TX - 22 killed, 26 injured at Walmart, Cielo Vista, El Paso, 3 Aug 2019 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you're talking about Benzodiazepines (but should still provide a link), which are highly addictive and if taken with alcohol and/or illicit drugs can have negative side effects. I can't imagine SSRIs under any circumstances would cause anyone to become violent, abusive or a mass murderer. I'd like to see a link to this claim or theory.

Here is one study of many that may give some insight into the concern with SSRIs. Personally, I believe there isn’t one specific thing that leads someone to do this. I think the original poster was just pointing out that it has been a concern in previous mass murders and was questioning if there is a link in these cases. I am all for ending stigma though. Antidepressants increase the risk of suicide, violence and homicide at all ages

Then where did the Manifesto come from ?.....moo
I am 100% sure crusius wrote it.

It lays out so exactly what he planned to do, why, what gear he would use/wear, the weapons/bullets he chose and why he chose them.

Not only that but so many other details that fit to a T. Plus his thoughts and style of expression make it impossible to conclude that anyone else could have written and uploaded that Manifesto IN ADVANCE of the shooting.

It went down exactly as he said it would and when he said it would , with one exception: he said he probably be killed not captured,but you could feel his indecision about that imo.

Imo False Flag nutters do not like the Manifesto and may be behind the claim its fake. (but its not. and I think we're gong to hear more about it as the evidence is gathered for trial)

Last edited:
Walmart CEO pledges 'thoughtful and deliberate' response to El Paso mass shooting - CNN

“New York (CNN Business)Walmart CEO Doug McMillon says the company will respond in a "thoughtful and deliberate" way to the recent fatal shootings at its stores.

But in a post on LinkedIn late Tuesday, he offered no details and company officials say Walmart's policy on gun sales has not changed. “

Snip

“In the wake of the shootings, many people have called on Walmart(WMT) to stop selling firearms. Walmart is one of the largest sellers of guns and ammunition in the United States. The retailer does not sell all types of weapons: It stopped selling assault style rifles in 2015. It only sells handguns in Alaska and last year it stopped selling any gun to a person younger than 21 years old.”
-more at link

——

Walmart under pressure to stop selling guns in wake of latest shooting massacres - CNN

If some ppl start throwing starbucks coffee at ppl are they going to stop selling coffee?

Islamist extremists are especially into suicide bombing and hijacking, at least insofar as attacking America is concerned. Zombie references to those things might suggest at least a fascination on the zombies part with, for instance, Al Qaeda. So, for instance, it might pay to look up trivia like Who was the first pilot of a plane to be hijacked (the Guinness book of world records indicates this happened in Peru)? What was the first American Jetliner to be hijacked? What was blown up in (so far as I know) the deadliest US suicide bombing* before 9-11? If, for instance, there were some event that involves all of those things, and it was at least fairly near the El Paso shooting site, that would be of especial interest, especially if it were an August 3 event (like the shooting).

*If it's a tie, don't choose the Bath School disaster, because just last year the school shooting in Texas was on the anniversary of that, which is also the worst mass murder in a school, and so it fits better that. Besides, the perp in the Bath School disaster blew himself up (and others) in a separate explosion somewhat after the main explosion.

Answer: Continental Airlines Flight 54

Mutual of Omaha accidental-in-flight-death insurance didn't pay because suicide. The same storm that produced the Great Dayton Flood of 1913 also produced a tornado in Omaha that killed 103, just two days before the levees broke in Dayton on March 25.

In 1975, the Lyon sisters vanished on March 25, and the heavy publicity and recent activity in that case might make it something that would be referred to. And in 1976, Jane Louise Allen was dumped in the Great Miami River in Miamisburg, Ohio, another town hard hit by the Great 1913 flood. It's sort of a mystery why she was dumped so far from where she was taken (somewhere between Pontiac and Royal Oak, Michigan, presumably). I decided a few months ago that it probably had something to do with the attempted assassination of FDR in Miami, FL, having taken place on February 15, 1933, on the anniversary of the 1898 explosion of the Maine in Havana harbor, Cuba, what started the Spanish-American War. That's slightly weird, what since Miami is the nearest major US city to Havana. And it fit because Frank Shelden was a descendant of the Secretary of War when the Maine blew up and Mark Stebbins was taken on February 15. And the El Paso shooter is from Allen, TX, and there was a mine haulage disaster (3 deaths) in El Paso on February 15, 1975, not too long before the Lyon sisters' case. There may have been an assassination attempt at the Chamber of Commerce Building in El Paso in 1911, but President Taft was saved thanks to a security detail put in place by John Hays Hammond (as in the 1918 Hammond circus-train wreck). The following year there was an attempt on candidate Theodore Roosevelt, one year to the day before Britain's worst-ever mine disaster.

Last edited:
Investigators ‘reasonably confident’ Texas suspect left anti-immigrant screed
sbm

"Investigators are “reasonably confident” that the suspect, identified by police as Patrick Wood Crusius, 21, of Texas, posted the diatribe on the extremist online forum 8chan before the shooting."

"An initial attempt to upload the document occurred at 10:15 a.m., but was unsuccessful. The document was then uploaded a few minutes later. At 10:39 the first emergency calls reached 911."

Maybe you're talking about Benzodiazepines (but should still provide a link), which are highly addictive and if taken with alcohol and/or illicit drugs can have negative side effects. I can't imagine SSRIs under any circumstances would cause anyone to become violent, abusive or a mass murderer. I'd like to see a link to this claim or theory.

Here are some articles both about the risk of increased violence in those taking SSRI's and those withdrawing from them (some are about those taking SSRI's only, not withdrawal) The first one has an extensive review of the literature:

Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors and violence: a review of the available evidence. - Abstract - Europe PMC

Suicidality, violence and mania caused by selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs): A review and analysis - IOS Press

Home | Springer Publishing

Expert Warns of Antidepressants Linked to Violence

Adolescent violence screening in the ED - ScienceDirect (this article is specifically about adolescents and considers how ER doctors might consider both SSRI use and withdrawal in assessing potential for violence and suicide)

Antidepressants increase the risk of suicide, violence and homicide at all ages

The subject is complex. Misdiagnosis of bipolar individuals as depressed is quite common and it's established that SSRI's in bipolar illness can increase mania and induce psychosis. Indeed, some psychiatric wards use dosing of SSRI's as a way of diagnosing the two conditions. Bipolar II individuals may present as clinically depressed individuals and will benefit initially from a course of SSRI's (but often respond more quickly to them and ultimately then have hypomanic or manic episodes, which is diagnostic). In the transition between the two states, especially when manic, these patients can become violent (in an in-patient unit, that's managed).

Many doctors prescribe SSRI's to many patient who appears depressed but these patients are not inpatients; the troubling symptoms then occur outside of hospital.

Opiate withdrawal can cause violence as well.

There is at least one study, of suicide in SSRI patients, that says the method of suicide is less violent in those still actively under psychiatric care that includes an SSRI.

That's just a fraction of the available articles. I realize some might be behind paywalls, but the abstracts are available. You can also find abundant MSM articles drawn from these articles.

So the video of him being taken into custody is not in the Walmart parking lot. I have read somewhere that he stopped shooting because he ran out of ammunition. I wonder if they will reopen the Walmart.

I hope the Wal-Mart is demolished. I stood at the memorial on Monday morning, which overlooks part of the WM parking lot, and I was completely overwhelmed. I have watched SO many of these tragedies play out on TV, Twitter, and here on WS with some of y'all. I thought going to pay my respects would bring me a tiny sense of peace. It did not. I felt anguish, hopelessness, helplessness, horror, personally violated as this has been the only home I've known and complete, utter despair. What I felt, saw and heard broke me. I didn't even try to control the tears.

I had not been to that Wal-Mart in several years until just a couple weeks ago. I drive by it every Friday but it's always so packed/hard to get in and out of the parking lot that I avoid it. On Saturday I was wearing the shoes I purchased at that store so recently. Even looking at them makes me feel physically ill, I think I will get rid of them. Opening that store again would cause the same reaction x1000 for myself and others.

Anyway, your question caught my eye and now I'm rambling. Much love to all WS'ers.

#elpasostrong #elpasoproud

I hope the Wal-Mart is demolished. I stood at the memorial on Monday morning, which overlooks part of the WM parking lot, and I was completely overwhelmed. I have watched SO many of these tragedies play out on TV, Twitter, and here on WS with some of y'all. I thought going to pay my respects would bring me a tiny sense of peace. It did not. I felt anguish, hopelessness, helplessness, horror, personally violated as this has been the only home I've known and complete, utter despair. What I felt, saw and heard broke me. I didn't even try to control the tears.

I had not been to that Wal-Mart in several years until just a couple weeks ago. I drive by it every Friday but it's always so packed/hard to get in and out of the parking lot that I avoid it. On Saturday I was wearing the shoes I purchased at that store so recently. Even looking at them makes me feel physically ill, I think I will get rid of them. Opening that store again would cause the same reaction x1000 for myself and others.

Anyway, your question caught my eye and now I'm rambling. Much love to all WS'ers.

(( @LaborOfLobe ))

That is very touching. We all are in pain over these violent acts, and the people local to the tragedies feel it even more.

The subject is complex. Misdiagnosis of bipolar individuals as depressed is quite common and it's established that SSRI's in bipolar illness can increase mania and induce psychosis.

While this is true, (I've seen it up close and personal and its freaking terrifying.) I seriously doubt any psych meds are at the root of this attack.

Shooter self reports having his stated beliefs and agenda for several years.

Plus he was far too well organized in both his writing, and the execution of his stated of heinous plans.

Last edited:
Just a few more things. I did not mention the victims and that last post came across as kind of "me, me, me". I'm not sure if I'm able to really convey these emotions.

I have barely spoken about this. A little to my mom, a little to my husband. Then the tears come.

My heart is completely shattered for the victims, their families, friends. Now that I've experienced this a bit more personally I cannot fathom how difficult it would be to move forward.

Another thing I had really never thought about...just HOW MANY people are affected by a tragedy like this, how far reaching the effect is, and how close to home it can be.

When I got home Monday there was a business card in my front door from a producer/investigative reporter from south Texas. I thought "ok, looking for interviews" but I was stumped as to why that area? It's close but not that close. I messaged her and told her that while I am deeply affected, it's indirectly and that I couldn't help (with an interview). That wasn't what she wanted at all. She was looking for someone from her part of Texas who was living here, thought to have been at Wal-Mart, and unaccounted for. It seems they canvassed my street and specifically next door to me based on info they'd been given. My heart sank.

Shortly afterwards I saw that she had posted an article. He was amongst the deceased.

You just never know. Death can be natural, it can be UNnatural, but it is guaranteed to happen. Make every day count.

All my love and blessings to everyone who is suffering due to this and RIP x22. May wounds and hearts heal as much as possible.

MOO

Thank you for the good information. The article seems to highlight that even dark web sites like 8 Chan have a lot vulnerabilities.

They appear to be very reliant on inter net hosting companies for ant- hacking and anti virus services. They may also need the host’s services to even hook up to the internet. Likewise, they are probably also reliant on other companies for forum running software and also reliant on having access to a server and being in a country willing to allow the server to be physically there.

The 8 chan operator appears to have his own server, but could well be using commercial forum software. Maybe 8 chan’s forum software can be identified and the company contacted and asked to remove their license to use it? (I believe that many such companies don’t truly sell their products. Rather, they offer "licensing agreements" that can probably be terminated).

At the end of the day, my guess is that the 8 chan operating crew lacks the knowledge to write their own forum software and also lacks the ability to “home grow” an internet hosting service.

Hopefully, they get shut down for good soon. Sadly, my general impression is that another notorious site is run by a former highly rated software engineer. Shutting him down via disconnecting services would probably be a lot harder.

Last edited:
Some had said mental illness doesn't play much of a factor in mass killings when several of these shooters were know to have mental issues and quite a few of them had been on antidepressants/SSRIs or had recently stopped taking them.

I'm not saying they were a cause in this shooting or the main cause of the shootings in which the perpetrators were on or had recently been on them but with the number of how many shooters had been on them and the number of cases of other violence, it's definitely a factor.

It's not done to stigmatize people who are them as the huge majority of people who do take them don't commit any sort of crime. But there is a minute portion of people who do take them that end up committing violent crimes. Look at some of the side effects of these drugs and you have to wonder about how much of a role they do play

Other countries have the same drugs.

No I'm talking about SSRIs, they can have very serious side effects including aggression, hostility, violence suicide, suicidal thoughts, and murderous thoughts. The side effects are well known and have been for quite a while.

James Holmes was on 150 mg of sertraline(generic Zoloft) a day near the end as they increased his dosage up to that point, his journal reflected what it was doing to him. He stopped 20 days before the shooting.

Jeff Weise, Red Lake school shooter was on 60mg of Prozac a day

NIU shooter had been on Prozac and stopped. His girlfriend said it made him a totally different person

Kip Kinkel was on Prozac

Eric Harris had used both Zoloft and Luvox.

Andrea Yates was on Effexor

Ivan Lopez, second ft hood shooter was an on antidepressants.

Va Tech shooter was on Prozac at the time.

Cascade Mall shooter was on Prozac

Is it Drugs Not Guns that Cause Violence?

Psychiatric Drugs and Violence: A Review of FDA Data Finds A Link
Antidepressants and Violence: Problems at the Interface of Medicine and Law

Peter Breggin has written about the topic a lot and offers up a lot of insight into it
https://www.google.com/search?q=pet...droid-verizon&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Its something that doesn't get talked about and serious research needs to be done into it considering the number of cases, not just mass shootings but violent acts, where the person had been on, had their dosages increased or had stopped taking them. Doctors say those are the times when people are at risk when taking them

I wonder what happens in Canada or in Europe?

Just a few more things. I did not mention the victims and that last post came across as kind of "me, me, me". I'm not sure if I'm able to really convey these emotions.

I have barely spoken about this. A little to my mom, a little to my husband. Then the tears come.

My heart is completely shattered for the victims, their families, friends. Now that I've experienced this a bit more personally I cannot fathom how difficult it would be to move forward.

Another thing I had really never thought about...just HOW MANY people are affected by a tragedy like this, how far reaching the effect is, and how close to home it can be.

When I got home Monday there was a business card in my front door from a producer/investigative reporter from south Texas. I thought "ok, looking for interviews" but I was stumped as to why that area? It's close but not that close. I messaged her and told her that while I am deeply affected, it's indirectly and that I couldn't help (with an interview). That wasn't what she wanted at all. She was looking for someone from her part of Texas who was living here, thought to have been at Wal-Mart, and unaccounted for. It seems they canvassed my street and specifically next door to me based on info they'd been given. My heart sank.

Shortly afterwards I saw that she had posted an article. He was amongst the deceased.

You just never know. Death can be natural, it can be UNnatural, but it is guaranteed to happen. Make every day count.

All my love and blessings to everyone who is suffering due to this and RIP x22. May wounds and hearts heal as much as possible.

MOO

Specifically what kind if man shoots a
man jumping in front of his wife to take bullets, then shoots the wife who is shielding her infant. A one man crime wave.

(((((( @LaborOfLobe ))))))) Such a touching post. I'm so sorry this has happened in and to your community (or anyway for that matter).

Last edited by a moderator:
If Walmart decides to forsake it's gun owning customers to do something that "feels good", yet accomplishes nothing, then they will face the same backlash as Dick's Sporting Goods.
Has Dick's suffered a lot from their decision?

Dicks apparently stopped selling assault style weapons in February 2018. Since then, their stock price has pretty much remained the same. Sure, a certain number of people will boycott Walmart regarding a decision on gun sales. My guess, however, is that Walmart will not be significantly impacted.

Has Dick's suffered a lot from their decision?

Dicks apparently stopped selling assault style weapons in February 2018. Since then, their stock price has pretty much remained the same. Sure, a certain number of people will boycott Walmart regarding a decision on gun sales. My guess, however, is that Walmart will not be significantly impacted.
Wal-Mart will not stop selling firearms and ammo. The stockholders will not let that happen.........................moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong