Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google Earth of 56km distance between downtown Gillam & Sundance intersection; approximate location of burnt RAV4, discovered in flames at 7 pm, Monday, July 22. IIRC.
I didn't see anything in the article about a motor on the boat. I wonder if they could've made that distance? I suppose if the water is fast they could, which seems to be the indication.

The river is at least 600m (3/8 mi) wide in those parts and would be ice cold. They probably hit some unexpected rapids and were too far out to save themselves.

If they have been "hiding" at the bottom of the Nelson River these past 12 days now it would explain a heck of a lot.

I was wondering if they entered the river at night? If so, they would not even see the rapids coming in time to avoid. They'd hear them - too late.

The videos posted of Nelson River rapids aren't in this area, but the rapids in the suspect area do look significant, and in an open aluminum boat, with no experience at picking a path, or at night, it would be very likely lethal IMHO without wetsuits and life preservers.

I sincerely hope something like that occurred, because an alternative is they found someone fishing on the riverbank, killed them, and stole their car.

ETA: I've done a fair bit of whitewater rafting. I have parted company with the boat mid-rapid on two occasions, plus almost drowned once - while still in the boat upright (pinned under a cascade).

I think it's interesting that the article says the police last scoured that area by air three or four days ago, meaning the boat wasn't there or at least not noticed then. Of course, the boat could've come loose and been swept away on it's own, but hopefully this discovery will lead to something. Or DNA from the water jug.
Now that the RCAF is gone they don't have computer-aided search anymore: they are doing it all by eye. A green boat in the green wilderness isn't going to stand out either. It could have been there a while and missed.

I hope they both took a swig from that water bottle and screwed the cap on real tight. It seems like a good chance to capture DNA on the threads of the bottle.

I didn't see anything in the article about a motor on the boat. I wonder if they could've made that distance? I suppose if the water is fast they could, which seems to be the indication.

This map illustrates the possible location of the abandoned car, unrelated to breaking news regarding the discovery of a boat. The boat is located 8 miles east of the car. IIRC.

Sure it's at the end of a long inlet but growing up in Ucluelet, we would never consider PA "on the ocean". But OK I did just look at Wikipedia and it does refer to PA as a "deep port city" still mid island to me...

Definitely "mid island." Actually, it is closer to the east coast (where I live) than the west, if you look at a map. I always stop there for lunch when on the way to Ucluelet or Tofino. Sproat Lake is a beautiful area. This is all so sad.

interesting thought:
if you knew you were facing 25yrs in prison, why not just travel across the country till you get caught.
that would be a way of making a trip of a lifetime because all they will see are restricted areas when they get caught.
like bs dad said "go out blazing" memories to keep them content with the fact they messed their life up

not a gamer at all , so I read the Wikipedia description of RUST. Supposedly players frequently try to just off each other and everyone competes to grab "supplies" which are left in various spots. It did sound a little like this trip. So my Q: could people really be so delusional that they try to live out a video game in the real world? I have trouble understanding how these two guys go from having no criminal record (I think) to just killing people and stealing cars. Even with prior quoted statements from BS in middle school about killing, this whole thing seems abrupt. IMO

The videos posted of Nelson River rapids aren't in this area, but the rapids in the suspect area do look significant, and in an open aluminum boat, with no experience at picking a path, or at night, it would be very likely lethal IMHO without wetsuits and life preservers.

I sincerely hope something like that occurred, because an alternative is they found someone fishing on the riverbank, killed them, and stole their car.

ETA: I've done a fair bit of whitewater rafting. I have parted company with the boat mid-rapid on two occasions, plus almost drowned once - while still in the boat upright (pinned under a cascade).

How do you determine that the rapids in this area are significant? I know nothing about whitewater rafting or river maps, so I appreciate your informative post.

not a gamer at all , so I read the Wikipedia description of RUST. Supposedly players frequently try to just off each other and everyone competes to grab "supplies" which are left in various spots. It did sound a little like this trip. So my Q: could people really be so delusional that they try to live out a video game in the real world? I have trouble understanding how these two guys go from having no criminal record (I think) to just killing people and stealing cars. Even with prior quoted statements from BS in middle school about killing, this whole thing seems abrupt. IMO

Quite a few spree killers have no prior criminal record. And maybe it's the other way around -- maybe they liked the game because they had interest in this topic in general. But I agree, there are a lot of unanswered questions about who these guys were, their motives, what led up to the killing, what their thought processes may have been, etc. The police may have found more information on those topics through their investigation into their online activity, etc. but it just hasn't been released.

Google Earth image shows distance between possible location of burned Rav4 & rail line that is approximately 1 mile north. Path is visible. This area of the river around Sundance is east of the large Limestone dam.

Attachments

• Sundance to Rail line 1 mile.png
    Sundance to Rail line 1 mile.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
How many days do you think the diving team with be out there? Wouldn’t their bodies be way down stream by now? Thats IF they were even on that boat.

(I’m speculating): Assuming the boat was also carried downstream a ways from where they fell out (if that was the case). I have no experience with underwater rescue but perhaps if they fell out at a set of rapids, their bodies would be caught amongst the rocks? ...I think it’s unlikely they parted ways with the boat right where the boat was found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave