Does have height listed at 5'4''

But they are so similar...I just....I don't even know. Could this be the same Jane Doe, two different listings. Or, Same Jane Doe, two different dumping sites?

Last edited:
I, I need .....a second, third, opinion here. I have so many questions rn.
Earlier I was looking for some Does in Louisiana and stumbled over this:
View attachment 291620
They, look remarkably similar. Their profiles are confusing however, since they state they gathered "partial remains" but also "all parts recovered." in the same profile.

Original
View attachment 291621

NamUs #UP682 says:
A partially skeleteonized set of human remains was found on the river side (Belle River)of the levee.
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains

All parts recovered
Condition of Remains
Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

It describes a shirt further down.

NamUs #UP2213 says:
Found near an I-10 on-ramp in Orleans Parish, LA.
Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains

One or both hands not recovered
Condition of Remains
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Describes bra and panties further down.

Their age-ranges are a little different from one and other, but both Does have height listed at 5'4''

But they are so similar...I just....I don't even know. Could this be the same Jane Doe, two different listings. Or, Same Jane Doe, two different dumping sites?
This is odd. They look like the same person in the recons and upon seeing them side by side I thought they were from the same profile.

The “partial remains” seems confusing also. I take one as being partially skeletonized, meaning most of the bones were found and contained some soft tissue. “Near complete or complete skeleton”...I think this means the person was almost completely bones, not that the entire skeleton was not there. If that makes any sense. :confused:

The other I take as being partial skeletal parts only, meaning not all the bones were found (in this case the hands in particular).

I’d think they were the same if they both didn’t have facial recons and both were measured at 5’4” tall. But then, those similarities are hard to ignore. Studying the features of each recon, I think they’re different people. But you’re right, they’re remarkably similar.

This is odd. They look like the same person in the recons and upon seeing them side by side I thought they were from the same profile.

The “partial remains” seems confusing also. I take one as being partially skeletonized, meaning most of the bones were found and contained some soft tissue. “Near complete or complete skeleton”...I think this means the person was almost completely bones, not that the entire skeleton was not there. If that makes any sense. :confused:

The other I take as being partial skeletal parts only, meaning not all the bones were found (in this case the hands in particular).

I’d think they were the same if they both didn’t have facial recons and both were measured at 5’4” tall. But then, those similarities are hard to ignore. Studying the features of each recon, I think they’re different people. But you’re right, they’re remarkably similar.

Yes that makes sense. I was reading it like that, but felt genuinely like some error was made due to the likeness. I decided to delve a little deeper since I am a little more awake at the moment.

Their age ranges are:
30-44 and 40-55 so the age range does sort of cross as well.

I was looking on Doe network, it says:

The Doe Network: Case File 651UFLA
NamUs #UP682
The victim was discovered on February 19, 1982 near Stephenville, Saint Martin Parish, Louisiana
Estimated Date of Death: 3 Months prior to discovery
Cause of Death: Blunt trauma to the head
State of Remains: Partial Skeleton
Formerly Hot Case 205
  • Estimated age: 40-55 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4".
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Previously injured nose, left rib, and three vertebra.
  • Skeletal Findings: Antemortem trauma to the nose with remodeling in surrounding areas; antemortem fracture on left 7th rib; antemortem compression fractures on thoracic verts 5 through 7.
  • Clothing: Western style green plaid shirt, size 12.
  • Jewelry: Two rings, a 3 stone engagement ring and a gold ring with an emerald stone. She also had a pendant with a bull and a star.
  • Dentals: Upper and lower jaw had no teeth during life; pronounced bone resorption and remodeling suggest a long-term denture wearer, though no dentures were recovered at scene.
  • DNA: Complete - Profile available at state lab
Case History
The victim was located on the river side (Belle River) of the levee in a wooded area at the Nine Mile Board, off of Highway 70, near Stephenville, Louisiana on February 19, 1982.
  • The victim suffered a severe facial injury shortly before her death.

1509UFLA
NamUs #UP2213
Date of Discovery: December 3, 1982
Location of Discovery: Orleans Parish, Louisiana
Estimated Date of Death: 1982
State of Remains: Partial skeletal
Cause of Death: Homicide
Estimated Age: 33-44 years old
  • Race: White
  • Sex: Female
  • Height: 5'3" to 5'6"
  • Weight: Unknown
  • Hair Color: Unknown
  • Eye Color: Unknown
  • Distinguishing Marks/Features: Left forearm was possibly amputated. Previously broken nose.
Dentals:Available. She wore dentures.
  • Fingerprints: Not available.
  • DNA: Available.
Clothing: A bra and panties (description unavailable).
  • Jewelry: Yellow-metal necklace with nine round beads spaced equally apart.
  • Additional Personal Items: Unknown.
Wow, ok, both appear to be partial. They, they might actually be the same Jane Doe. Both wore dentures. They look like twins. Overlapping age-ranges. Same height on NamUs. Both found in 1982, one which has estimated time of death of 3 months, and the other has the year 1982 listed. Both had a broken nose.

One is a facial reconstruction, the other appears to be a photograph....?

One profile says the woman was a denture-wearer but none was found, on the other one it states they have the actual dentures.

Uh, I kinda feel I should ask somebody about this? Who do I even contact about this kinda stuff? The NamUs folks?

Last edited:
I sent an e-mail to LSU about this observation. About the likeness and case similarties.
The person I spoke to did also seem to find the similarities striking. They said they would reach out to the investigating agencies to look further into the similarities present.

I sent an e-mail to LSU about this observation. About the likeness and case similarties.
The person I spoke to did also seem to find the similarities striking. They said they would reach out to the investigating agencies to look further into the similarities present.
Sorry I didn’t see your response sooner. I’m glad you contacted someone who seems responsive! I do think it’s worth checking for sure.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back