TX - Margarita Brooks, 30, killed by police officer who shot at dog, Arlington, 1 Aug 2019 *arrest*

So do you mean that this shooting (and the Costco shooting) is justifiable because other police in another part of the U.S. did what is their job?
I was replying to someone who said “cops scare the hell out of me.” And thinking about people who have said they have no use for cops.

I’m sure the hundreds of people in the Oregon District were happy that there were police officers there who took out the shooter within less than a minute. This tragedy could have been much, much worse.

By the words "This tragedy ..." above I assume that you refer to what happened in the Oregon District? But the death of Margarita Victoria Brooks isn't also a tragedy, to her and to those who loved her?

Last edited:
By the words "This tragedy ..." above I assume that you refer to what happened in the Oregon District? But the death of Margarita Victoria Brooks isn't also a tragedy, to her and to those who loved her?
And I said as much. It was a tragic accident, and if an officer is so afraid of a dog that he has to shoot at it when it looks like it is not posing a threat (in my opinion) then he should not be a police officer.

I am sure he was not intending to shoot Margarita. I have known people who are terrified of even small dogs. But someone who is afraid of dogs does not have the aptitude to be a police officer.

Young rookie officer may explain at least part of hid reaction to the dogs forward movement as well such a sad incident.My heart aches for Margarita and her loved ones and her little buddy that was watching out for her :(
I feel so sad for all of them, and hope that someone will take good care of the dog, he deserves it.

Me too he should have not shot. Poor doggie just protecting her owner I'm very angry .
How traumatic for the dog to see the owner he was trying to protect killed in front of him.

I searched for reports about where the dog was placed but all I found was that he was being checked by a veterinarian. Hoping that a family member or good rescue takes care of him.

Am with you 100 percent on that, he or she deserves some one to care for ! Anyone local ?? That might be interested in tracking Margarita's little friend ? :)
If anyone is a better sleuth than I, please let me know if you come across any info on the dog.

This young man has to live with this every day for the rest of his life. Incredibly sorry for all involved here. Hope Margarita's boyfriend can get the dog, last I found he or she was in quarantine. Hope the dog doesn't have to give his/her life as well :(
He'll get over it. Shoot First, ask questions later. That's their motto! Is he on paid vacation right now?

Young rookie officer may explain at least part of hid reaction to the dogs forward movement as well such a sad incident.My heart aches for Margarita and her loved ones and her little buddy that was watching out for her :(
When you're a "rookie" they give you your 1st Kill for Free! I'm sure he'll eventually get the hang of that whole shooting a loaded weapon thing.

Am not sure of the officer's status.I believe he's Arlington PD if you want to find out. Assume they are investigating this incident. But am not sure. MOO

Thanks for that article IceIce9. Just so d*"m sad all the way around :(

Grand Jury Returns Criminal Indictment Of Arlington Officer Who Shot, Killed Margarita “Maggie” Brooks

A Tarrant County grand jury has indicted Ravi Singh, the former Arlington police officer who fatally shot Margarita Brooks during a welfare check after firing his weapon at a dog coming toward him.

They indicted him for criminally negligent homicide, which carries a punishment range of 180 days to 2 years in prison.

The shooting recorded on Singh’s body camera shows him approaching Brooks and asking if she is okay. After asking if an unrestrained dog belonged to her, the animal starts running toward Singh and he yells “Get back!” before firing three shots. Brooks is immediately heard in the background screaming “What the *advertiser censored**?! Oh my God — the police shot me!” She was taken to Medical City Arlington Hospital but died from her injuries.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back