Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
“RCMP located a row boat on the shore of the Nelson River on Friday, which is why divers are being sent to Gillam. Our story @meltait will be online soon” @globeandmail #canadianmanhunt #Canadamanhunt

“RCMP don't know whether the boat was used by two suspects wanted in three killings in Northern B.C., but are investigating the possibility.”

Renata D'Aliesio on Twitter

“RCMP located a row boat on the shore of the Nelson River on Friday, which is why divers are being sent to Gillam. Our story @meltait will be online soon” @globeandmail #canadianmanhunt #Canadamanhunt

“RCMP don't know whether the boat was used by two suspects wanted in three killings in Northern B.C., but are investigating the possibility.”

So they could find anyone’s body at this point. Doesn’t mean it would be KM or BS

RCMP Manitoba‏Verified account @rcmpmb
To assist in the ongoing search for the 2 BC suspects, Manitoba RCMP's Underwater Recovery Team (URT) will be arriving in Gillam tonight & divers will begin to search a section of the Nelson River tomorrow, Sunday, August 4. #rcmpmb

EBFKW_FWwAU4ZJ4.jpg

4:00 PM - 3 Aug 2019 pst
To me, it does seem more likely that the fugitives are in that river, than in Ontario somewhere, despite all of the 'sightings'.

Dive teams headed to Nelson River. I think this could be big.

Recalling that Kam grew up on a lake, I speculated earlier about the possibility of the teens stealing a boat. MOO

Renata D'Aliesio‏ @RenataDAliesio
We @meltait will be reporting from the scene tonight and tomorrow #canadianmanhunt #canadamanhunt

5:06 PM - 3 Aug 2019

RCMP have not yet confirmed who the row boat belongs to. #canadianmanhunt #Canadamanhunt

5:04 PM - 3 Aug 2019

We @meltait were turned away from the area this afternoon by tactical officers. The boat was severely damaged and appeared to have gone through the rapids. #canadianmanhunt #Canadamanhunt

5:01 PM - 3 Aug 2019

RCMP don't know whether the boat was used by two suspects wanted in three killings in Northern B.C., but are investigating the possibility. #canadianmanhunt #Canadamanhunt

4:59 PM - 3 Aug 2019

RCMP located a row boat on the shore of the Nelson River on Friday, which is why divers are being sent to Gillam. Our story @meltait will be online soon @globeandmail #canadianmanhunt #Canadamanhunt

4:57 PM - 3 Aug 2019 pst

Assuming this rowboat was just stuck in the reeds/washed ashore? Not tied up or dragged up the bank?

ETA: Never mind. Seeing more details now.

I think it's interesting that the article says the police last scoured that area by air three or four days ago, meaning the boat wasn't there or at least not noticed then. Of course, the boat could've come loose and been swept away on it's own, but hopefully this discovery will lead to something. Or DNA from the water jug.

Now, for the timeline. The RAV4 was found burning (and thus soon after being lit on fire) on the evening of July 23rd. July 23rd was a Tuesday. The suspects had been seen by the tribal officers at Split Lake alcohol checkpoint the prior day. Earlier on July 23rd, KM and BS had been publicly identified as suspects by the RCMP. I suspect they might have heard about this on the car radio, which prompted the burning of the RAV4.

I thought the RAV4 was found burning on the evening of July 22 (Monday). And then it was on July 23 that KM and BS were said to be suspects.

Here is the tweet from Manitoba RCMP made on July 24:
RCMP Manitoba on Twitter

On Monday evening, RCMP recovered a vehicle in the Gillam area after receiving a report of a vehicle fire. We can now confirm this vehicle is the same vehicle the suspects were travelling in. #rcmpmb

1:06 PM - 24 Jul 2019​

It says they recovered the car the suspects were travelling in on Monday evening.

Should we fix the timeline? Or are there conflicting reports about the timing of finding the RAV4 in Gillam?

MOO

Dive teams headed to Nelson River. I think this could be big.

Recalling that Kam grew up on a lake, I speculated earlier about the possibility of the teens stealing a boat. MOO

I didn't know that he grew up on a lake. The Nelson River goes out to Hudson Bay and Port Nelson/York Factory area (similar destination to what the German tourists appeared to be headed to on the Hayes River) so it would be a logical destination and it's possible they thought it was easier than walking through the muskeg. Although after they got there, there would be very limited options of where they could go from there -- maybe they were just trying to get away from the RCMP and then backtrack though.

The boat was severely damaged and appeared to have gone through the rapids. #canadianmanhunt #Canadamanhunt

Wow. I really hope this is something. It at least indicates that maybe it's not just a random boat that floated from somewhere. I wonder where exactly it's located relative to the RAV4.

I didn't know that he grew up on a lake. The Nelson River goes out to Hudson Bay and Port Nelson/York Factory area (similar destination to what the German tourists appeared to be headed to on the Hayes River) so it would be a logical destination and it's possible they thought it was easier than walking through the muskeg. Although after they got there, there would be very limited options of where they could go from there -- maybe they were just trying to get away from the RCMP and then backtrack though.

Wow. I really hope this is something. It at least indicates that maybe it's not just a random boat that floated from somewhere. I wonder where exactly it's located relative to the RAV4.

Port Alberni is a port on the Pacific Ocean.

OK, I think I'm missing something here, so need posters to enlighten me. I cannot find, anywhere, the manner of death of Leonard Dyck. Media was quick to report gunshot wounds to the couple, but how did Leonard die?

There has been no official word on the manner of death of Mr Dyck. At least one report stated that he was shot to death, but with as much false reporting as has been going on in this case, I would take that with a grain of salt for the time being. JMO

Port Alberni is a port on the Pacific Ocean.

Port Alberni is actually considered more mid island, not really a port city. I think the "Kam grew up on a lake" comment refers to Sproat Lake, Kam's family apparently lives lakeside. No link so IMO but it was sleuthed in an earlier thread.

RCMP divers will be arriving in Gillam tonight to begin searching a section of the Nelson River after a row boat was found along the shore Friday.

Inspector Leon Fiedler said it's not clear whether the boat was used by two men wanted in the killings of three people in Northern B.C.

The green-coloured boat was spotted washed up on the shore during a helicopter search of the river on Friday afternoon. The flat-bottom aluminum boat was pulled out of the area in the evening.

“It had gone through some rapids and had been significantly damaged,” Inspector Fiedler said. “We’re going to search in the area around where we found this boat just to make sure that there is nobody attached to it, whether that is our subjects or anyone else for that matter.”

[...]

The boat was located in an area known as the lower Limestone Rapids, near Keewatinoow converter station. bbm

Police did not find anything near the boat last night except for a red and white water jug.

Officers were combing through the area on Saturday, turning vehicles away from the search zone. The boat was found about 70 kilometers north of Gillam, by road, and about 13 kilometers from where the SUV that police believe the fugitives were driving was found burning in a ditch on the evening of July 22. bbm

Inspector Fiedler said police had not located the owner of the boat. The search area, he added, is challenging.

“It’s a really tricky area because of the rapids,” he said. “It’s not an area that is well-traveled by anybody by boat.”

The boat was brought to the Gillam RCMP detachment.
Police will not be able to obtain any forensic evidence from the boat, Inspector Fiedler said.

The RCMP’s underwater recovery team was expected to arrive in Gillam on Saturday night and divers were set to begin searching Sunday. The police had last scoured the area by air three or four days ago, Inspector Fiedler said.

RCMP divers to begin searching river near Gillam after finding rowboat, search for B.C. fugitives continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288