Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is so very sad and unsettling. Too many inconsistencies in the reporting are not helping matters.

As a mother or father, you do know your children better than anyone and parental instinct is almost always right. I’m sure the parents would have never allowed their child to sleep away from them in such an unsecured environment, if they had even the slightest of concerns that Nora might wander off. However, as others have suggested, maybe disorientation due to jet lag or medication has come into play? I know from my own experience that jet lag can be a confusing time. I’ve previously woken from my first night after a long-haul trip and not known what day or time it is. But if this is indeed the case, surely she would not have wandered so far that she couldn’t be found?

Abduction, to me, seems unlikely. It’s extremely rare for an abductor to strike randomly. Most kidnappers have a connection to their victim or have at least observed them over time. This could not have been possible in this case. Human trafficking or a random psycho - neither seems plausible here.

Nothing makes any sense. My heart goes out to this poor girl and her family.

I’ve read through the reviews and I don’t seem to be seeing what others are seeing. The responses to bad reviews are all polite and reasonable, and the bad reviews don’t make me think badly of the place or the owners. They don’t shed any light on this case, for me. Maybe I’ve missed something.

The review in question is dated November 2017.

I think she left. I think the various prints are from her, past guests, maybe even a sibling or parents who shut windows when they went to bed. All that water tends to be very appealing. Not knowing the house layout, she may have went looking for the restroom, or her parents.
Edited to add, not sure what transpired in the hours or days since. She could of been removed by another from the grounds?

Random open questions, just thinking out loud.

All those valuables.... but no attempt to steal anything. I have looked on trip advisor, read every post and news report i have come across but nothing can convince me that Nora was taken by a stranger/gang/trafficking etc...

I bet any vehicle in the night would have caused suspicion due to the noise.

There is something about the cigarettes seen in the photo, like I want to ask that someone obviously smokes but did they wake in the night or early morning and go for a cigarette and saw anything or heard anything. I'm scrabbling for questions but they cannot be answered.

I also see what appears to be a set of car keys, can anyone see this as well?

Also, flowers wonder if they picked them the first day?

If she'd wandered off, I can't help thinking that she would have been found by now?
You would hope so, but it’s quite a complex site to search (even just around the resort) It amazes me that they found the body of the teenager who jumped from a plane last week in Madagascar, yet here in similar terrain the search seems to be futile at the moment.

I’ve read through the reviews and I don’t seem to be seeing what others are seeing. The responses to bad reviews are all polite and reasonable, and the bad reviews don’t make me think badly of the place or the owners. They don’t shed any light on this case, for me. Maybe I’ve missed something.

If Nora is drinking water, she may well be alive.

Nothing is expressed but look at the pics and signage. Who put them up? What does it mean? How do you think the locals feel?

Check other reviews about parties, unhappy guides, cars being damaged and electricity and water shortages. Throw in the accounts of easy access, gates open, suspected robberies.

Suddenly it’s not some amazing place that the locals have embraced as enriching their lives but a nuisance that anyone or anything can wander into.

These are all unverified by nature of the source but paints a slightly different picture

Hi all! I’ve been following websleuths for years and this is my first time posting in awhile. I work with special needs children and my thoughts on Nóra are that she climbed out that window on her own in the morning to look for her parents or go to the bathroom. I think the police have found palm and footprints on the window and windowsill that is consistent with a person climbing out a window from the inside. Im thinking of where my hands and feet must be positioned to climb out. There has to be prints of her feet if she wasn’t wearing shoes which seems to be the case.
Since she is nonverbal she likely couldn’t call her parents names if she had to get up for something so I think she ventured on her own, likely oblivious to her surroundings outside and and encountered natural dangers outside like water or a storm drain.
I don’t think a child with her needs would go willingly or even unwillingly without some type of fight. They typically do not like to be touched or held and will push or fight and grunt to be let go. The picture of her mother and her with her fists clenched make me believe that she doesn’t like to be embraced because of how uncomfortable she seems. I don’t believe she was taken. Why not take the younger daughter?
I don’t know my child would not put up a fuss. She wouldn’t like it but she minds when told. And her pics look similar she clinches her hands. But it’s because a pic is being taken. She never strikes that pose unless a pic. Which makes me crazy. My kid is also totally opposite from the typical asd kid. She is very very very much into being touched. She makes her teacher etc hold her hAnd when walking down the hall she kisses and hugs people she loves. But is more hurt when she not touched. She touched others to. And her eye contact is excellent she actually communicates with her eyes. Hard to explain unless you know her. But for what it’s worth my daughter was part of a national study of girls compared to boys with autism. They also were doing genetic studies in this. Since it often is seen very differently in girls then boys. And girls used to have. HRdwr Time getting dx. My daughter was typical totalky until age 3. She actually had a eArly childhood screening at 22 months old. Not cuz she needed one but rather because it’s what they do here. My 22 month old scored age 4 yrs and 3 months in speech and 4 in social skills. She was over 3 in every area. Yet over night the day after she turned 3 she woke up not knowing who she was. Not able to speak she wasn’t the same child.

She still to this day has a typical brain not any indication that her areas of speech should have any issues. Yet here we were. Her autism wasn’t genetic but we finally found what set it off. Anyway my point is that in this national study the did determine that girls unless they were totally apparently delayed at birth. Usually have very different symptoms then boys. Which was one reason why they are dx so much later. My daughter was social and had eye contact loved touch. But she was refused any testing for autism until she was almost 5. Even though we could see she was autistic she just didn’t have those big signs. She didn’t sleep period for 18 months I thought you would die with that happening lol. They tested her for MR and everything else we found a new pediatrician cuz the no sleep was killing us. But he knew. Despite the non red flags and finally got her help and the gift of a drug so she would sleep. But who knows when Nora was dx. But the pics don’t really tell me what she was like normally cuz my kid is the same. Oh there’s a camera so she stops her smile. Won’t even look at the camera and glitches up. It’s so weird but in our case anyway. All pics are like that. I wish I knew why

It's a different search from what's used in North America. I am sure their budget doesn't allow for this kind of equipment to be used all the time.
I am just guessing here.
This plus that jungle’s canopy is very thick and has many different species of animals so I’m not sure that thermal imaging would work well in such a place.

If Nora is out there alone, is there food for her? I am not sure she can be found alive and well, after all this time, unless there are bananas or berries or something, very obvious and abundant.

Last edited:
Tenaga Nasional‏ @Tenaga_Nasional 20s20 seconds ago

TNB Integrated Learning Solution (ILSAS) turut menyertai misi pencarian remaja Irish Nora Anne Quoirin yang dipercayai hilang sejak 4 Ogos lalu dengan menggunakan drone sebagai alat bantuan pencarian. Semoga usaha ini dapat membantu pihak berkuasa serta keluarga Nora Anne.

Translated from Malay by Microsoft

TNB Integrated Learning Solution (ILSAS) also participated in the youth search mission Nora Anne Quoirin which was believed to disappear since August 4, using drones as a search aid tool. Hopefully this effort can help the authorities and family of Nora Anne.

EBdHcFHUcAEIFYc.jpg

EBdHcpTVAAIn8BN.jpg

EBdHdW3U8AAMFYG.jpg

EBdHeJAUIAASNuC.jpg

Tenaga Nasional on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors