OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good post, Johnny, very accurate. The Wagner family has been allowed to get away with so much illegal activity over the years. They think they'll weasel their way out of a conviction for plotting and carrying out the murders of 8 people. We can only hope they'll continue to trip themselves up. The Rhodens and Hannah Gilley deserve justice.

I'm surprised AW is still pulling these stunts in jail. I hope she cracks and turns on the rest, though it's difficult to see her turning on her own children. JMO, she would turn on Billy and FW (for any involvement she had) if she could do so w/o hurting her own kids. At some level, she must realize it's highly likely she'll spend the rest of her natural life in jail.

That is why IMO, all four were involved in killing. None can flip without self incrimination. IMO the state will not cut deals with any of the four.

That is why IMO, all four were involved in killing. None can flip without self incrimination. IMO the state will not cut deals with any of the four.

Justus I agree I think all four of the Ws are guilty I also think the state has enough evidence they don't need to cut a deal with any of the Ws.

Last edited:
True, but RN could of always said No. It’s personal responsibility.

It's probably been 35 years since Angie 's mom told her no. You don't tell Angie no! Seriously, I can't imagine Angie ever paid attention to the word no, because she's too controlling and manipulative. Opinion only.

Yah. I agree with you. But what I meant is that Angela's not taking the risk of being sent to jail only Rita is. No matter what, the jail and Junk cannot limit Angela's attorney phone calls just other calls, but Rita is at risk to lose her freedom.

If Angie had any idea whosoever that her mom could have her bond revoked, then yes I feel Angie is partly responsible for her mom going back to jail. (If that happens)

If it were me I would say "mom I can only talk a minute to say I love you and how's grandma? Ok, I'll let you go, I don't want your bond getting revoked and you ending up in a hell hole like me, take care mom!"

Angela's 48 not a scared 20 year old, she should look out for her mom.
....Only 2 Cents.....

Last edited:
Justus I agree I think all four of the Ws are guilty I also think the state has enough evidence they don't need to cut a deal with any of the Ws.

I've been looking this up but just my opinion. The death penalty is often used as leverage against you. The prosecution will trade it for LWOP if you will plead guilty.

If you have partners in crime the prosecution might take the death penalty off the table if you turn state's evidence and your testimony will strengthen their case.

[turn state's evidence]
DEFINITION
Giving information in court against one's partners in order to receive a less severe punishment.

But I agree with you that the state has enough evidence against the Wagners so they would not need one of the Wagner's to turn state 's evidence (testify against the others).

Let's say the prosecution has enough evidence to prove their case and doesn't need help from a Wagner's testimony.
Under these conditions
would the prosecution still accept a guilty plea in exchange for LWOP if it would spare them a trial?

Example:
The prosecution has a strong case and does not need any Wagner to turn state's evidence.
Wagner X's attorney goes to Canepa and says X will plead guilty to all charges in exchange for LWOP.

#1.) Do you think Canepa would accept that deal in order to spare the massive cost of a trial?

#2.) Or do you think she would say no, we have a strong case and want to pursue the death penalty against X?

Last edited:
I've been looking this up but just my opinion. The death penalty is often used as leverage against you. The prosecution will trade it for LWOP if you will plead guilty.

If you have partners in crime the prosecution might take the death penalty off the table if you turn state's evidence and your testimony will strengthen their case.

[turn state's evidence]
DEFINITION
  1. US Criminal Law
    Giving information in court against one's partners in order to receive a less severe punishment.
But I agree with you that the state has enough evidence against the Wagners so they would not need one of the Wagner's to turn state 's evidence.

Let's say the prosecution has enough evidence to prove their case and doesn't need help from a Wagner's testimony.
Under these conditions
would the prosecution still accept a guilty plea in exchange for LWOP if it would spare them a trial?

Example:
The prosecution has a strong case and does not need any Wagner to turn state's evidence.
Wagner X's attorney goes to Canepa and says X will plead guilty to all charges in exchange for LWOP.

#1.) Do you think Canepa would accept that deal in order to spare the massive cost of a trial?

#2.) Or do you think she would say no, we have a strong case and want to pursue the death penalty against X?

CC I kinda lean towards #2, for some reason I think the state wants to try these cases and win. I don't see the state being concerned with saving money at this point they have spent too much on preserving and storing the homes, and numerous hours of following leads and multiple agencies assisting in the investigation and searches. In a way I see it having the notoriety similar to the Manson family and murders and I think Junk and Canepa will follow it through. However, if one of the W4 should decide to plead guilty it would strengthen the prosecution case against the remaining family, and I don't see any of them giving up even the slightest chance of being free. I see the W4 as the type of people who would rather die than be caged the rest of their lives.
Cool Cats you have brought up a lot of interesting points and things to consider. I'll admit I have thought about this case and Rhoden/Gilley family almost every night.

It's probably been 35 years since Angie 's mom told her no. You don't tell Angie no! Seriously, I can't imagine Angie ever paid attention to the word no, because she's too controlling and manipulative. Opinion only.

Yah. I agree with you. But what I meant is that Angela's not taking the risk of being sent to jail only Rita is. No matter what, the jail and Junk cannot limit Angela's attorney phone calls just other calls, but Rita is at risk to lose her freedom.

If Angie had any idea whosoever that her mom could have her bond revoked, then yes I feel Angie is partly responsible for her mom going back to jail. (If that happens)

If it were me I would say "mom I can only talk a minute to say I love you and how's grandma? Ok, I'll let you go, I don't want your bond getting revoked and you ending up in a hell hole like me, take care mom!"

....Only 2 Cents.....

I wonder if RN and AW know how strong the case is against her and that this is their last chance to communicate before RN is convicted? More of a "what difference does make" mentality.

I wonder if RN and AW know how strong the case is against her and that this is their last chance to communicate before RN is convicted? More of a "what difference does make" mentality.

CC I kinda lean towards #2, for some reason I think the state wants to try these cases and win. I don't see the state being concerned with saving money at this point they have spent too much on preserving and storing the homes, and numerous hours of following leads and multiple agencies assisting in the investigation and searches. In a way I see it having the notoriety similar to the Manson family and murders and I think Junk and Canepa will follow it through. However, if one of the W4 should decide to plead guilty it would strengthen the prosecution case against the remaining family, and I don't see any of them giving up even the slightest chance of being free. I see the W4 as the type of people who would rather die than be caged the rest of their lives.
Cool Cats you have brought up a lot of interesting points and things to consider. I'll admit I have thought about this case and Rhoden/Gilley family almost every night.

Yes, it could be that they just don't care--- a what difference does it make?

I absolutely agree that this case is notorious-- up there with other notorious cases.

This is like a mass shooting, as if a gunman went to a Rhoden family reunion and shot 8 people. This case isn't like other murder cases, too severe, a whole family shot at point blank range with babies in beds and a 3 year old asleep and the patriarch ambushed and shot 9 times and others shot 3-4-5 X's in their head/face and 2 teenagers and 2 barely out of their teens... :mad:

So I think the State of Ohio will do all it can to add a second woman to death row, and to add 3 more men. This doesn't get much more real.
Donna Marie Roberts (born May 22, 1944), an American convicted of being an accomplice to murder, is the only woman on death row in the State of Ohio.[1]

Karma....I believe in it.....The Wagner's took away the Rhoden's and HG's God given rights to have relationships with their children and with each other. Now Angela is cut off from her mom, husband, sons, and 2 grandkids. If Angela is guilty this can't be lost on her.

Last edited:

[turn state's evidence]
DEFINITION

But I agree with you that the state has enough evidence against the Wagners so they would not need one of the Wagner's to turn state 's evidence (testify against the others).

Under these conditions

Example:

I believe that number #1 would happen. Remember there are four trials, so dollar wise we are talking millions. IMO there will be deals cut. JMO. I read that 94% of all felonies are pled down. :eek: I seriously doubt Ms. Canepa is hell bent on the death penalty in any case she tries. Then you have Rob Junk and his input so who knows what the future holds.

I believe that number #1 would happen. Remember there are four trials, so dollar wise we are talking millions. IMO there will be deals cut. JMO. I read that 94% of all felonies are pled down. :eek: I seriously doubt Ms. Canepa is hell bent on the death penalty in any case she tries. Then you have Rob Junk and his input so who knows what the future holds.

Thanx for your opinion. I can think of another reason for # 1:

The families and the prosecution and the public would get a better understanding of what happened. If one turned and testified everybody could learn what really happened. Not saying a Wagner would be completely truthful, but it would create a clearer picture and so many questions could be answered.

Just for this reason alone, If I were the prosecutor I'd accept a deal for LWOP but they would have to tell me everything, if caught lying, no deal.

Yes, it could be that they just don't care--- a what difference does it make?

I absolutely agree that this case is notorious-- up there with other notorious cases.

This is like a mass shooting, as if a gunman went to a Rhoden family reunion and shot 8 people. This case isn't like other murder cases, too severe, a whole family shot at point blank range with babies in beds and a 3 year old asleep and the patriarch ambushed and shot 9 times and others shot 3-4-5 X's in their head/face and 2 teenagers and 2 barely out of their teens... :mad:

So I think the State of Ohio will do all it can to add a second woman to death row, and to add 3 more men. This doesn't get much more real.
Donna Marie Roberts (born May 22, 1944), an American convicted of being an accomplice to murder, is the only woman on death row in the State of Ohio.[1]

Karma....I believe in it.....The Wagner's took away the Rhoden's and HG's God given rights to have relationships with their children and with each other. Now Angela is cut off from her mom, husband, sons, and 2 grandkids. If Angela is guilty this can't be lost on her.

JMO, but I don't believe anyone on the prosecution side is out to make this about themselves. I can't say that about the Defense. I truly believe from LE all the way up to Dewine, the countless individuals involved across 10 states worked tirelessly and did all they could to bring justice to the victims by bringing their killers to arrests and now to be convicted to the fullest extent of the law. Reader had the utmost support from most of LE across the State of Ohio. IMO the killers deserve NO mercy because they showed NO mercy. An eye for an eye. All JMO.

Last edited:

The families and the prosecution and the public would get a better understanding of what happened. If one turned and testified everybody could learn what really happened. Not saying a Wagner would be completely truthful, but it would create a clearer picture and so many questions could be answered.

Just for this reason alone, If I were the prosecutor I'd accept a deal for LWOP but they would have to tell me everything, if caught lying, no deal.

Good thoughts CC. I wonder what the families of the victims would want? I know it's easy to say death penalty, but that is a nightmare in itself. Years and years of waiting on it to happen, and then it doesn't in some cases. Reference Lawrence Landrum *Chillicothe, Oh.* from over 30 years ago :mad::mad::mad:, yet he still breathes prison air!

Here is one reason I think there could be deals.

http://www.otse.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/OTSE_CostOfTheDeathPenaltyInOhio.pdf

I knew someone quite well that lied so much so often that they thought their lies were true. Their lies became part of their memory of events.

Thank you Betty and your right, she will do everything she can to save those boys and Betty your exactly right again AW will hang FW and BW, if she has any dirt on Robin she better pack her bags also, JMO

JMO and IANAL, but I’m not sure AW can testify against BW since they are legally married. I know the prosecution can’t force her but she may be able to testify voluntarily but IDK. If they offer to take the DP of the table for her to testify I’m not sure if she can testify. You KNOW she won’t testify against her boys or her mom but I’m sure she would on FW. She probably thinks if we go you go too.

[turn state's evidence]
DEFINITION

Under these conditions

Example:

BBM #1– yes, because I think the stress of all 5-6 trials is so very stressful and mentally taxing. Even if only 1 case was resolved it would greatly help. I think the cases will be more stressful going down the road due to the problems of finding another impartial jury and with all the media exploitation once the facts come out in the first of the W4 trials. It will be much harder to keep under wraps and juries most likely sequestered during the trials.

BBM #1– yes, because I think the stress of all 5-6 trials is so very stressful and mentally taxing. Even if only 1 case was resolved it would greatly help. I think the cases will be more stressful going down the road due to the problems of finding another impartial jury and with all the media exploitation once the facts come out in the first of the W4 trials. It will be much harder to keep under wraps and juries most likely sequestered during the trials.

IMO, one of the hardest hurdles will be seating jurors for 4 murder trials.

....Only 2 Cents.....
Oh I agree with that. I am really surprised they haven’t removed her phone privileges immediately. Why did they even have another opportunity to talk again after the last court hearing? Or am I misunderstanding that?

IMO, one of the hardest hurdles will be seating jurors for 4 murder trials.
I am kind of surprised that they aren’t moving the trials to say Hamilton, Butler, Adams counties. But don’t they have to attempt to find a suitable jury in Pike county first? If that is difficult on the first trial could they petition to move them to other counties then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa