CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if this truck and RV were purchased new. I read somewhere it was purchased recently. Curious about what RV and truck they owned previously. Maybe BT found out about money she did not know they had for this purchase. Or perhaps the previous RV or truck is relevent to her dissapearance, used for unethical use, planning ..''scouting'' for a spot to make a person disappear.

Very good point. Especially if the new RV has been purchased recently it would be very wise to look into what you mentioned just to cover all possibilities.

barbara's whereabouts are being discussed. The person who was with her when she disappeared is part of the discussion.

Perhaps we are speaking of the same thing, maybe not. I would like the opportunity to clarify.

I was referring to the specific whereabouts of RT after BT disappearance. As an example, he was at the X Lounge. The focus here is RT specifically. His current whereabouts are being discussed, not BT.

I find that concerning. Can we re-visit that info and look abit deeper into her friendships and social involvement anywhere apart from her marriage?
If she was a recluse that could be a red flag as potentionally in cases of abusive marriages its often not physical violence but rather control and isolation from other relationships in order to "own" the victim (just talking generally here not trying to accuse RT of anything)
As she had travelled alone to Hong Kong last year and was about to do so again, I don't think she was "controlled" or "isolated" by anyone.

As she had travelled alone to Hong Kong last year and was about to do so again, I don't think she was "controlled" or "isolated" by anyone.

This may well be correct here.

But just noting that in general, DV is something that can escalate quickly, or slowly. People who experience abuse can travel alone, especially if an abuser is sure they are scared/invested enough to toe the line, or if there's money to be made, or the abuser gets a chance to have some "free time" for other activities. *ETA that an abuser who is trying to be what they see is a supportive spouse may also "let them travel", but then be so wracked with anxiety and paranoia that it becomes a point of contention. Again, just a reminder that DV is complex in its execution, if not its motives. Not a statement about the Thomas marriage at all.

Last edited:
I don't remember a trip last year but dbdb11 said she visited a few months ago. MOO
Only Barb was coming, and she made a similar solo trip a few months back.

All flights were booked and she had a hotel reservation as well.

She spoke to my father and his wife last Wed and mentioned upcoming camping trip.

I don't think we can assume any of this, only that nobody is talking to the media.
As for "online presence", a lot of older people aren't into social media. OTOH, I don't have an "online presence" in my real name although I'm active in various places.
i have asked. Barb has always been a private person. if she has any friends, not one has stepped forward to share anything. either they are afraid to speak or they dont exist.
this line of thought leads us to some very important questions about the lifestyle her and robbie led, and the nature of their relationship.
at this point, as far as i know, barbs best friend, her collie, is being routinely dropped at the kennel. noone has seen it walked since she disappeared.
according to robbie, barb was best friends with his daughter and his sister.
i know their family is also suffering a family member in poor health just like our family is. my heart goes out to them in this terrible time.
why is noone speaking up for barb since robbie clammed up? it is a very good question imo.
if, as has been suggested, she was trapped in a dangerously controlling relationship, what would be a motive for her disappearance?
a few on this forum have shared their personal stories... suffice to say a relationship can look very rosy from a distance, can even stand up to the scrutiny of close friends and family, and still be a prison of anguish and deception for the one trapped by a controlling spouse.

Barbara did not appear to have any friends.
She also didn't appear to have any involvement with a club, a church, as a volunteer, etc.
She does not have an online presence that I have been able to locate.
Or, if her friends are in Barbara's age range, they might be afraid to come out and talk - especially if they think there is foul play involved.

I don't think you can just assume she has no friends. IMHO

This may well be correct here.

But just noting that in general, DV is something that can escalate quickly, or slowly. People who experience abuse can travel alone, especially if an abuser is sure they are scared/invested enough to toe the line, or if there's money to be made, or the abuser gets a chance to have some "free time" for other activities. *ETA that an abuser who is trying to be what they see is a supportive spouse may also "let them travel", but then be so wracked with anxiety and paranoia that it becomes a point of contention. Again, just a reminder that DV is complex in its execution, if not its motives. Not a statement about the Thomas marriage at all.

Very true general statement.

i have asked. Barb has always been a private person. if she has any friends, not one has stepped forward to share anything. either they are afraid to speak or they dont exist.
this line of thought leads us to some very important questions about the lifestyle her and robbie led, and the nature of their relationship.
at this point, as far as i know, barbs best friend, her collie, is being routinely dropped at the kennel. noone has seen it walked since she disappeared.
according to robbie, barb was best friends with his daughter and his sister.
i know their family is also suffering a family member in poor health just like our family is. my heart goes out to them in this terrible time.
why is noone speaking up for barb since robbie clammed up? it is a very good question imo.
if, as has been suggested, she was trapped in a dangerously controlling relationship, what would be a motive for her disappearance?
a few on this forum have shared their personal stories... suffice to say a relationship can look very rosy from a distance, can even stand up to the scrutiny of close friends and family, and still be a prison of anguish and deception for the one trapped by a controlling spouse.
But she has a son, why hasn't he spoken up for his mother?

I’m close to Barb’s age and I would certainly be talking at least to LE if I knew anything that might help find what happened to a missing friend. I can’t think why age would matter.
Quoting myself as I can’t edit - I just realized you probably meant a friend might be unwilling to speak in public or be quoted. That makes sense if they fear a perp. I still hope I would have the courage to take some action if it were my friend.

I’m still getting the vibe that Barb didn’t have much in life that didn’t include RT. If her best friends are really his relatives, I wonder what she did for friendship before they met. Where are those people today?

I’m sad to hear about her dog but at least it’s still alive.

Sorry, haven't really been able to keep up with this thread, and also late to the party. Just wondered:
-Is anyone known to have seen the couple's truck/RV in its stated location prior to when police were called, and if so, at what times?
Nobody to the best of OUR knowledge has seen the couples's truck/RV at that or any other
-How old is Robert?
-I understand search dogs were utilized - did they find any scent of Barbara along the path of where she and Robert were said to have been before she disappeared?
-Have there been any neighbors who've said how the couple interacted or what they are/were like?

1. Nobody to the best of OUR knowledge has seen that truck/RV at that or any other location prior to the 911 call. IMHO, it's something a person might remember driving past.

2. Robert is 72.

3. LE has stated that no evidence of Barbara was found at that location. I don't believe there's been any mention of the dogs picking up a scent, specifically.

4. No neighbors, to the best of my knowledge, have been interviewed.

If I lived in the vicinity, I'd be most curious about whether LE was conducting any searches along the highway(s) toward Las Vegas. Maybe a red cap or a thermal drink mug with beer residue might be found, turning the search in that direction (perhaps intentionally so). IMO

Or, if her friends are in Barbara's age range, they might be afraid to come out and talk - especially if they think there is foul play involved.

I don't think you can just assume she has no friends. IMHO

The VI states in a previous post:
"according to robbie, barb was best friends with his daughter and his sister."

If I lived in the vicinity, I'd be most curious about whether LE was conducting any searches along the highway(s) toward Las Vegas. Maybe a red cap or a thermal drink mug with beer residue might be found, turning the search in that direction (perhaps intentionally so). IMO
Maybe she wasn't wearing a red cap or carrying a thermal drink mug. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member