Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nora's distraught uncle told the Standard relatives are losing hope about her safe return.

Francois Vauquois said: “Both abduction and ‘vanishing’ hypothesis are considered but Nora’s parents are convinced she couldn’t have left on her own. I have to say we are very pessimistic now.”

Police searching for Nora Quoirin 'not ruling out criminal element'

Continued:

"Ultimately, the cases of children go missing abroad are so rare that we tend to know the names of all of them.

"I have spoken with the family. The family are at the heart of this. They live in London, they were on holiday somewhere which borders a jungle. Whilst that can be fantastic for holiday, when something like this happens, it adds to the level of anxiety".

He said Malaysian police "need to consider" all three potential scenarios.

[...]

"They reached out and contacted me because I’m in Ireland and I've got experience of these types of cases. I will give them any advice I can while they are going through this time. I will do whatever I can for the family. She needs to get the attention that she needs until the situation is resolved".

What a fantastic man he is to be helping them from afar

Former Northern Ireland police officer among those advising family of missing teenager, Nora Quoirin

I hate to say it but there are more than 3 possibilities in this case. Just as in the McCann case, Mr Gamble seems to want to ignore the possibility of some sort of parental or family involvement.
I'm not saying there is any evidence of this at the moment that we know of but it is a possibility.

Thank u for saying what I have been thinking in the back of my mind. This case is so unsettling in so many ways. With the parents wigging out on the media and their audacity at the thought of making a statement, I don’t feel very confident that Nora will be found. I am trying to put myself in the parents’ shoes but I don’t understand why this is the stance they are taking. I get they are dealing with a very horrendous situation but I am baffled.

If that photo of Nora & her mother was taken at the resort, I wonder what the situation was. Are there photos of the other two kids at the resort too with mom?

I’m really not trying to cast aspersions at the parents but a lot isn’t adding up.

I'm struggling to make sense of a few of the facts.

She was sharing upstairs sleeping quarters with sister and brother but it's the father who discovered her missing.

She would not go outside without being accompanied by a family member, yet her sister believes she climbed out of the window.

Why is it the sister who discovered the open window, in the living area, and two adults didn't notice it?

I know explanations can be made for these scenarios, they are not outside the realms of possibility, but I find them to be curious details nonetheless.

Some weird points on this case...

Sleeping arrangements and where the idea of window escape came from.
Why would it be an abduction if she was seen going.
Level of ability so we can judge her survival instinct and capabilities.
The refusal to let the children speak to local authorities.
Also the continued portrayal of Malay police. This idea that sending a few white officers from uk will solve it. We need to stop assuming they are all corrupt morons looking for bribes. They know the terrain and the area

Some weird points on this case...

Sleeping arrangements and where the idea of window escape came from.
Why would it be an abduction if she was seen going.
Level of ability so we can judge her survival instinct and capabilities.
The refusal to let the children speak to local authorities.
Also the continued portrayal of Malay police. This idea that sending a few white officers from uk will solve it. We need to stop assuming they are all corrupt morons looking for bribes. They know the terrain and the area

i don't think anyone here (that i've seen) thinks the malaysian police are anything but efficient. i think it's a superb idea that they are letting the locals, who know the grounds and the jungle better than anyone else, participate in the search! i only wish they had allowed that day one, but i understand that the situation has been fluid.

also, she was not seen going out the window, which is why it's such a mystery that has people questioning how that would even be possible.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members