Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now let's see how long it take for the first movie to go into production...will make for quite a script.

I’d hope that doesn’t happen, in respect of the families and friends of the three innocent victims and of K&B as well. This was a totally senseless real life tragedy from beginning to end - movies are intended to be entertainment.

Bear attack is possible, but unlikely unless they got near a sow and cub. Bears generally stay away from people. Also, doesn’t make a lot of sense if the bodies were close together.

Like some others, I’ve been saying hypothermia or murder/suicide for over a week. After a few days, rain/thunderstorms plus temperatures as low as 7°C/45°F are not consistent with survival in the open and without proper layered clothing. The experience of the German canoeists, who were equipped and knew what they were doing, just reinforces this.

We’ll know soon enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's some slight misinformation cropping up, so just to clarify: they said in the presser that the bodies were found 1km from where the evidence was found. Since they also said they were found 8km from the vehicle, and the items were found 9km from the vehicle, we know that the evidence they are referring to is the personal items, not the boat.

I'll bet money the personal items included clothing.

Thank Goodness they were found. Just hope there is some evidence that they were guilty of murdering L&C.

Is it possible we may never know? If they suicide by gunshot, that'll go a ways in establishing the connection, but of course, I'd like to know the ballistics. I bet the parents of Lucas and Chynna would also like to know.

Ive got to admit I am quite disappointed that these two were found dead in the Manitoba bush. There are so many questions we may never get answers for. Now the victims families are left to speculate why their loved ones were killed. Truly a worst case scenario, however, I bet many locals are relieved that the case is finally put to bed.

Looking forward to watching the movie dramatization of this story, as it is quite likely there will be one in the near future.

Is it possible we may never know? If they suicide by gunshot, that'll go a ways in establishing the connection, but of course, I'd like to know the ballistics. I bet the parents of Lucas and Chynna would also like to know.

I’d be stunned if we didn’t have a firm cause of death, even with decomposition and animal activity.

Even if they died of hypothermia, they’ll probably be able to say that, simply by using the process of elimination.

I’m not going to lie, I’m hoping they didn’t take their own lives, and this was a lengthy event.

I hope they had time to reflect on their predicament.

People who are critical of the RCMP need to get out an old-fashioned paper map to realize the awesome vastness of Canada's north, not to mention the very dense forest. Spotters in a plane would have a very hard time seeing anything on the ground. In the end, they did spot the boat on the shore from the air which led to the chain of events resulting in finding the bodies. It helped them narrow the search.

I feel great sorrow for all the victims in this case.

I don't normally have much empathy for the accused (if any), but maybe it's the mother in me - I can't help but also feel sorrow for these 2 pitiful boys (to me they are indeed boys) - they not only wasted their own lives, but, they pointlessly inflicted great harm on their own families, friends, community, country at large, and also an international community of travelers.

It is indeed the worst possible tragedy.

WG

I can't imagine dealing with a loved one doing something like this or the murders of the innocent that happened last weekend in El Paso and Dayton. I've thought about those families over and over. It's one thing to lose someone under those circumstances but how do you cope when it's by the hands of your very own loved one?

I feel great sorrow for all the victims in this case.

I don't normally have much empathy for the accused (if any), but maybe it's the mother in me - I can't help but also feel sorrow for these 2 pitiful boys (to me they are indeed boys) - they not only wasted their own lives, but, they pointlessly inflicted great harm on their own families, friends, community, country at large, and also an international community of travelers.

It is indeed the worst possible tragedy.

WG

Me too. I know I shouldn't feel bad for them because all indications are they were cold blooded killers, but I do. They were so young and had a lot going for them (even if they didn't think they did -- you don't need to have some big successful life to have a good and worthy life). They were loved. They could have chosen to overcome their murderous impulses. I don't even think it's uncommon at all for teens of that age, especially ones from dysfunctional backgrounds or with problems making friends, to have those kinds of impulses. But most of them refrain from acting on them, work to be better, and eventually grow out of it.

Instead they chose to give in, commit some senseless evil acts against innocent people for no reason, and threw away other peoples' lives, their own, and left a trail of hurt that will continue to hurt literally dozens of people in their and the victims' circles for literally decades. And for what, so they could die what was probably a terrifying, lonely, and unpleasant death, and their decomposed remains could be found in the wilderness less than five miles from their car? What did they think they were accomplishing with all this? What a f-ing pointless waste of everything.

My bet is that the trip into the woods was meant to either forage for food, or quickly hide from an overhead plane/drone. Either way, some gear was left with the intent of returning, but the return trip was not to be for whatever reason.

Why go into the woods to commit suicide? Does not make sense. It wouldn't be to make the bodies forever unfindable, otherwise they would not have left anything to be spotted on the shore. For whatever reason they went in to the woods, my guess is they became disoriented and that was the beginning of the end for them.

With all those supposed sightings of them 100's of miles away, it gave a sense of them being a couple of real survivalists but only in the movies... . In real life, they didn't travel far at all.
Yeah I've been thinking for days that the joyride through Canada, while everyone thought they were missing, was probably a blast to them. Being stuck in the woods with bugs and bears and minimal provisions and the Mounties on their trail, not so much.

I actually wonder now if they committed suicide within hours or a day if abandoning the vehicle. And if that was the plan all along--act like a couple of mayhem twins on a crime spree and then end it together. If so, they didn't have to drag LF, CD, and LD into death with them. :(

All MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member