Presumed Located TX - Bradley Beachum, 18, Dallas, 27 July 2019

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
18-year-old Bradley Beachum was last seen Saturday morning. He was driving a brown and silver PT Cruiser south on Sugarberry Place in South Dallas. He was wearing black basketball shorts and no shirt. Beachum is about 6 feet tall with black hair, brown eyes and a tattoo of the word Amanda on his chest.

Police: Missing Dallas teen could be a danger to himself, others

critical%20missing_1564420810341.jpg_7556924_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Sorry if this is a dumb question..what’s critical missing vs want to locate? I’m clueless. o_O
I tried to look up the difference in terminology in Texas LE, and couldn't find these specific terms addressed. What I understood was the the need to locate Bradley was not as urgent as LE first thought it was, but finding him is still important. This is just MOO. Somebody more experienced with Texas LE might have a better answer.

From the missing cases I've seen here in Texas, usually an adult gets a critical missing alert if they have some sort of mental disability that would lead to them not being capable of caring for themselves long-term or possibly if they are in danger of harming themselves.

Sounds like it was initially believed that he could have been suicidal, but that is no longer believed to be the case after looking into things. Changing it to want to locate probably means that they just want to talk to him to clear things up and be able to officially mark him as not missing. Could have been someone reported him missing that he is purposefully not talking to and he is laying low and doesn't want to be found by that person.

A critical missing is when the missing person is:
A child less than 10 yrs
An adult older than 70 yrs
A person in immediate danger or a danger to others
A person with a physical or mental disability

Thank you TatainaBarbie, BigMike17, & HIM_darling for taking the time to explain this! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back