Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #110

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO police don't fool around if they think they know who it is. They pull them in,
if only let them know they are being looked at them to warn the suspect to not commit any further crime.
We don't know, they could have pulled them in to interview again and again...or until they lawyered up. It's not like in the Rhoden case where LE made it known who they were interested in and it took them over two years to raid properties and do that.

This case is so odd in that there's video and audio of the killer yet nothing made public about an investigative direction except killer is local and hiding in plain sight.

GH said something else in that cemetery video that was interesting. I'm paraphrasing, he said the FBI being called in right away was definitely because local LE thought serial type killings right away. The way in which the crime scene was, the condition of the bodies, the way scene was set up and left was not just murders, boom your dead or sexual assaults and then killing. I think I have to agree with that.

Exactly - if you watch the PC with the idea that it someone very close to the family, it takes on a new layer of meaning.
If you look at disproportionate chin lengths, you notice it is common in certain people "close" to the family.

I've often thought this is the case also. I think it could be why some of the family left the April PC crying and upset. It could also be why the two week period was asked for, to leave the family be for that time frame. JMO

I also think in a small town where the police chief is so sympathetic to the family, if they have sights on someone near/close to the family, they will not move forward until they are 1000% sure - DNA a slam dunk, alibi completely busted open - in order to protect the family. Also for legal reasons considering trial requirements.

We don't know, they could have pulled them in to interview again and again...or until they lawyered up. It's not like in the Rhoden case where LE made it known who they were interested in and it took them over two years to raid properties and do that.

This case is so odd in that there's video and audio of the killer yet nothing made public about an investigative direction except killer is local and hiding in plain sight.

GH said something else in that cemetery video that was interesting. I'm paraphrasing, he said the FBI being called in right away was definitely because local LE thought serial type killings right away. The way in which the crime scene was, the condition of the bodies, the way scene was set up and left was not just murders, boom your dead or sexual assaults and then killing. I think I have to agree with that.

Can someone just tell me what this is about a screen shot on someone's FB page? I don't have time for a 52 minute video!
If you watch for about the first 3 minutes you will get the drift. It is PE commenting on a relatives FB on the 15th Feb 2017 basically asking what has been happening in the last few months. The PC in the video has the CaCo sheriff mentioning the last few months as a possible reference to the Flora fire deaths as well as the Delphi murders. This is the day the BG pic first came out and so it sounds like PE is trying to get info. Why he would be trying to do that is the interesting part of this.

Whether the relative/family member responded is not addressed, I don't believe. Anyone else who watches the whole thing please summarise your view thanks.

If you watch for about the first 3 minutes you will get the drift. It is PE commenting on a relatives FB on the 15th Feb 2017 basically asking what has been happening in the last few months. The PC in the video has the CaCo sheriff mentioning the last few months as a possible reference to the Flora fire deaths as well as the Delphi murders. This is the day the BG pic first came out and so it sounds like PE is trying to get info. Why he would be trying to do that is the interesting part of this.

Also interesting that the April PC had the "you want to know what we know" comment from LE!

what if you had an alibi from work, although you weren't necessarily at your place of employment the whole day bc it was part of your job to travel locally for some valid reason. So you were "at work" but you weren't in the business location between 2-3pm. Someone on the trails saw you on the trails or in a car or parking lot near the trails, and had a sketch drawn of you. The sketch is of you, and you weren't at your place of work although you were working that day. No cameras caught you anywhere else during that time and there is no GPS on your phone (left it somewhere) or car for that 2-3pm time period. DNA that is a partial match to you is found at the crime scene, but it may also share characteristics with the family of one of the girls murdered and could have other valid reasons for being there, such as transfer/touch DNA.

Why would a connection to the family stop LE from making an arrest? Brothers, cousins, neighbors, and parents of victims get arrested every day. In fact, that's usually where LE start their investigation.

That new sketch is identical to at least half a dozen young guys in the Delphi area, just as the OG sketch was identical to many of the middle-aged men. Throw a pair of glasses on him and the young one is a dead ringer for my son. Of course, he's 12, though, so...
If LE thought outsider right off the bat, actively pursuing that for two years but now have reason to believe it's a local, it could cause all sorts of snags in the investigation of persons who were early on deemed not under suspicion. LE are being asked or pretty much forced nowadays to deliver an airtight case to prosecutors before something goes before a grand jury for indictment. Any defense lawyer could already have a field day if killer looking like the second sketch is arrested today. The two completely different sketches if not explained by LE with no reasonable doubt left, could hamper prosecution. So stuff like that could, if LE doesn't have enough phyical evidence could let a killer go free, whomever they are. AJMO

I had heard the family left the PC early, upset. Has this been verified?

I've often thought this is the case also. I think it could be why some of the family left the April PC crying and upset. It could also be why the two week period was asked for, to leave the family be for that time frame. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member