TX - 22 killed, 26 injured at Walmart, Cielo Vista, El Paso, 3 Aug 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve read Walmart cut back on security staff at U.S stores to cut costs a few years ago so this doesn’t surprise me. I don’t think they will be willing to have armed guards at the entrances anytime soon. I’m in the U.K and have never been in a U.S Walmart but they own Asda supermarkets here. I suspect Walmart may face lawsuits in relation to this horrendous tragedy but I have no idea if they will be successful.

Gosh, speaking of Walmart cutting staff, they cut all their senior citizen greeters who used to stand there and say hi to everyone that walked in.

I do think they may have guards now though after this.

ETA:
I bet you’re right, that Walmart has one hell of a time controlling loss prevention. And I really mean, one hell of a time. Do you know why?

Have you ever looked around you, whether in a restaurant, a store, any kind of business? It doesn’t matter really, anywhere.
My husband and I not only have a business, we actually have several....
but we watch people everywhere we go. And.... we are very, very concerned. Not just with business, but with our society. It is actually a bit scary.

Why? Do you know what the majority of paid Employees are spending their time doing? (Not just employees, but parents, but that is a whole different thread)

Unfortunately, much of the time, They’re playing on their cell phone, and on the computer Looking at Fakebook ( yes, I said FAKE).
Or some other social media.
And in restaurants, we see it, these people seem oblivious... they think they are invisible or something? No, they’re not.
Ignoring responsibility
Ignoring customers

So, you think anyone in ANY business today is REALLY doing their job in monitoring the cameras for security and loss prevention?

I truly seriously doubt it. Gotta disable cell phones and internet social media, otherwise if you’re depending on video surveillance / loss prevention, we are all in for a very wild and dangerous ride. It’s out of control.

(They need security guards to monitor perverts that hang out in the underwear section. Just sayin.)

Last edited:
Right. The parents would have to consent, and even if they did not consent, it would be potentially considered a "change in placement", the school system could do it.

But I think about the "Colombine" shooters, white, male, upper middle class. I doubt that their parents would have been too receptive to the school system referring their sons for special services due to a "score" that they "may" be psychopaths.

<modsnip> And definitely a mental health counselor or even a psychologist couldn't "stamp" a paper that says, "Psychopath for Life" at age 15...or 18.

BBM. Interestingly, Eric Harris was referred to a psychiatrist. A year before the shooting, EH and DK robbed and vandalized a van. They were in a youth diversion program, graduated successfully, but EH did see a psychiatrist as part of the diversion.

ETA. About the Columbine. That rich school was totally messed up. They accepted RS, a local wrestling champion, who was kicked out of his high school for violence, and put up with his horrible behavior.

A scene. A lunch break. RS takes a megaphone from a coach and starts making jokes about schoolmates. When a school beauty passes by, RS says, “here goes C, she slept with such-and-such and such-and-such (naming football players).” C. is mortified. The coach allows it to continue for several minutes and only then takes the megaphone away.

So, there are two sides to the story. EH and DK killed innocent kids, but the school had a bullying, jock culture. It is also well-known.

Last edited:
I have not read anything on MSM about his parents, but there are other sources of info if you care to search. I hope I did not come across as shaming anyone...I was speaking in general terms that many factors are present in people with personality disorders.
Early childhood trauma or a multitude of other life experiences (environmental factors) can impact later development. Some people are born with a genetic predisposition to sociopathy, then environmental factors trigger those sociopathic tendencies to come to life.
FYI: Posts numbers 596 and 628 have some info about his family .
But you make some good points, concerning predisposition to sociopathy, personality disorders, childhood traumas, etc.
Glad to have you here and would love to hear your opinion.

Last edited:
That's because first responders generally are taught not to do that. Just like they aren't supposed to give mouth to mouth without a mask. Sometimes they don't follow the rules and that's heroic. Sometimes, even when they do follow the rules it still doesn't end well.

https://www.jems.com/articles/2011/02/florida-deputy-dies-infection.html
That's a strange one! They don't even say what he contacted or what the infant died of! A "bacterial illness" that killed him several years later but has no name? hmmm.

This is a total vent but the aunt and uncle of a very dear family friend were among the victims. I'm just so ANGRY and SAD.

eta: in response to the above post by @Safeguard, this is likely what happened. The officer might have had a damaged valve from a previous strep infection or just from wear and tear associated with age...

• Subacute endocarditis - This form of endocarditis most often is caused by one of the viridans group of streptococci (Streptococcus sanguis, mutans, mitis or milleri) that normally live in the mouth and throat. Streptococcus bovis or Streptococcus equinus also can cause subacute endocarditis, typically in patients who have a gastrointestinal problem, such as diverticulitis or colon cancer. Subacute endocarditis tends to involve heart valves that are abnormal, such as narrowed or leaky heart valves. Subacute bacterial endocarditis often causes non-specific symptoms that can persist for many weeks before a diagnosis is made.

Yes! A lot of the terrorists who immigrated to places like Germany and seemed to have good jobs and be doing well. Yet they joined terror orgs. Why?

Alienation. They felt separate from the rest f the western society they lived in even though many had been there for years. They often didnt have friends or many friends or women.

But statistically, these are second-generation immigrants who are at the highest risk. And coming from certain countries more than others (that puts them at the lowest end of the totem pole among their religious diaspora, as there is racism in immigrant communities as well). First- or third-generation immigrants carry far less risk of becoming terrorists.

Again, there is alienation. Second-generation immigrants are not fully accepted in the countries their parents emigrated to (and where they were already born). This puts some young people at the higher risk of being radicalized. They get their support group, and the opportunity to act out their revengeful thoughts.

Third-generation immigrants are way better adjusted.

If they are going to shoot many rounds of bullets they need ear protection from the sound. Learned this from the Rhoden Murders. They'd go deaf for a bit otherwise. Or should say lose some of their hearing for a bit. jmo

FYI: Posts numbers 596 and 628 have some info about his family .
But you make some good points, concerning predisposition to sociopathy, personality disorders, childhood traumas, etc.
Glad to have you here and would love to hear your opinion.
Just catching up... it’s not surprising to me to see some of the things mentioned in those posts. I think we can beat ourselves blue trying to come up with reasons why these things happen. There is no simple solution to the mass shooter crisis we are experiencing.
1. Genetics -we can’t do anything here
2. Environmental factors: abuse, neglect, trauma, bullying, media “glorifying” mass shootings to increase ratings, perpetuation of “hate” through family dynamics or subcultures , a culture that has become desensitized to violence, lack of access or unwillingness to seek professional help for mental illness, drugs (legal and illegal) that negatively impact people’s lives or their moral compasses, access to weapons that can kill efficiently.

Even if a child with a genetic predisposition to sociopathy has a loving family who tries their best to guide them in the right direction, they already have multiple other societal factors that are stacked against them. We live in a different world than we used to. The world we live in today is a perfect storm for growing mass shooters.
MOO

I'd like to know,
A: if any employees were killed.
B: Was this a "tax" free weekend for school shopping.
C: if he was not living in Allen with the grandparents, where was he living and how long was his real commute.

IMO, whatever he presented as his beliefs, the outcome is slowly morphing into his hatred for Families! Mother's and their children.
He wanted to cause grief and distress to cause pain to remaining family members.
He shot at the family outside at a table with a soccer dad.
He shot a "not brown"m or barely brown with a 2 month baby and her husband, essentially leaving the baby an orphan.

I'm basing this on the names and stories coming out.

Maybe his scribbles were about what is being speculated.
What I see is he had a hatred for family units.
ALL Moo

I'd like to know,
A: if any employees were killed.
B: Was this a "tax" free weekend for school shopping.
C: if he was not living in Allen with the grandparents, where was he living and how long was his real commute.

IMO, whatever he presented as his beliefs, the outcome is slowly morphing into his hatred for Families! Mother's and their children.
He wanted to cause grief and distress to cause pain to remaining family members.
He shot at the family outside at a table with a soccer dad.
He shot a "not brown"m or barely brown with a 2 month baby and her husband, essentially leaving the baby an orphan.

I'm basing this on the names and stories coming out.

Maybe his scribbles were about what is being speculated.
What I see is he had a hatred for family units.
ALL Moo

Mexicans.

Yes. He said he was out to kill as many Mexicans as possible, and he drove hundreds of miles in pursuit of that goal.

I have spent a lot of time in south Texas with family and from what I've observed, all Hispanic looking people are classified as "Mexicans" by the Anglo population.
He also stated in the crap he published on line, that he despised "race mixers" so pretty much anyone there could have been acceptable targets to this twisted nutter.

BBM. Interestingly, Eric Harris was referred to a psychiatrist. A year before the shooting, EH and DK robbed and vandalized a van. They were in a youth diversion program, graduated successfully, but EH did see a psychiatrist as part of the diversion.

ETA. About the Columbine. That rich school was totally messed up. They accepted RS, a local wrestling champion, who was kicked out of his high school for violence, and put up with his horrible behavior.

A scene. A lunch break. RS takes a megaphone from a coach and starts making jokes about schoolmates. When a school beauty passes by, RS says, “here goes C, she slept with such-and-such and such-and-such (naming football players).” C. is mortified. The coach allows it to continue for several minutes and only then takes the megaphone away.

So, there are two sides to the story. EH and DK killed innocent kids, but the school had a bullying, jock culture. It is also well-known.

Right, he was referred by the juvenile criminal court system for counseling, court ordered, based on criminal activity.

Far different from an evaluation, not based on any specific criminal activity or behavior, and counseling recommended by the school system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage