TX TX - Dr. Joshua Hull, 37, Temple, 13 Oct 2018

I hope I’m not going to regret this post, and with that said, i very much hope I don’t offend anyone at all, especially his loved ones.
This is the first case I’ve seen where I really felt that the person slowly and precisely took baby steps out of their life in order to start a new one elsewhere. I think the deleting of the Facebook, quitting the job, moving out, all happening slowly without telling anyone, was his way of making himself untraceable in the future. I think he probably drove his car hours and hours while pondering his next step or next chapter.. and that the location of the car likely has nothing to do with what his future plans were... leaving everyone confused and pondering where he might be. I feel that for one reason or another he really wanted a fresh new start, and it’s seemingly been so far successful as we have no leads to follow.

I hope I’m not going to regret this post, and with that said, i very much hope I don’t offend anyone at all, especially his loved ones.
This is the first case I’ve seen where I really felt that the person slowly and precisely took baby steps out of their life in order to start a new one elsewhere. I think the deleting of the Facebook, quitting the job, moving out, all happening slowly without telling anyone, was his way of making himself untraceable in the future. I think he probably drove his car hours and hours while pondering his next step or next chapter.. and that the location of the car likely has nothing to do with what his future plans were... leaving everyone confused and pondering where he might be. I feel that for one reason or another he really wanted a fresh new start, and it’s seemingly been so far successful as we have no leads to follow.

I agree- I think this is a voluntary missing person and quite deliberate.

[bbm]

see previous posts - that's a rumour not verified

While I agree that it is possible he wanted a fresh start, I am not sure he deleted his Facebook. I don’t think he had a Facebook to begin with.

I agree- I think this is a voluntary missing person and quite deliberate.
I tend to agree also. To move and quit his job without his mom even knowing about it is quite telling to me. Of course, we don't know how close he is/was to his mom but still, a family member usually knows when changes are made in a son's or daughter's life.

The doctor lived with a roommate, quit his job, and moved out in July. Had he been in contact with mom in October? Where was he living and how was he supporting himself? This is a strange case. It sounds like it’s a case of voluntary walk away.

I suppose he could practice medicine in another country, but if he were here in the US wouldn't he be able to be traced via his medical license?

I suppose he could practice medicine in another country, but if he were here in the US wouldn't he be able to be traced via his medical license?
Medical licenses in the US for doctors are at a state level. The licensure process for most physicians takes between three and six months, due to the extensive background checks, educational, training, and historical primary source verifications. Had he applied for a license in another state they would have been in contact with his last employer who likely would have briefed them about his 'missing' status.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original

Circumstances of Disappearance
The car of a missing Temple internist was discovered Nov. 26 at an airport, Temple Police Department spokeswoman Ellen Morton said Monday. The black 2014 Audi Q5 that belongs to 37-year-old Joshua Hull, missing for more than five months, was found at the Port of Portland International Airport in Portland, Oregon, according to Morton.

Feb 7, 2024 article - still missing

[…]

On Oct. 22 2018 Dr. Hull was first reported missing by his mother. After not hearing from him for some time she went to his home and was told that he moved out three months prior. It was around that same time that doctor hull quit his job.

Then on Nov. 26 2018 his car was found thousands of miles away at the Portland Oregon Airport, hidden and abandoned.

[…]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back