GUILTY TX - Belinda Temple, 30, pregnant, Katy, 11 Jan 1999 *Guilty again in 2023*

I really thought the jury would come back with a sentence for David Temple quickly.

He was found guilty of the brutal murder of his 8 month pregnant wife, Belinda Lucas Temple. He shot her in the back of the head as she knelt in her master bedroom closet.

Per one of the mainstream Houston media articles, trial testimony indicated the gunshot to the back of Belinda's head shot her face off. That is brutal and horrific!

I would think the jury would have no problem sentencing David Temple to "Life without the possibility of parole"

I hope the Jury 'hands down' a sentence tomorrow!

Just my opinion!

I'm with you Ann. I don't understand what is taking so long. My hope is they have a decision and want to sleep on it. I can't fathom anything less than life in prison for murdering two innocent people. Do we know what happens if they aren't unanimous as to punishment?

Stephanie Whitfield‏Verified account @KHOUStephanie
The jury in the David Temple trial is being sequestered for the night, after more than seven hours of deliberation‘s today. It took them eight hours to convict him of murdering his pregnant wife. Looks like we’ll have to keep waiting to see how the story ends. #khou11

4:40 PM - 7 Aug 2019

At 10:41 AM, jury started deliberating a punishment. David Temple can get from probation to life in prison. Defense asked jury to consider Temple's son, who believes his dad is innocent. Prosecutors remind them they found Temple guilty of killing Belinda and her baby. #KHOU11

8:45 AM - 7 Aug 2019

Yesterday, for the second time, David Temple was convicted of murdering his pregnant wife back in 1999. This morning, attorneys will give closing arguments for the sentencing phase. He could get anything from probation to life in prison #khou11

7:50 AM - 7 Aug 2019

Still no verdict? Do we have any update at all? This makes me nervous.

Also, Rebecca Temple is tweeting about David’s innocence despite being caught on tape telling Brenda she thinks he did it and she’s scared of him. :mad:

Last edited:
August 8, 2019 -- 12:37 p.m. CDT

I watched and recorded KPRC (NBC) and KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX mid-day news and both said the same:

The jury is still in deliberations regarding the sentencing of David Temple.

One TV station anchor stated David Temple could get probation or 5 years or Life in prison.

I do not know if the aforementioned are the only options.

I saw Rebecca Temple's tweet too. Is that the soon to be EX?
Finding out any information on this case is like finding a needle in a haystack. I am local too. :(

Rebecca’s his sister in law. She knew from the beginning he did it. She’s drinking the Temple koolaid now, I guess. Mama Temple probably told her to tow the line or hit the road. She might be worse than Jackie Peterson.

Found this

(c) If the jury finds the defendant guilty and the matter of punishment is referred to the jury, the verdict shall not be complete until a jury verdict has been rendered on both the guilt or innocence of the defendant and the amount of punishment. In the event the jury shall fail to agree on the issue of punishment, a mistrial shall be declared only in the punishment phase of the trial, the jury shall be discharged, and no jeopardy shall attach.  The court shall impanel another jury as soon as practicable to determine the issue of punishment.

Texas Code of Criminal Procedure - CRIM P Art. 37.07 | FindLaw

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back