Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Presser:

Assistant Commissioner Jane MacLatchy, commanding officer of the Manitoba RCMP, made the announcement in Winnipeg at 3:00 p.m. ET.

-While there were no confirmed sightings since July 22nd, LE kept going as they knew they needed that new evidence

-Friday, August 2nd critical evidence found on the banks of the river directly related to the suspects

-At last able to narrow down the search

-High probability search immediately occurred

-Located in the bush this morning, 2 male bodies within 1 km of where the evidence was found; 8 km from burned vehicle

-Autopsy in Winnipeg to determine COD for 2 male bodies believed to be suspects, waiting for confirmation that it is them

Q & A:

-Not sure how long they have been dead - waiting for autopsy results

-Confident it is them - waiting for autopsy results

-Specialized RCMP Officers found them doing a foot search

-Can't speak to injuries

-Certain amount of relief and hopefully the residents of the surrounding area can feel safe in the woods now

-Very, very dense brush, difficult, thick brush, no trails where the bodies were located

-Questions regarding costs, logistics - don't have answers now

-Cannot go through the brush arm and arm, it's too thick

-Smaller grid search was able to be done once the key evidence was found

Bittersweet news.

So proud of the RCMP! I had moments of doubt, I admit. So glad this seems to be over.

Happy it's over, but I have to reserve any pride for the RCMP. They got some luck, albeit through persistence, which helped them. However, there were quite a few screw-ups along the way, IMO, that really could have just as easily blown this case or resulted in further civilian deaths.

the suspects may have been discovered. pending autopsy and identification per RCMP presser that just concluded.

Would love an updated map of bodies location in relation to items found/Rav4.

Also, morbidly I want to know how they died, was it elements/animal/suicide, and maybe photos of the location of the bodies.

Autopsy results will be coming in a few days I think. My guess is either suicide or died of hypothermia huddled together for warmth.

I'm so glad they were found. I have senior relatives who are getting ready to travel in a few days and I've been worried sick about what could happen. But also I feel a little torn. I would have liked to have seen them captured and held accountable. I'm not sure we would have ever gotten answers, but it would have been nice to get some justice. But, all in all, glad they're gone so they can't hurt anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.