TX - 22 killed, 26 injured at Walmart, Cielo Vista, El Paso, 3 Aug 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion this will unfold to be far different than our “quick to draw conclusions “ politicians have portrayed it. That manifesto is a cluster. When all is said and done, this depraved nut job will end up being a part of a terror organization, but it won’t be the so called “white nationalist “ group.

I agree with you 100%, I think that they are ALL or mostly all a part of a terrorist group that may operated through the deep deep web.

Civilian assault rifles are just regular rifles, or .223 rifles.with modern black styling. Its the huge magazines that allow pulling off so much shooting.
Though I agree that the large magazines lead to most of the casualties, there are some additional aspects as well:

- When fired from civilian versions of military rifles (and nearly all are), .223 rounds have very little recoil. This allows rampagers with little familiarity with the weapons to rapidly bring it back on target after firing.

- Advanced sites (nothing to do with .223 rifles in particular, but an awful lot of weapons come equipped with advanced sites. In contrast, the "iron sites" earlier hand guns / rifles were clunky, hard to reference and usually led to novice shooters aiming high. Getting better sites meant a trip to a gunsmith and many rampagers were not inclined to do that.

Civilian assault rifles are just regular rifles, or .223 rifles.with modern black styling. Its the huge magazines that allow pulling off so much shooting.
Someone, a hero, in Dayton grabbed the rifle, and died for it.
Police arriving immediately after this had to confront a murderer who was armed with only a handgun.
MOO We need a civilian medal of honor for the heroes that charge these mad men and turn the tables saving many many people.

100% IMO. Well said.

The thing with these alt-right terrorists is that they're not part of a unified group - there's certain group sects such as Atomwaffen, but as a whole most of these guys are doing it independently. They're associated, but they're not going to become some unified, cartoonishly nazi group.

However, it's not a lone wolf situation either - these people motivate each other to commit shootings, with one of the more recent goals being to bring about another civil war - this is their idea of a "boogaloo". To effectively identify and combat this, you've got to recognize that the right is as diverse in views as they are vile; for every dude marching in KKK uniforms, there's another who thinks that they need to be more subtle and have better "optics."

Very well said. Just the "right balance" between group organization and highly prized individualism.

Whether these shooters post manifestos or not, I believe they envision their online buddies watching and rooting for them. They envision being the subject of a wikipedia page, even if the title isn't their name.

Just wanted to offer prayers of healing and comfort to all the victims, families, loved ones and the El Paso LE and first responders that stepped up to stop this depraved s.....g.And for everyone terrorized at Walmart that afternoon. We will keep you in our prayers. MOO

Oh yeah, a lot of it is the spectacle of it all; You can see that in Christchruch when the shooter livestreamed it. What they seem to want more, though, is incitement; they think that by doing these acts they'll finally provoke the "Boogaloo" they seem to want - the methodology is sort of like Charles Manson's Helter-Skelter.

They wanna be remembered as heroes if their dreams of a race-war and fascism come to pass - there's a lot of matyrdom rhetoric too with this.

I saw the video of the women frantically searching for news about her mother, Angie Engilsbee, yesterday. It saddens me that as of about 6 hrs. ago the family still had no news about her. Angie was in the check-out line around the time of the shooting according to this news report. I wonder why it is taking so long for the families to be notified. Praying for all of the families and people affected by this horrible tragedy.
Families still searching for loved ones after tragic El Paso shooting

@fabvab
I’ve been watching the news for this woman also, hoping Angie would be found safe. Sadly, she’s on this victim list.
LIST: Victims of the El Paso Walmart shooting

This is interesting:

Many recent mass shootings share a troubling connection: The accused killers have left a blueprint for their alleged actions on social media, like the attack on a Pittsburgh synagogue last year in which 11 people were killed, and the massacre in Christchurch, New Zealand in which 51 were killed.

The online posts are out in the open, but difficult for law enforcement to spot unless they get a tip before an attack happens.

When asked what the motivating factors are for shooters, Simons said, "Usually it's a desire for some omnipotent control, even if it's just momentary. There is also a degree of desire for infamy and notoriety."

How the FBI profiles potential mass shooters

certain group of fascists - Ecofascists. These people believe that immigration destroys enviroments and polluters should be killed - and by polluters they mean nowhite people. I

Can't provide the link (tos) but in his Manifesto he clearly states:

"the "American lifestyle" is destroying the environment".

He devotes a rather lengthy portion to the decimation of the environment by "Average Americans" Who he deems too lazy or stubborn to change their lifestyle, even if it would only be a minor inconvenience to them.

"I love the people of this country, but gd, most of ya all are too stubborn or lazy to change your lifestyle".

Given enough time, I think any of us could have become his target victims. Guy was full of rage.

Last edited:
Shooter: I was inspired by Tr*mp
Media: What could have caused this?
Shooter: Look at this cool photo of Tr*mp spelled out with firearms
Media: He probably played too much Fortnite
Shooter: It’s like Tr*mp said, Hispanics are invading us
Media: We May never know
Is there a link or is this your opinion.

He also stated in the crap he published on line, that he despised "race mixers" so pretty much anyone there could have been acceptable targets to this twisted nutter.
Makes me wish I could gift him a 23&Me profile in jail, so he can learn more about his own mixed race heritage, because it seems like very few of the profiles I’ve heard of are “pure” anything!

Texas Lt. Gov Warns Antifa: ‘Stay Out Of Texas’ In Wake Of Walmart Shooting

Just more deflection/distraction/pandering to their particular base. We can and should get better at seeing through this and voting out any public servants who play games like this. They need to focus on assisting victims and improving prevention & response. My opinion only.[/
Terrorists and those who support breaking the law do not deserve a caring response.
antifa are terrorists as well and don’t belong there either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member