Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
People getting shot to death in an old blue van on the Alaska Highway. A flagger nearly getting abducted by men in a blue van on the Alaska Highway, a few weeks later. What is going on?

The first, a blue van from Hudson's Hope. The second, a blue van heading toward Hudson's Hope.

If I were the Australian media, I'd be asking questions right now.

Another misleading AU report - Sundance is not a ghost town. It was just a work camp that was relocated after the construction on the hydro dams was complete.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2019/08/06/canada-murders-divers/
Manhunt for killer teens moves to Canadian ghost town

Hydro workers lived there so it had town facilities on a small scale.

“The town was mostly trailers and portable buildings with an elementary school, grocery store, community center & a few other small stores.”

Sundance, Manitoba - Wikipedia

Not gonna lie, I actually started giggling when I first read about the porkchops because it struck me as such an oddly impractical thing to eat in a vehicle while driving cross-country. Not only because you'd need a place to cook them, but they just seem kind of messy to eat in a car. Just seems like a lot of other foods would be way more convenient.

I mean like...of course these guys are going to eat some random-*advertiser censored* food like pork chops instead of normal road trip food. It's these guys. Nothing else they did made any kind of sense either, so sure, why not.

They're just a couple dumb, scared kids.

The suit was apparently for Bryer to attend graduation ceremonies, given he was seen wearing it on his graduation day.

We have absolutely no evidence of anything else and no reason to assume otherwise.
Seems odd to me that they would leave behind computer(s), which young men would likely have an attachment to, but take a suit with them. I know suits are easier to carry...but why bother? Unless they had a plan for the suit.

Hold on a sec. There are bona fide journalistic outlets and trashy tabloids in most countries. The UK, for example, has The Guardian/Daily Mail, Canada has the Globe & Mail/The Star, and I haven't a clue what the Aussies have but I am betting they also have both qualities of "news." The trashy tabloids in all countries are the ones picking up the rumours and disseminating them as fact.

Globe & Mail - are you saying it's a trashy tabloid? I don't know about The Star, but tabloid I would not call G&M.

"The Globe and Mail is regarded by some as Canada's "newspaper of record".[3][4][5][6]"

The Globe and Mail - Wikipedia

The Mystery of the Pork Chops.

You can’t even get pork chops at restaurants anymore! I think I’ve been to two restaurants in my 40 years that have served pork chops. So not likely leftovers. Could they have been what was allegedly stolen from the co-op??

You can’t even get pork chops at restaurants anymore! I think I’ve been to two restaurants in my 40 years that have served pork chops. So not likely leftovers. Could they have been what was allegedly stolen from the co-op??
I feel like the most likely explanation is probably the saddest--from LD's camping gear. But even then, they'd have to cook the pork chops at some point! And did they have silverware or did they just eat them with their hands? o_O Can you imagine trying to eat pork chops while driving? The logistics of this are mind-boggling! I give up!

SBM

Not gonna lie, I actually started giggling when I first read about the porkchops because it struck me as such an oddly impractical thing to eat in a vehicle while driving cross-country. Not only because you'd need a place to cook them, but they just seem kind of messy to eat in a car. Just seems like a lot of other foods would be way more convenient.

I think the pork chops and sardines were LD’s. When my FIL comes to visit we always cook up pork chops (his fave) and he packs the extras in his cooler for the drive back. He does this multiple times a year. They are whole and wrapped in foil and they just eat them like a
Sandwich. Maybe it's an older generation way of doing things. Maybe LD had a cooler prepped from home with some items precooked.

We do not know how long LD was in the area do we?

Wait, they may have stolen from the co-op where the surveillance footage came from? If so, yet another baffling decision in a laundry list of them.

So now, it's--- "scary music"

The Mystery of the Pork Chops.

If they had a fill of tasty Chicken Poutine in Split Lake, WHERE did the pork chops come from ? Eh?

Don't pork chops seem, odd? Where did they get them? Did they cook them themselves?
I'll admit, I missed the article about the pork chops, so I may be way off based, but I wonder if LD's wife possibly packed them for his road trip? Seems like something an older married couple would do, IMO.

Wait, they may have stolen from the co-op where the surveillance footage came from? If so, yet another baffling decision in a laundry list of them.
There's been some speculation that BS's fidgetiness in the video is because he was shoplifting. I think it is possible but could also be garden-variety fidgeting. I find the idea of shoplifting pork chops baffling, but I suppose if anyone would, it would be these 2.

I always assumed they were part of some sort of MRE or something. It is a very random road trip food though. Also why only half eat them and then why leave the half-eaten remains in the car? I mean I guess if they were part of an MRE that could answer it because MREs are apparently disgusting.
Rationing their food? Maybe they were saving the other half for later. Or to distract bears LOL

Having worked and been on school board in BC for over 20 years for a bit of clarification its not only delinquents - Alternative Schools in BC are also for students who can't quite function in a normal class room for many reasons but can excel in a different format in alternative. In Bryer's case his dad had said he quit in Grade 10, so I assume the alternative was an option suggested to him, at least to get a GED, I don't know if Kam had quit school too or there are different reasons for him going to that style. Most often Alternative programs are also connected to example the high schools, it appears both boys received their graduation status and likely participated in the regular graduation ceremonies with the whole regular grad class from the highschool.

I doubt they'd offer him the GED. BC got rid of it almost five years ago. Unless he started at the school after turning 18 he would have been too young to take the Adult Dogwood since that's offered to 18 and older.

But yeah, alternate schools are not just for delinquents. I'm in BC's Fraser Valley and many of the kids in these programs are like you said, students who can't quite function. Some of them suffer from anxiety and depression, or just need to be able to learn at their own pace. My 17 year old suffers from severe social anxiety and attends one that is in the high school. They go for two days a week and do their school work online.

I think the pork chops and sardines were LD’s. When my FIL comes to visit we always cook up pork chops (his fave) and he packs the extras in his cooler for the drive back. He does this multiple times a year. They are whole and wrapped in foil and they just eat them like a
Sandwich. Maybe it's an older generation way of doing things. Maybe LD had a cooler prepped from home with some items precooked.

We do not know how long LD was in the area do we?
What’s a FIL?

I have a non-porkchop related question. So if they just never turn up and their bodies are never found, will the RCMP ever release additional information? Like cause of death? Or how they connected the murders to the suspects? Or is this all we’ll ever know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong