Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
not a gamer at all , so I read the Wikipedia description of RUST. Supposedly players frequently try to just off each other and everyone competes to grab "supplies" which are left in various spots. It did sound a little like this trip. So my Q: could people really be so delusional that they try to live out a video game in the real world? I have trouble understanding how these two guys go from having no criminal record (I think) to just killing people and stealing cars. Even with prior quoted statements from BS in middle school about killing, this whole thing seems abrupt. IMO

Yes IMO, I really think these young men could be that delusional. I just looked up Wiki RUST game (thanks) and the scenarios are very much like their current reality.....a video game they are playing out in real life.

Just throwing it out there - there's every possibility the two could have taken the row boat and pushed it off shore - empty - knowing it would smash on the rapids. They would have expected that if found people would consider the possibility they had drowned and would provide a welcome distraction for officers if they had been hunkered down near Gillam and are now planning to head south.

Another thing - I've asked on here previously but don't think I had any replies - Do we know when Len Dyck was last seen alive and well?

Just throwing it out there - there's every possibility the two could have taken the row boat and pushed it off shore - empty - knowing it would smash on the rapids. They would have expected that if found people would consider the possibility they had drowned and would provide a welcome distraction for officers if they had been hunkered down near Gillam and are now planning to head south.

Another thing - I've asked on here previously but don't think I had any replies - Do we know when Len Dyck was last seen alive and well?

Yes, there's really no predicting what the fugitives would have done. However, if they made it as far as the river and found a boat, then there's also a good chance that they would have grabbed the opportunity to get out of the bush and onto the water. Sometimes there is a breeze on rivers and insects are less of a problem.

Yes IMO, I really think these young men could be that delusional. I just looked up Wiki RUST game (thanks) and the scenarios are very much like their current reality.....a video game they are playing out in real life.
Or it could have given them the idea for this . Not literally playing the game, but the game prepping them to live this way.

For those, like me, just coming here after taking a little break, and wondering what this rowboat chatter is about, here ya go. :)

New ‘rowboat’ clue in hunt for teen murder
spree suspects

Quote from above news article:
"We’re going to search in the area around where we found this boat just to make sure that there is nobody attached to it, whether that is our subjects or anyone else for that matter.” (end quote)

Any possibility this boat could belong to another victim? Could they have stumbled across a lone fisherman out in the wilderness, stealing his vehicle and sending his boat into the rapids? Could that be why there has been no reports of stolen vehicles in the area? Speculation only! JMO

Last edited:
Quote from above news article:
"We’re going to search in the area around where we found this boat just to make sure that there is nobody attached to it, whether that is our subjects or anyone else for that matter.” (end quote)

Any possibility this boat could belong to another victim? Could they have stumbled across a lone fisherman out in the wilderness, stealing his vehicle and sending his boat into the rapids? Could that be why there has been no reports of stolen vehicles in the area? Specutation only! JMO

I would think there'd be a missing person reported by now.

not a gamer at all , so I read the Wikipedia description of RUST. Supposedly players frequently try to just off each other and everyone competes to grab "supplies" which are left in various spots. It did sound a little like this trip. So my Q: could people really be so delusional that they try to live out a video game in the real world? I have trouble understanding how these two guys go from having no criminal record (I think) to just killing people and stealing cars. Even with prior quoted statements from BS in middle school about killing, this whole thing seems abrupt. IMO
Thanks, I just read it too and it does sound like what they’re doing, down to surviving threats like bears, scavenging for resources, escaping via boat (if this lead pans out) etc... So crazy if this is what they’re doing... part of the game is that the get points for killing people, with head shots earning more points than gunshots to other body parts... so sick, really

SBM

Good catch! I bet you're right. Also would be the side they would have launched from (if it's the boat they used). MOO
I hope RCMP finds evidence of KM/ BS, but there is a small chance that someone else launched an empty boat after York Landing distraction.

I really can't see them using a boat. In my mind it would be like holding a massive neon sign..

They left a trail of neon signs all across the continent. Burning their first car near the murder scene, burning the second car when they could have just rolled it into the muskeg and it probably wouldn't have been found for a while, acting suspicious at a police checkpoint, using their real names when talking to the guy who helped them out of the mud (and getting stuck there in the first place...great survival skills!), and wearing a military outfit in public. If they made that many mistakes in civilization, what mistakes did they make outside of it? I think either they wanted to be seen, or they totally sucked at being fugitives. If they actually did take a rowboat into class V rapids, the latter becomes a greater probability. If so, it also becomes a greater probability that the murders weren't planned because if one did plan to get away with murder, you would think one would plan it better than that. Just my opinion of course.

(a) They could have stolen the boat near the RAV4 soon after they set it on fire. They would have gotten on the river after 7:00 pm and hit the rapids within 2-3 hours when daylight was fading. (I'm guessing that the river current has a speed of 5-10 km/h.) RCMP may have missed the boat earlier because it's green and so is everything else.

(b) They could have burned the RAV4 and found a place to hunker down for a week, then got on the river and capsized on the rapids, explaining why the boat was not there the last search 3-4 days ago but was now.

I have to wonder in scenario (b) why they would leave a safe space where they had been undetected and venture out on the open water when there were planes and helicopters searching for them - or why they would hole up so close to the RAV4 in the first place. I sort of think scenario (a) is more likely. Because of the sightings in Gillam it seems the RCMP were focusing on that area and not further north.

Thanks, I just read it too and it does sound like what they’re doing, down to surviving threats like bears, scavenging for resources, escaping via boat (if this lead pans out) etc... So crazy if this is what they’re doing... part of the game is that the get points for killing people, with head shots earning more points than gunshots to other body parts... so sick, really
It's a video game. NOTHING in that game will "prepare" them for what they are actually facing. Ive played Rust, Ark & Conan. All 3 are survival games. And at no point do I or did I feel like im now better off to survive in the wilderness. JMO. Its a nice thought, but in reality holds zero weight.

I’ve been mulling it over, trying to imagine the suspects’ psychological state if, in fact, they have taken to the bush. Without proper nutrition, physically exerting themselves daily while trying to evade capture, and not to mention a lack of sleep, they likely no longer have the capacity for logical decision making. They are probably experiencing erratic emotional swings and feel like lying down and dying at least daily. They were flying high on adrenaline at one point, but that feeling and the energy that goes along with it is not sustainable. I believe that the constables that pulled them over from the check stop noted that they seemed scared. I can only imagine that, even if prepared to some extent, this long in the bush has them beyond scared - perhaps apathetic as to what happens next. Unable to concentrate and make appropriate decisions leads to major mistakes and possibly life-threatening bad choices. This is why I think it’s not crazy that they would think about taking a row boat on the Nelson River (insane!). That or another poorly thought out decision has / will lead to their demise.

EDIT: my grammar sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members