OH - 9 killed + Gunman, 16 injured, Mass Shooting, Oregon District, Dayton, 4 Aug 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, likely most of these people in this video would have been killed if those officers wouldn’t have been at the right place at the right time.

Which also makes me wonder. If he was there in the area with his sister and friend earlier in the night before they split up, wouldn’t he know there was heavy police presence? I would think that would be a deterrent.

Apparently their presence was because the time of night, it's when the bars close down. Making sure that they do stop serving and looking for drunk drivers I suppose. Must be common SOP for most cities.

. HS principal’s should be required to have a spine.

Not saying this spineless wonder could have prevented the tragedy. Sadly, we’ll never know. But he sure as hell didn’t help.
You'd be surprised how many Principals don't "have a spine". After some 40ish years of dealing with schools it comes as absolutely no shock to me.

Last year, a kid in my daughter's middle school, started threatening other kids, both in school and out (on social media) .

My Daughter shows me a group chat one night where the kids says:

"(Safeguard's little) Better stop sticking up for, (her friends name), or she could get hurt, or worse "

Another student asks him, "what do you mean, or worse??" And he replies,

"She could get killed" "Let's just say it involves a knife" but I'm not going to kill anyone yet."

I took her phone to the school, and showed it to them, (there were other messages he sent to the group chat, about rape and violence directed towards specific children including my child that I can't even post here they are that vulgar. ), You know what was done?

They took pics of the messages, had a meeting with his parents and suspended him for ONE day.

Principle literally said to me, "Sometimes good kids make poor choices" .

Last edited:
RSBM
Bleh, I can't imagine how sick those girls must have felt attending school with him.
He also had a plan to shoot up the school in 2010/2011.
Dayton Gunman Reportedly Suspended From High School for Writing “Hit List” on Wall
Most of all I want to know
1. What the hell did the school do to "fix" the situation?
2. Did he recieve therapy/counseling? And for how long?
3. Why the **** was he accepted back to the school? Apology letters? That would just bring trauma back to the girls who were in fear of being raped and killed.
4. Was local LE aware of his threats and attempted actions?
I hope and pray that this wasn't a preventable situation, like Nickolas Cruz. If it was we haven't learned anything from these past two decades of constant mass shootings... MOO

Edit: I'll see you all in the morning, I'm getting too angry and there's no way that I can express it except for making comments that are against TOS.
I feel sick even saying this, but if there's another shooting could someone please PM me? Thanks.
Have a good night, I hope we get some more news on his motive tomorrow.
As always, MOO.
He was able to pass the background check to purchase the gun so obviously his record was clean. His actions did not follow him.

Even if the loser behaved perfectly after readmittance (and there’s no guarantee he would) the innocent students on his “hit list” should have the right to go to school without sharing the halls with someone who threatened to rape, kill and/or skin them.

If he wrote individual apology letters to all of them in his own blood, that kid still should never have been allowed to step foot in a public school again. Let him graduate from an online program.

His HS Principal made this comment following the shooting, when asked about the hit list incident:

“When asked about the list, Chris Baker, who until recently was principal of the Bellbrook High School, pretty much confirmed the information even though he refused to get into details. “I would not dispute that information,” he said, “but I don’t want to get involved any more than just making that comment.”

The bolded section (BBM) made me come unglued. He probably didn’t want to be any more involved than necessary with the hit list incident when it happened either. I don’t think his lack of further comment is for the sake of an ongoing investigation— if it was, he would have said so. Maybe he feels bad, but IMO his desire to avoid conflict and cover his own *advertiser censored* trumps everything else. Not a great example to set for young people, and certainly not what you’d hope for from a school leader. HS principal’s should be required to have a spine.

Not saying this spineless wonder could have prevented the tragedy. Sadly, we’ll never know. But he sure as hell didn’t help.
There was a girl in my daughter’s middle school who had a hit list and was captured on video saying she was going to bring a gun to school to kill them. It was reported to authorities and they severely punished her...with half a day of out of school suspension.

They sent out a statement saying that the matter was confidential but the school was assuring us that the incident was being investigated and no “legitimate” threat was found, because she didn’t have access to a gun.

As if they would have actually known if she did? I was furious. Our district had several incidents of guns and knives brought to school last year along with threats and nothing is done. Maybe a day of out of school suspension.

It terrifies me.

There was a girl in my daughter’s middle school who had a hit list and was captured on video saying she was going to bring a gun to school to kill them. It was reported to authorities and they severely punished her...with half a day of out of school suspension.

They sent out a statement saying that the matter was confidential but the school was assuring us that the incident was being investigated and no “legitimate” threat was found, because she didn’t have access to a gun.

As if they would have actually known if she did? I was furious. Our district had several incidents of guns and knives brought to school last year along with threats and nothing is done. Maybe a day of out of school suspension.

It terrifies me.
Unfortunately it's a regular occurrence at many schools.
Sometimes rather than let the school handle it, it's better to call the police and file a report if someone is being threatened. Imo

You'd be surprised how many Principals don't "have a spine". After some 40ish years of dealing with schools it comes as absolutely no shock to me.

Last year, a kid in my daughter's middle school, started threatening other kids, both in school and out (on social media) .

My Daughter shows me a group chat one night where the kids says:

"(Safeguard's little) Better stop sticking up for, (her friends name), or she could get hurt, or worse "

Another student asks him, "what do you mean, or worse??" And he replies,

"She could get killed" "Let's just say it involves a knife" but I'm not going to kill anyone yet."

I took her phone to the school, and showed it to them, (there were other messages he sent to the group chat, about rape and violence directed towards specific children including my child that I can't even post here they are that vulgar. ), You know what was done?

They took pics of the messages, had a meeting with his parents and suspended him for ONE day.

Principle literally said to me, "Sometimes good kids make poor choices" .
I just posted a similar story.

Few people want to deal with this, and those that do are met with resistance and a lack of options for what to do.

But this is going to keep happening when these kids keep getting passes on their bad behavior.

Yup. There's always some kind of personal grievance.
Sometimes I think it's not necessarily towards any specific thing, they just hate everybody.
It's them against the world.

They are angry at the world and then for some reason it all channels to one individual or group. They focus all their anger and resentment on that one individual person or group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member