CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you state something as fact the onus is on you to provide a link. If you can't do that then you should probably edit your posts or flag them for a mod to delete. You are the only one here who has said Barbara had a new puppy. MOO

Well my sincere excuses.
I can only say that it was mentioned by someone, it is hard to keep track of who posted it and when exactly, I assumed it was here and it being general knowledge.
I have no use for making things up, it isn't even relevant in the light of her disappearance/kidnapping in the desert.

Kennel is five minutes from their house, but where is the info about the kennel staff, Barbara dropping the dog of on her own that morning etc.
Thank you for trying to answer this.

Yes, there may be info from other sites* that all gets muddled in. We are already on Thread #5 of almost nonstop discussions, so no wonder. Barbara, you have captured our hearts and minds, that's for sure.

*Also, completely different cases can get muddled.

Well my sincere excuses.
I can only say that it was mentioned by someone, it is hard to keep track of who posted it and when exactly, I assumed it was here and it being general knowledge.
I have no use for making things up, it isn't even relevant in the light of her disappearance/kidnapping in the desert.
I have no doubt it was mentioned by someone. Somewhere. It just wasn't here. MOO

I have followed this discussion from day one.
Please direct me to the post where the VI mentiones the kennel staff, Barbara dropping her dog of, and so on. TIA
Yeah, what was the source for that? I don't think I saw it either. All of a sudden everyone seemed so focused on it and I can't figure out why.
Is it supposed to be some sort of clue?

Yeah, what was the source for that? I don't think I saw it either. All of a sudden everyone seemed so focused on it and I can't figure out why.
Is it supposed to be some sort of clue?
For me, I guess it's like chum in the water (not flattering but nothing better comes to mind). We know so little, and I remember so little, that something that seems new is very exciting.

Yes, but I believe that whole subject originated in private messages and not on the open forum. Not all of us have been included in the private messaging.

I read all the posts about it on the open forum earlier today. For reals :)

ETA: Our VI very graciously answered several questions about this earlier today on the thread. All you need to do is read back :)

Yes, but I believe that whole subject originated in private messages and not on the open forum. Not all of us have been included in the private messaging.
I'm not included in any of it, but I understand it's normal and allowed under TOS, though it can't come out here. If that's the case - well, stuff happens, and I'm sure folks will be more careful.

BBM: Very interesting tibit. I wonder what the plan was. If only the short "hike" we know about, would it be a problem to keep the AC on for the pooch?

Also, I don't know much about this, so can someone give some input on whether one could take a dog on the hike they did do? Bring him some water, put booties on the feet. Realistic? Would anyone do that?

And on that note, has RT ever given more info on what other plans they had? Have I missed that?

Based on my experience rescuing, fostering and transporting dogs it would be extremely dangerous to keep a long-haired dog in an air conditioned trailer for more than a few minutes in extreme temperatures in the desert. The dog would suffer terribly should the AC fail or the trailer lose power. Keep in mind SAR dogs are acclimated to long stints in extreme temperature unlike pets. BT’s dog would not do well on a hike in the desert for more than a brief period unless she is regularly exercised for longer periods in extreme heat. Which seems unlikely in light of the length of the beautiful dog’s coat.

I read it when our VI shared the photos (they gave brief captions, and I figured Lexi referred to the dog) a couple of pages back, but it may have been mentioned even earlier.

Yes, I think @dbdb11 referred to the dog in the post with those pictures. (Is it possible to quote a post in a way that includes its pictures??) I don't know whether the dog was referred to earlier than that.

Set 2 is roughly 2002 - 2009
Set 3 is 2014 - 2017
Set 4 includes wedding Nov 2006
Set 5 with dog Lexi?
Set 6 is 2017? and 2018

Most of these pictures are from post cards and hallmark notes she sent to my dad and his wife.
Please help us find BARB! She is an awesome lady!

I apologize if any of my posts have reflected my putting together of separate pieces of info from the forum and the possible intrusion of things not on the public forum. In the future, I'll try to be more careful about sourcing. JMO

The kennel drop off time was discussed earlier today :).

@dbdb11 told us it was 8:10
Yes, I'm just trying to figure out why it is significant. Is it the time that is important or that two people had conflicting statements about her mood or just that they left the dog there?

In regard to the source I meant the source that said the people in the kennel were the two that made the comments about her mood as opposed to someone else like a neighbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88