NJ - Carolyn Byington, 26, killed inside her home, Plainsboro, 10 June 2019 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thanks so much for those hopeful updates DAB! It definitely sounds like they have an idea if what happened to her. I am also glad that her friends and family will, more hopefully, see justice now.
I will be watching out for news myself.
Thanks again DAB as well as all the locals, definitely appreciated and I hope that this news grants you all at least a small amount of peace out there at Hunter Glen!

Thanks again. Now I’m going to be checking the news like crazy.
Got that right. Me too, even more often than I normally do, which is pretty much every other day on this case. It's one of a few on here that I follow regularly, looking for resolution.

Thanks to all of you with your boots on the ground approach. As a fellow New Jerseyian, I applaud your tenacious actions and your courage. @MissyMom @DAB and others.

I receive emails from the Plainsboro Police Department. Today, I received the following email in regard to a tutor charged with sexual assault.

“Plainsboro tutor charged with aggravated sexual contact and endangering the welfare of a child. The investigation is active and is continuing. Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Urie 609-799-2333 or Detective Infusino at 732-745-4340.”

What I find disturbing is the fact that I never received any type of communication from the Plainsboro police in regard to Carolyn’s murder. Why? Why has her murder remained so secretive?
Do you know how long ago this happened? Is LE going thru cold cases? This crime was probably over some time, I'd guess, but it certainly is interesting that they would ask for help on this one, as you said. And why this one? Hmmmm.

Was at the National Night Police at Morris Davison Park in Plainsboro, NJ. Two policemen addressed my questions about Carolyn. No specific details on the murder & whether it was solved. An announcement will be forthcoming shortly probably on NJ12. There were suspects. It was not random. There was no risk to the community. This was top priority for them. Neighbors were home at the time of the murder. When I mentioned that an article stated she was lured home, they said you can’t believe everything in the news. I would encourage other local residents to drop by. They have a table with a group of other community organizations in one section of the park. They’re serving ice cones.
Good report, @DAB! Glad you spoke with them -- good of you to let them know people are concerned -- and they did speak a bit about it without having to ask you who-where-what-which-one about it. Sounds like it's still on their minds. Encouraging. Thanks for speaking up for her and the other folks who live in her area.

The bystander effect is insane. I understand you try and explain it away but its better to be over careful than ignore someones cry for help

Absolutely. That was something I mentioned to the police, especially when people can report anonymously. They Said people call about the unimportant things or much later. They did not say how she was killed, but I expressed that I felt a call might have made a difference. The police are only few minutes away.

I called the Middlesex County Prosecutor’s Office to see if I could find out when more information would be made public & I was told they couldn’t provide that information.
That makes sense -- if they are watching someone or looking for him/her at some address that they know s/he goes from time to time, it could be that they are doing a stake-out. If they're about to make an arrest, they certainly couldn't say anything. I'm thinking positively about this but also keeping my superstitious fingers crossed. It's time for justice for Carolyn and her family, and time for the apt. complex residents to be able to breathe much easier.

The bystander effect is insane. I understand you try and explain it away but its better to be over careful than ignore someones cry for help
You said it -- it could have been an attack (which it was), she could have fallen and broken her leg or her neck, she could have gotten an electric shock from a light or an appliance, etc., etc. So the police come and find that she has just broken an ankle and will be fine the next day -- that's what LE is there for -- to protect and to serve, and of the situations I have seen, LE is always willing and happy to help.
What a shame on this one.

You said it -- it could have been an attack (which it was), she could have fallen and broken her leg or her neck, she could have gotten an electric shock from a light or an appliance, etc., etc. So the police come and find that she has just broken an ankle and will be fine the next day -- that's what LE is there for -- to protect and to serve, and of the situations I have seen, LE is always willing and happy to help.
What a shame on this one.

Great post born...

It’s a National Night Out being held all across the country.

I did not realize LE did this nationally.. that is great. I am just glad police were at a point in their investigation where they were able to give DAB some solid answers to certain questions. Puts mind at ease for residents of the area this was not a random attack. I can only hope Carolyn's family have been informed of the suspects and they have information to give them some peace at least there will be justice.

Yes, it sure is a tragedy that neighbor didn't call the cops since they are just a few minutes away and perhaps her life could have been saved. I couldn't imagine living with the guilt of not calling. Teaches me to always call cops even if it is faint screaming.

Do you know how long ago this happened? Is LE going thru cold cases? This crime was probably over some time, I'd guess, but it certainly is interesting that they would ask for help on this one, as you said. And why this one? Hmmmm.
Yes, I found this very odd too. Why would they send you that info? That's so far off from what you asked. I can't imagine they would have sent that as a hint. Right?! I'd maybe email them back and ask did they mean to send that specific info and if so, why?!

Yes, I found this very odd too. Why would they send you that info? That's so far off from what you asked. I can't imagine they would have sent that as a hint. Right?! I'd maybe email them back and ask did they mean to send that specific info and if so, why?!

To me it sounded like it was a subscriber email, not a response specifically to MissyMom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288