TX - 22 killed, 26 injured at Walmart, Cielo Vista, El Paso, 3 Aug 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not seeing a photo of a suspected shooter at this link?

ShooterCollage.jpg

breaking-possible-active-shooter-at-walmart-near-cielo-vista-mall

It doesn't seem like they know much, and honestly, whatever they do know will be twisted and filtered to fit whatever narrative the media wants to present.

There is no more "objective", unbiased news any longer. You find various sources, and put together a basic analysis, filtering out the drama.

See or hear something shouldn't be taken lightly. Everyone MUST take it seriously.

I am positive people did see or hear something coming from this shooter, but did nothing at all. That seems to be the case countless times.

People have to be more proactive before it happens, and not come out and say afterwards...oh we saw it, but didn't think they were serious. GAH!

That mindset must stop!!!

Jmho

Just checked in with my mom and sister - all safe. My sister works at the hospital that is a level 1 trauma center and is devastated that she can't go in to help. I am just so, so sad for this beautiful community that is filled with wonderful people. I would live there in a heartbeat if I could. Seriously, I love that city. My heart is breaking for the community.

If you search twitter for manifesto shooter, there is a guy with the initials of SS tweeting what may be from the shooter. Can't discuss here.

SS is a very questionable source, IMO. I can't remember specifics but he said or wrote something that struck me as very hinky.

I’m so sorry to hear about this horrific devastating tragedy. My thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected and the people of El Passo.

Is CNN really behind on the breaking news? We don’t get any other American news networks here in the U.K anymore.

CNN generally does well reporting "live" events, but they don't seem to be getting their story straight today. For example, the Mayor of El Paso was on the phone with Wolf Blitzer but didn't have accurate information at the time. It has now been confirmed by local authorities that there is one suspect who is in custody. The Mayor thought there were three suspects in custody. It's probably best at this juncture to listen to local law enforcement who is on scene. When they can report accurately on the suspect/s, number of fatalities, number of injured, etc., we'll hear it. Until then, it's probably best to take most reporting with a grain or two of salt.

Last edited:
Just checked in with my mom and sister - all safe. My sister works at the hospital that is a level 1 trauma center and is devastated that she can't go in to help. I am just so, so sad for this beautiful community that is filled with wonderful people. I would live there in a heartbeat if I could. Seriously, I love that city. My heart is breaking for the community.

I lived there for a while and within a couple of hours from there for many years. El Paso is typically very quiet and safe, especially for a big city. The people are kind and just want to live in peace.

Police source: 18 killed, multiple injured in El Paso Walmart shooting

UPDATE 1:37 p.m. — El Paso Police say a call for an active shooter came in at 10a.m. this morning at Walmart at Cielo Vista and then additional reports came in of a possible shooter at adjacent Cielo Vista Mall. Police say one person in custody and a second person is detained. Police do not believe any suspect is outstanding.

See or hear something shouldn't be taken lightly. Everyone MUST take it seriously.

I am positive people did see or hear something coming from this shooter, but did nothing at all. That seems to be the case countless times.

People have to be more proactive before it happens, and not come out and say afterwards...oh we saw it, but didn't think they were serious. GAH!

That mindset must stop!!!

Jmho

It's comforting to think that these people always do or say something that should raise red flags that others can report.

Yet, in the case of the Poway shooter, no one saw anything at all. His family didn't know. He was a good student and played piano.

He himself even said this:

"I am a testament to the fact that literally anyone can do this,” he wrote. “If you told me even 6 months ago that I would do this I would have been surprised.”

Link: Who is John Earnest, the suspect in the Poway synagogue shooting?

And then there are people who do exhibit obvious warning signs and never commit horrific violence. And even if they are reported, what can law enforcement do if they haven't committed a crime?

El Paso police say multiple people killed in shooting at shopping mall
SABBM:
Del Sol Medical Center told CBS News it was treating 11 patients from the shooting. It said nine were in critical but stable condition, and two were stable. The patients ranged in age from 35 to 82.

University of Medical Center of El Paso told CBS News it had also received 11 shooting victims, including one deceased person. They said a 4-month-old child was among the patients it was treating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23