Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Police say no footprints have been found in the search for Nóra Quoirin, and confirm that if the window in her room was not locked from inside, it could have been opened from outside. #NoraQuoirin

(Video)

RTÉ News on Twitter
So abduction is still, on a practical level, a possibility then. I think it’s unlikely, but obviously can’t be ruled out.

The footprints I hope aren’t true as that’s not good news. If it’s just her own then she wandered off and sadly six days in deep jungle with limited knowledge and resources isn’t a positive I’m afraid

Maybe just me but I'd rather she had just wandered off than been taken by someone. That wouldn't have a good ending either. But I guess it's remotely possible she could still be alive if she'd wandered off.

SBM
Police say that if the window in her room was not locked from inside, it could have been opened from outside. #NoraQuoirin
(Video)
RTÉ News on Twitter

GL-COMPOSITE-nora.jpg

Am trying to see where the catch/handle is on the outside of this window, which would enable someone to open it from the outside

The recording the mum made. She doesn't say, come out from where ever you are and show yourself. I wonder why?[/QUOTE

she may not understand basic commands like that.

I've worked with adults and children who have learning impairments for many years. I cant help but think Nora left of her own accord. Maybe something caught her eye - a lizard, bird etc and she followed it out of the apartment.

I hope Nora is ok and she is found soon. My heart breaks for her family but People with learning difficulties can be more resilient than people give them credit for so I'm holding on to hope she is found safe.

Goodness, they really do need a translator to provide a decent commentary in English to the reporters. I realise the Malaysian police are doing their utmost, but that was so difficult to follow and for the English only speakers they miss half of the information when it goes to a question in Malay.

I've worked with adults and children who have learning impairments for many years. I cant help but think Nora left of her own accord. Maybe something caught her eye - a lizard, bird etc and she followed it out of the apartment.

I hope Nora is ok and she is found soon. My heart breaks for her family but People with learning difficulties can be more resilient than people give them credit for so I'm holding on to hope she is found safe.

What would it take for someone with such difficulties to come out 'from hiding' then?

Last edited by a moderator:

In your experience (I have none), what's the likelihood that someone with impairments would know to stay put and not keep moving? Realizing of course that not all impairments are of the same severity!

At this stage there is ( as far as is available publicly) little evidence to support or discount any theory. Obviously there may well be evidence that has not been released so we are just making guesses. So nothing can be discounted as yet. The McCann case is also unsolved at this stage.

*modsnip*

Last edited by a moderator:
I still think this is very far fetched! I think parents jump to abduction because if it DID happen, they want the police to investigate it with urgency.

If a family member had flown out to do something like this, it would be obvious! Also, why would they wait until the family goes on holiday in a rainforest?

I’m sure they’re not proposing that a family member has done something to their daughter. Surely they’re thinking a stranger.

I've got to agree about the biological father theory and that's IF it's even actually the case that there IS a different father. Such a person would need a passport to travel to the country to abduct her and records of entry and exit into Malaysia would be a very obvious and easy to prove evidence.

I don't think her family had anything to do with this but it's really a toss up for me whether she went out or was taken out her window. All my own opinions, of course. Bottom line, like the rest of you, I am just really hoping she is found safely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305