Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also wonder if it was suicide or if they succumbed to the elements somehow. I'd think suicide if they were found together

That would be a good assumption, although in some incidents, we find people in the outdoors dead, together, of exposure (usually because they are trapped somehow, as in a cave where it's snowing outside, or on a rock ledge where they don't feel comfortable retreating at night).

In this case, if their desire to avoid capture was intense, they could have trapped themselves in the bush, unwilling to move. The chances of them both dying of hypothermia on the same night are not zero. They were most likely out of food. I sure do wonder what the personal items were.

Happy it's over, but I have to reserve any pride for the RCMP. They got some luck, albeit through persistence, which helped them. However, there were quite a few screw-ups along the way, IMO, that really could have just as easily blown this case or resulted in further civilian deaths.

My only criticism is them sitting on the information that Fowler and Deese were gunned down, and that there was a risk to the public.

As far as the search for the suspects went, I think they did a great job.

They had a massive search area, the suspects had a lead of several days, and they could have been just about anywhere.

They correctly maintained a presence and focus on Gillam, even when tips led them away from there.

I don’t think they could have done any more.

Just saw the news after being away from computer all day. I'm glad they have been located and the locals can rest a little easier.

I had hoped they'd be brought in alive, so we would know why. But I think that may have always been a pipe dream. Even if they were arrested, there's no guarantee they would have talked or told the truth or been able to articulate why.

Happy it's over, but I have to reserve any pride for the RCMP. They got some luck, albeit through persistence, which helped them. However, there were quite a few screw-ups along the way, IMO, that really could have just as easily blown this case or resulted in further civilian deaths.

Bah! Surely one can wait 10 minutes before the inevitable accusations of the RCMP screwing it up!

Would love an updated map of bodies location in relation to items found/Rav4.

Also, morbidly I want to know how they died, was it elements/animal/suicide, and maybe photos of the location of the bodies.
Same! I think most want to know how they died. I'm thinking they just found that boat, possibly used it for shelter and then either killed themselves or succumbed to hypothermia.

chances are slim that it was an animal. If it was a bear or animal they wouldn't be found close together the bear would get one and the other person would run. It's suicide in my opinion.

Exactly. If it were a bear, at least one of them would have been dragged away and cached where Bear could find it again.

Suicide seems most likely. Dying of exposure at the same time would be...rare, although if it were one long, cold wet night, sure, it could happen.

Are autopsy reports released by LE in Canada? Can they be acquired through a public documents request if not? Do reporters routinely get access to autopsies?

(offtopic)

There are over 15,000 people reading the CBC article right now since the breaking news

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/rcmp-significant-announcement-1.5239053
Manitoba RCMP say they will be making a "significant announcement" Wednesday afternoon in the search for two fugitives, Kam McLeod and Bryer Schmegelsky, who are wanted in connection with the deaths of three people in B.C.

Assistant Commissioner Jane MacLatchy, commanding officer of the Manitoba RCMP, will make the announcement in Winnipeg at 3:00 p.m. ET.

I feel great sorrow for all the victims in this case.

I don't normally have much empathy for the accused (if any), but maybe it's the mother in me - I can't help but also feel sorrow for these 2 pitiful boys (to me they are indeed boys) - they not only wasted their own lives, but, they pointlessly inflicted great harm on their own families, friends, community, country at large, and also an international community of travelers.

It is indeed the worst possible tragedy.

WG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member