Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in Ontario and there is no "sizable police operation" here, there are simply so many rumours that they have had to place ONE officer in charge of the rumour mill.

Aussie press does not have a presence here, have not sent people here, so it is ok for them to publish any third-hand or social media gossip because they won't put the resources into decent (quality, moral) reporting? It is never ok to publish unverified information. The behaviour of the Aussie press is abhorrent.

Hold on a sec. There are bona fide journalistic outlets and trashy tabloids in most countries. The UK, for example, has The Guardian/Daily Mail, Canada has the Globe & Mail/The Star, and I haven't a clue what the Aussies have but I am betting they also have both qualities of "news." The trashy tabloids in all countries are the ones picking up the rumours and disseminating them as fact.

None. First we heard that there were 2 murders, 4 days later a burned truck and another murder. Police were initially unable to connect them. All of a sudden, the drivers of the burned truck were suspects and connected to all three murders. I'm guessing that all three victims were killed with the same gun.

There's no clear information that the Rav4 belonged to the professor, but the timing is such that the Rav4 was found, and then the professor was identified. I'm again guessing that the professor is the registered owner of the Rav4, and I agree that this connection was enough to charge the suspect with 2nd degree murder.

The person who was seen talking to the couple at 11:30PM on July 14 was about the same height as 6'3" Lucas Fowler, he had a beard, Caucasian and darker skin (tan). It sounds like there's a good chance that the witness saw Kam talking to the first two victims.

I made the assumption that the RAV4 belonged to Mr. Dyck but as you say, that has not actually been established.

The person seen with the tourist couple was said to be shorter than LF who is 6'-3". Perhaps the witness that saw them together has been questioned and identified KM as the person they saw.

It seems that if all 3 were shot by the same gun, that would be the connection between the two crimes but maybe too weak to proceed with more charges. I don't think that info was released about Mr. Dyck, perhaps that's one of the details intentionally withheld. Thanks for the info.

I cannot recollect right now but were KM & BS actually seen at the sight of the burning Rav 4?

I am still wondering if someone else drove the Rav 4 to Gillam for them?
I think the last sighting was Split Lake at 4pm July 22nd, could they have "split" from there...pun intended. :)

They were not seen at the site of the fire, but they were stopped near Split Lake after they bought gas.

I think it's safe to assume the most obvious. Three victims in 2 different places connected to the same suspects - probably all shot with the same gun. A man described as the same height and with a beard like Kam was seen talking to 2 victims at 11:30PM on the night they were murdered - probably Kam. The 3rd victim was identified after the Rav4 was found - probably the owner of the Rav4. The suspects were last seen driving the Rav4 and they torched another vehicle - probably the suspects who torched it.

I cannot recollect right now but were KM & BS actually seen at the sight of the burning Rav 4?

I am still wondering if someone else drove the Rav 4 to Gillam for them?
I think the last sighting was Split Lake at 4pm July 22nd, could they have "split" from there...pun intended. :)

No, they were not seen at the Rav4 fire. Split Lake was the last sighting.

Another point: what is the time and date of LD's death? Unknown. We know when he was found.

It’s one mile from the main road to the rail line. An earlier post quoted the man who found the car said & photographed the flames nearly reached the power lines, putting it closer to the tracks than the road.
I actually looked up the CP Rail passenger schedule. They leave Winnipeg to go to Churchill twice a week. Tuesdays and Sundays. It takes 45 hours to to Churchill and then comes back the other way. It stops in Gillam and goes through a ton of little places including Bird. Not sure how fast it travels as a passenger train....probably couldn’t jump on but who knows...

Apologies if this has been discussed already somewhere, I'm still catching up on some of the details ...

Has there been any information released that actually connects KM and BS to the murders of LF and CD? Is there something that puts them at that murder scene? I assume that they have been formally charged with the murder of Mr. Dyck because they were driving his vehicle so there is clearly a connection; they are still 'suspects' in the LF /CD murder because a link between them and that crime is not as clear. I am not 100% convinced that they were involved in that crime. Has the 'person of interest' that was seen speaking to (arguing with?) Mr. Fowler ever been identified and/or located?

As far as I know there has been no information released to explain the link between the 2 crimes, other than, of course, the RCMP naming them as suspects.
I agree with you @PNZ, I am not convinced yet that they are guilty.
I am not defending them in anyway, and I do believe they are involved in the death of Mr Dyck, but my inquiring mind is searching for that piece that links KM & BS to both crimes. JMO

The Eighth Avenue Learning Center may be supplemental tutoring. It isn’t known yet what this is. It contradicts Bryer’s Dad’s on-camera interview stating both boys graduated high school together, worked 5 weeks, then left on trip.

Extended video from Monday: Father of Port Alberni suspect in northern B.C. murder case speaks to CHEK News

Isn't there a thing in Canada to do a fifth year of high school as sort of a breather before adulthood or to figure out what to do after high school? I know there was a Canadian fashion blogger I followed back in the day and she talked about taking a fifth year of high school and how it was common to do it in Canada...I think she called it a "victory lap." But she lived in Ontario so I don't know if that's a British Columbia thing too. But anyway could that explain the discrepancy if he took a fifth year?

I actually looked up the CP Rail passenger schedule. They leave Winnipeg to go to Churchill twice a week. Tuesdays and Sundays. It takes 45 hours to to Churchill and then comes back the other way. It stops in Gillam and goes through a ton of little places including Bird. Not sure how fast it travels as a passenger train....probably couldn’t jump on but who knows...

I heard trains up there move really slowly due to the terrain.

Another point: what is the time and date of LD's death? Unknown. We know when he was found.

The truck was found burning, the body was 2 km South of the burning truck. It seems likely that the suspects had just left the burning scene when it was discovered. Prof Dyck was probably murdered at most an hour earlier - since he was not hidden and they wanted to get away before the body and truck were discovered.

Isn't there a thing in Canada to do a fifth year of high school as sort of a breather before adulthood or to figure out what to do after high school? I know there was a Canadian fashion blogger I followed back in the day and she talked about taking a fifth year of high school and how it was common to do it in Canada...I think she called it a "victory lap." But she lived in Ontario so I don't know if that's a British Columbia thing too. But anyway could that explain the discrepancy if he took a fifth year?

I heard trains up there move really slowly due to the terrain.

Bryer should have graduated this year at the age of 18, so there are 12 grades.

They were not seen at the site of the fire, but they were stopped near Split Lake after they bought gas.

I think it's safe to assume the most obvious. Three victims in 2 different places connected to the same suspects - probably all shot with the same gun. A man described as the same height and with a beard like Kam was seen talking to 2 victims at 11:30PM on the night they were murdered - probably Kam. The 3rd victim was identified after the Rav4 was found - probably the owner of the Rav4. The suspects were last seen driving the Rav4 and they torched another vehicle - probably the suspects who torched it.

@otto, respectfully read, but I am just not a fan of assuming and I never feel "it is safe to assume". :)

As far as I know there has been no information released to explain the link between the 2 crimes, other than, of course, the RCMP naming them as suspects.
I agree with you @PNZ, I am not convinced yet that they are guilty.
I am not defending them in anyway, and I do believe they are involved in the death of Mr Dyck, but my inquiring mind is searching for that piece that links KM & BS to both crimes. JMO

The longer it goes without them actually being charged, the more I wonder what evidence there is linking them to Chynna and Lucas' murders besides the fact that they killed Professor Dyck. The police almost certainly have information they haven't released obviously. But I wonder why the police have not charged them after this long. And I wonder where the gun came from if they did kill Chynna and Lucas.

It was 11:30 at night, dark, she was driving by and did not like what she saw in terms of body language between the three, so she kept on driving. It would not surprise me if she made mistakes about the vehicle details.
RCMP provided the vehicle description and sketch. RCMP stopped mentioning him as a "person of interest" after some time, because of good reasons.

Speculation about that man, including his resemblance to KM or other fugitive killers, is a distraction from tracing KM/BS.

I agree that the contents likely belonged to Mr. Dyck. I don’t think the boys would have brought pork chops and sardines on their journey. I think they belonged to poor Mr. Dyck and it’s these little details and insight into the victims’ lives that just makes my heart break. They were all just enjoying life and then it ended so senselessly.
Awww wow I never thought of that. It is a bit heartbreaking thinking it might be a glimpse into the victims lives. :(

It seems entirely plausible, what teens like sardines??

Hey guys! Long time lurker (15 years) but a sporadic poster. Anyhow.....going to throw my 2cents in and tell ya'll what I think as to why they haven't been heard or seen. Maybe they split up after the murders....that would be a smart move because all of the alerts and warnings are telling the public to be on the lookout for 2 6'3 young men, not 1. So everyone is looking for 2 6'3 young men, not paying too much attention to just 1 6'3 guy.. if they somehow have run into two girls...they may have hooked up with them and the girls have taken them to their place, and after a few days of lying low, they split into couples and go in different directions or just stay holed up with the local girls. Ya know "young love" will do anything for their boyfriend...Just sayin" :)

That would be VIA Rail. CP only has freight trains, no passenger.

@otto, respectfully read, but I am just not a fan of assuming and I never feel "it is safe to assume". :)

I hear you. That is the problem: if they split at Split Lake. If someone took the Rav4 on a joy ride from there and torched it, would they come forward now, knowing all the trouble it would cause?

And around in circles we go.

I used exactly the same "split" pun in an early post! At that time I thought they could have taken a boat or the ferry or gotten a ride to a hydro camp.

But after carefully reading the band Constable's comment, it seems that they left Split Lake after one hour, still driving the RAV4. If someone gave them a ride from 280 or 290 routes, they are not coming forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam