Found Deceased TX - Brittany Leigh Burfield, 37, Houston, 25 Jun 2018 *Arrest*

A Houston woman’s body is still missing a year after her former roommate was charged with murder.

A year to the day since Brittany Burfield vanished from her Southwest Houston home, her alleged murderer remains in jail, but her body has never been found.

...SBM

Valentine says she’s been to every court hearing, including the last one, where the defense filed a motion she wasn’t expecting.

“An evaluation for criminal insanity, and that just rocked my world,” said Valentine. “I couldn’t get out of that court house fast enough and get to my truck, and I just fell apart.”

The next hearing in the case is July 2.

Valentine planned to have a celebration of life for her daughter the night of June 25, 2019.

Mom of missing woman opens up a year after her disappearance, still no closure

A Houston woman’s body is still missing a year after her former roommate was charged with murder.

A year to the day since Brittany Burfield vanished from her Southwest Houston home, her alleged murderer remains in jail, but her body has never been found.

...SBM

Valentine says she’s been to every court hearing, including the last one, where the defense filed a motion she wasn’t expecting.

“An evaluation for criminal insanity, and that just rocked my world,” said Valentine. “I couldn’t get out of that court house fast enough and get to my truck, and I just fell apart.”

The next hearing in the case is July 2.

Valentine planned to have a celebration of life for her daughter the night of June 25, 2019.

Mom of missing woman opens up a year after her disappearance, still no closure
That's not uncommon as the defense latches on to that when they can. Defendants who are criminally insane cannot be convicted of a crime, because criminal conduct involves the conscious intent to do wrong -- a choice that the criminally insane cannot meaningfully make.

Remains found in a Houston manhole are officially identified as woman missing since June 2018 | Daily Mail Online

"...'His main concern with me was he wanted to get this off his chest,' Quanell X said on Friday to KHOU.

'They removed a manhole cover and they dropped her body down a manhole and put the steel iron cover back over it.' ...

...Investigators say Burfield was trying to help Haggerty get his life back on track. She gave him and his girlfriend a place to stay for a little while. ..."

:mad:

Who are They?

Beautiful photo:

17024734-7335567-image-a-39_1565227884849.jpg

September 18, 2023

HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- A man is set to spend three decades behind bars in the murder of a missing 37-year-old woman whose belongings were found in his yard following her disappearance in 2018. Court records show that the now-42-year-old Alex Haggerty pleaded guilty to killing Brittany Burfield last week and received a 30-year sentence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back