OH - 9 killed + Gunman, 16 injured, Mass Shooting, Oregon District, Dayton, 4 Aug 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO, from the sercurity video it wasn't suicide by cop. The video shows the cop coming out on a drive,path at the end of the bar patio. Bullets are flying so he steps back behind the cover of the building. The killer then comes running down to the end of the patio chasing victims who are running away. Shooter rapidly turns right down the path where the cop was standing. He accidentally ran right around the corner to where the officer was waiting.
Agree with all of this except the officer was inside the entrance of the bar where the shooter tried to run in, and this is where the shooter was shot. Would like to watch video again to confirm but that was my understanding

I pray she didn't know the shooter was her brother!

"The suspect, Connor Betts, was wearing a mask, body armor and hearing protection. He used a .223 caliber rifle with 100-round drum Biehl said. The gun had some modifications but Biehl said he was unable to elaborate what those modifications were."
Dayton Shooting: Suspect and 9 dead, 27 wounded in Oregon District
Moo

So was his end game suicide by Cop?

Still, WHY his sister?

The most obvious explanation would be that he wanted to cause his parents the most pain (consciously or unconsciously). But, he is also right in the age group for the onset of paranoid schizophrenia, which is definitely a major cause of family violence, especially when the violence is not directed at an SO.

Jealousy or other personal vendetta. If racism turns out to be a factor, I'd still consider that level of racism to be a huge mental health red flag.

Oddly, by wearing body armor, he seems to have been very ambivalent about "suicide by cop." 100 bullets in his drum? He must have known he'd be taken out at some point, but it's possible in his mind he thought he could make some kind of getaway. We'll never know unless he left writings (about his plans).

NIMH says incidence of schizophrenia is about 1 in 200, so quite a few (that's in the US). Just thought I'd throw that out there so people can be aware.

Last edited:
Maybe he had a fight with the sister inside the club.

Maybe he had a fight with her/his accompanying male friend.

Maybe he had a fight with a stranger, or was rejected by a romantic prospect. (I tend to lean towards something like this - an argument with someone inside the club - because it would jive with earlier stories that he went into the club first; came out; and went back in a second time.)

If it wasn't his car, I suppose he could have gotten around the problem by sitting with them in the back seat with a duffel; and lied about the contents of the duffel. "Oh this? Just some stuff for the gym."

The most obvious explanation would be that he wanted to cause his parents the most pain (consciously or unconsciously). But, he is also right in the age group for the onset of paranoid schizophrenia, which is definitely a major cause of family violence, especially when the violence is not directed at an SO.

Jealousy or other personal vendetta. If racism turns out to be a factor, I'd still consider that level of racism to be a huge mental health red flag.

Oddly, by wearing body armor, he seems to have been very ambivalent about "suicide by cop." 100 bullets in his drum? He must have known he'd be taken out at some point, but it's possible in his mind he thought he could make some kind of getaway. We'll never know unless he left writings (about his plans).
He wanted to take out as many people as he could before he was killed?

Oh no.... just seeing this.

Lord help us all.

It’s never going to stop.

You guys know usually I’m all up in these shooting threads, working on comparative studies and analysis, etc etc.

I’m just to the point where I don’t have any words anymore (hence my lack of posting in yesterday’s El Paso thread).

I’ve got nothing to add except that I don’t think it’s ever going to stop. Ever.

If so, please feel free to correct me.

And if you think it’s going to stop, how do you think that will happen.

Because the way I see things now it’s not going to stop. Moo Jmo and thank you for letting me share that opinion.

I said I was doing my case study on mass shooters. I will add the recent data from yesterday and today.

Ya like child molesters, moo. And child abductions: they will continue to happen as long as we are alive.

I’m sad that this has my opinion and I’m honestly hoping here that somebody can counter this post.

@Gardener1850 or @MassGuy, any of you guys up for a game of ping pong? I’m really wanting to be corrected here. That yes this will stop one day. Can you find a way to disagree with me? Please?

I don't follow these type of cases very much.
Maybe because I can't makes sense of the extreme violence.
I can't comprehend the motives behind a mass shooter's actions.
Wanting to be famous (or infamous) for criminal deeds has never made any sense to me.
Seeing people as objects or part of some sick game is too abhorrent to comprehend.
I think these type of criminals are usually deeply mentally disturbed but at the same time that answer seems too simplistic. I also believe in evil. No one answer, no one solution seems right.

All that said, yes @margarita25 I believe it will stop one day. On the same day when every knee bows. On that day the evil will be gone and no more tears will fall. That's my personal belief only. I don't know if we will see that happen in our lifetime here on earth. I don't have any answers on how we as a society can stop it right now. I believe things will only get worse before they get better. We can only try to be light. The light shines in the darkness and the darkness can not overcome it. We can be the good and embrace the good shown through the heroes and helpers who risk their lives when evil things like this happen. That's all I know. I'm not up for a game of ping-pong today.

PS-- This post is probably too off topic. Mods please delete and forgive me if I've crossed a line.

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members