Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #11 *GUILTY*

So if they find yyz remains, could they trial him for murder ? Another charge ?

Last edited:
My father has been a garbage man for 30 years. He said upon arriving back to his work office back in January, the FBI had the exact landfill “ticket” that was given to my dad on June 12th 2017. I asked my dad how hard it would be to find her body his response “not impossible, on the ticket is where the garbage was dumped in particular cells
Of the landfill”
In the UK Corrie Mckeague case they said that too almost the same words, that it was in a particular cell. They never found anything except a skull that wasn't his. They searched for months so please everyone we must not get our hopes up.

It is a different offence ?
Even if finding her body could result in extra charges, they aren’t going to go to the expense of a trial for someone who already has LWOP. The only way they would do that is if by some crazy miracle for him, his previous conviction was overturned. Neither of these things is going to happen.

There are lots of people either with LWOP or on death row who could have further charges brought, but we do not bother.

JMHO...

It is really too bad that once LE figured Yingying was dead they didn't search the obvious...the landfill where the Stonegate Apartments garbage pickup is hauled to. Start with the obvious and work your way from there.

Murderers come in all types and BC seems to be the least sophisticated and the laziest type.

I was sure he utilized the JR property across the street, but he was too lazy to even cross the street.
I'm not at all sure the JR site is out of the question.
Low budget, low priority, lots of noise , very little actual searching, until proven otherwise.
He purchased food storage containers, but they were not shown in evidence so we have no idea what size they were or what he could have used them for.
It is likely there are 2 locations, minimal , if her body is in one, dismembered or intact.
Then there was the second trip out with the duffle-bag that was not quite full and not empty either though possibly containing body parts or her belongings. Possibly in food storage containers.

There is NO evidence he dismembered her.
I think he was far too lazy to undertake quch an arduous task.
Assuming he had pre-planned a disposal site, possibly pre-prepared it too, it is still likely and possible it is close to his apartment.
UNLESS they have actually found her already I'd be disregarding the rumor.
Media were served with the offering 'her body is irretrievable and probably dissolved' immediately after the trial. According to 'authorities'.
Anonymous authorities.
U of I police did not support that theory and they were highly involved from the outset.
It is suspicious.
There seems to be no will to search for her- interviewing the dumpster-man in JANUARY'19????
BC is a liar.

Details are in Aaron Eades notes. He left with the duffle=bag on Monday. Not Sunday night or Saturday night or tonight. Now whereas it's fine not to believe MZ, but-it's not find to change narrative to suit a belief.
Either way, point is moot.
There is no division on when he took it out just like there is no evidence so far that she is lying in a dump in any county just like there was no evidence to support a 'dissolved body' immediately after the trial...
There needs to be a new search.
A rumor a day won't sort it as it hasn't sorted it for more than 2 years.
Did the FBI search dumps in 2017 or did they neglect that little detail and if so why?

January '19- is 19 months after a murder and they just got round to checking waste disposal slips then?
If he put the duffle in the dumpster Monday then assuming it was after 5 a.m. (was it? I haven't seen the notes) then it would be there till the following week and in a different area to the remains possibly.

I'm not at all sure the JR site is out of the question.
Low budget, low priority, lots of noise , very little actual searching, until proven otherwise.
He purchased food storage containers, but they were not shown in evidence so we have no idea what size they were or what he could have used them for.
It is likely there are 2 locations, minimal , if her body is in one, dismembered or intact.
Then there was the second trip out with the duffle-bag that was not quite full and not empty either though possibly containing body parts or her belongings. Possibly in food storage containers.

There is NO evidence he dismembered her.
I think he was far too lazy to undertake quch an arduous task.
Assuming he had pre-planned a disposal site, possibly pre-prepared it too, it is still likely and possible it is close to his apartment.
UNLESS they have actually found her already I'd be disregarding the rumor.
Media were served with the offering 'her body is irretrievable and probably dissolved' immediately after the trial. According to 'authorities'.
Anonymous authorities.
U of I police did not support that theory and they were highly involved from the outset.
It is suspicious.
There seems to be no will to search for her- interviewing the dumpster-man in JANUARY'19????
BC is a liar.
Perhaps the defence know what the containers were used for and it came out in the plea negotiations so they couldn't refer to them in the trial. I have never heard of such plea deals where they then could not discuss the subsequent evidence. That would mean bring up anything in the plea deal that you want hidden at trial. Crazy situation IMO.

I'm not sure what this means.. looks like another postponement of presser?

Just got word that this press conference has been postponed. I will let you know when we find out the corrected date.
Quote Tweet

EYLV1VNJ_normal.jpg

Courtney Bunting

@cbuntingWCIA3
· 1h
The University of Illinois will announce an endowment in Yingying Zhang's honor on Wednesday. It will be called Yingying's Fund. @WCIA3 @Illinois_Alma (link: University to announce endowment in Yingying Zhang’s honor) wcia.com/news/universit…

I'm not sure what this means.. looks like another postponement of presser?

Just got word that this press conference has been postponed. I will let you know when we find out the corrected date.
Quote Tweet

EYLV1VNJ_normal.jpg

Courtney Bunting

@cbuntingWCIA3
· 1h
The University of Illinois will announce an endowment in Yingying Zhang's honor on Wednesday. It will be called Yingying's Fund. @WCIA3 @Illinois_Alma (link: University to announce endowment in Yingying Zhang’s honor) wcia.com/news/universit…

Just clarification, but the newspaper report doesn't give the date of the news conference, only saying it will be "later this month." That gives me a sense that it will be later than Wednesday.

It also states that the Zhang family provided the lead gift for the endowment. My assumption is that this is coming from some of the money in the fundraiser. I hope that is another indication that they feel confident as to the information on the location of her remains, and won't need to use the bulk of those funds for searching.

Just clarification, but the newspaper report doesn't give the date of the news conference, only saying it will be "later this month." That gives me a sense that it will be later than Wednesday.

It also states that the Zhang family provided the lead gift for the endowment. My assumption is that this is coming from some of the money in the ******** fundraiser. I hope that is another indication that they feel confident as to the information on the location of her remains, and won't need to use the bulk of those funds for searching.
Those were Courtney's tweeted words.
The Gazette report stated 'sometime this month'
The NBC report more or less stated dump is not being taken seriously as a location and was known from outset... but never searched because they simply did not believe him.

So it sounds as if any forthcoming presser will be about the memorial endowment for YY (which is wonderful), but not about any landfill search info, which seems to be viewed very skeptically by authorities — and I agree with them that BC could easily have lied about disposal placement if he thought it would buy him some time or escape the DP. Or does anyone feel the presser will cover more than the endowment?

So it sounds as if any forthcoming presser will be about the memorial endowment for YY (which is wonderful), but not about any landfill search info, which seems to be viewed very skeptically by authorities — and I agree with them that BC could easily have lied about disposal placement if he thought it would buy him some time or escape the DP. Or does anyone feel the presser will cover more than the endowment?
I doubt it.
The original 'dissolved irretrievable body from 'authorised sources' story was leaked immediately after the case.
However Steve Beckett was quoted in the dump story as if it was the headline...
There's a lot of confusion going on here from journos who have not been confused or anything but clear in the past.
I think dump=irretrievable just as dissolved=irretrievable.

Is there any actual evidence she is irretrievable?
If so I have not seen it and I'd much prefer they kept that money for another search but reading the fabulous story from Joe in Gazette earlier it could be that they are honoring her generous nature and spirit by making the donation.
I sincerely hope it's not at the expense of a search.
I hope the state funds another search.

U. of I. Names Endowment in Honor of Slain Scholar Yingying Zhang

Zhang’s parents, Ronggao Zhang and Lifeng Ye, brother Zhengyang Zhang and fiancé Xiaolin Hou traveled to the U.S. shortly after her disappearance and vowed not to leave until Yingying was found. Her remains have never been recovered, but the Zhang’s family attorney last week announced they have received new information about where her body may be.

A press conference announcing the endowment was planned for Wednesday morning on campus, but has since been postponed at the request of the Zhang’s family attorney. A new date has not yet been scheduled.

Those were Courtney's tweeted words.
The Gazette report stated 'sometime this month'
The NBC report more or less stated dump is not being taken seriously as a location and was known from outset... but never searched because they simply did not believe him.

I just watched that. I got the sense that they are skeptical but not totally dismissive.

You are right that that landfill has been on their radar from the beginning. I'm sure they never committed to searching it because they were not able to corroborate any information they had.

I had hoped he had finally cracked and given some information, but it could be that he is still being a cruel monster, and will continue torturing the family with false leads. Hopefully the press conference Becket mentioned for Wednesday is still on, and we will find out more details then.

I am really curious as to who the immunity was for. One of his legal team, BC himself..... or someone else?

I just watched that. I got the sense that they are skeptical but not totally dismissive.

You are right that that landfill has been on their radar from the beginning. I'm sure they never committed to searching it because they were not able to corroborate any information they had.

I had hoped he had finally cracked and given some information, but it could be that he is still being a cruel monster, and will continue torturing the family with false leads. Hopefully the press conference Becket mentioned for Wednesday is still on, and we will find out more details then.

I am really curious as to who the immunity was for. One of his legal team, BC himself..... or someone else?
Immunity was cited as for his defense to 'grant' this useless heap of information, unworkable and unusable.
It is indeed likely he also lied to them.
I wondered, at the time, how Eliz Pollock really felt when she left the courthouse that day, having shed actual tears in an effort to protect her client?

If he's saying she's in landfill, all chopped up, the chances are she is anywhere but.
I think Wednesday has been cancelled as per Courtney's tweet wcia...
If there was any real talk of a new search we would have heard it by now....

Another aspect that often crossed my mind and keeps returning is that he very much wants nobody to ever find her because an autopsy and forensic analysis of whatever remains of her could portray a far more gruesome torture and death than we know about....
I keep receiving this notion that he threw her into a shaft, like a mine shaft.. it makes no sense to me... I couldn't even locate a single manhole from the maps on street...
Possibly there are some in the JR site...or maybe he drove to one... no way of knowing and all useless boring speculation on my part, but had he done that, the bag would have been empty when Michelle saw him take it out of the apartment, Monday.. he told her it contained a cat-tree.. they're usually tall and odd shaped.. is it possible that from the outside that the shape of whatever was in the bag resembled that?

waffle waffle...

Heres a creepy thought that crawled into my head.......I'm pretty sure there's still a $50,000 reward for info leading to her body. Hmmmm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back