OH Pike Co., 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue, 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am kind of surprised that they aren’t moving the trials to say Hamilton, Butler, Adams counties. But don’t they have to attempt to find a suitable jury in Pike county first? If that is difficult on the first trial could they petition to move them to other counties then?

Answering in a rush as I need to be up early in the morning so here goes.......

I think the trials will stay in Pike County, but out of county jurors might have to be brought in. Yes, they will have to "try" to seat a jury from Pike County residents but IMO it will be hard, especially for that many trials and jurors who would be willing to vote for a death penalty.

We also have to remember a DP vote has to be unanimous. I know a lot of people say they would have no problem giving a death penalty sentence, but when it comes right down to it, some just can't or won't. All JMHO.

Jake Wagner, 23, said there’s a 50/50 chance he’s Kylie’s father. He and Hanna Rhoden dated for nearly three years before they welcomed her half-sister, Sophia, now 2 1/2 years old. If Wagner is her father, that would mean her half-sister would become her full sister.

And there is nothing Wagner would like more, he said, fondly recalling how he pulled the tiny sock off her litty, bitty foot shortly after she was born on April 17. He was checking for a hammer index toe: A Wagner family trait.

He’s almost sure, he said, that he saw that bend. It’s the hope he holds onto these days.

But if he isn’t Kylie’s dad, and if the courts deem another man suitable to care for her, he will step aside -- at least partially.

So is Jake Wagner caught making bragging statements to the news people, if the two families where arguing a few weeks prior of the murders than here is another lie LE caught Jake in, I wouldn’t think that the Rhodens wouldn’t want any of the Wagners at the hospital that day, the Wagners where just to full of their self, they really thought that they were smarter than the LE and all of public, the Wagners are over bearing people that I would think that any jury would not have any trouble voting for the Death Penalty, Chris Graves put this article out 6/5/2016 at 6:13AM.
There is no doubt that LE knew who killed the Rhodens in June 2016 JMO

Jake Wagner, 23, said there’s a 50/50 chance he’s Kylie’s father. He and Hanna Rhoden dated for nearly three years before they welcomed her half-sister, Sophia, now 2 1/2 years old. If Wagner is her father, that would mean her half-sister would become her full sister.

And there is nothing Wagner would like more, he said, fondly recalling how he pulled the tiny sock off her litty, bitty foot shortly after she was born on April 17. He was checking for a hammer index toe: A Wagner family trait.

He’s almost sure, he said, that he saw that bend. It’s the hope he holds onto these days.

But if he isn’t Kylie’s dad, and if the courts deem another man suitable to care for her, he will step aside -- at least partially.

So is Jake Wagner caught making bragging statements to the news people, if the two families where arguing a few weeks prior of the murders than here is another lie LE caught Jake in, I wouldn’t think that the Rhodens wouldn’t want any of the Wagners at the hospital that day, the Wagners where just to full of their self, they really thought that they were smarter than the LE and all of public, the Wagners are over bearing people that I would think that any jury would not have any trouble voting for the Death Penalty, Chris Graves put this article out 6/5/2016 at 6:13AM.

That's a good point, Johnny. I wonder if HMR was just trying to keep the peace with JW because she had to deal with him during visitation times with S. I doubt DR was happy, but she had to go along with it, too.

You're right about the W's being overbearing, some would say bullying, people. JW's arrogance in that article is too much. :rolleyes: He's such an entitled, privileged person, the same attitude we see from FW. That won't play well before a jury, even with the smarmy, fake-politeness he's showing in court these days.

I have a feeling Chris Graves thought the Wagners were the killers back then.

Is there anything JW said to the media that can be taken as fact without another, non-Wagner, source as proof it is true? If JW was there at the hospital, it was because he brought Sophia to see her mom and sister. I doubt he was anywhere near that baby but this is all just my opinion only....

Is there anything JW said to the media that can be taken as fact without another, non-Wagner, source as proof it is true? If JW was there at the hospital, it was because he brought Sophia to see her mom and sister. I doubt he was anywhere near that baby but this is all just my opinion only....
So many of the witnesses are dead (by design). But surely there were friends, health care workers or others who were witness to those interactions. Given the deadly danger of the W's and the power and control they wielded in the local community, it's no wonder any surviving friends and family didn't speak out publicly about events leading up to the murders. They had no real protection from the Wagners. Even after the W4 moved to AK, FW was still there and probably had the means to punish anyone who spoke out against her clan.

When the trials are over, it will be interesting to hear from others around the victims about what happened leading up to the murders.

Last edited:

I with you on that. I don't believe anything they say. Too many lies. I believe the Ws and everyone else knew that KR was CGs child. Also that there was zero chance at all that it was ever questioned. I think when HR was done with JW, that was it. I think all the lies they told were only their attempt to make them look better. Not one word from them is believable to me. Even further, I would believe the opposite.

I with you on that. I don't believe anything they say. Too many lies. I believe the Ws and everyone else knew that KR was CGs child. Also that there was zero chance at all that it was ever questioned. I think when HR was done with JW, that was it. I think all the lies they told were only their attempt to make them look better. Not one word from them is believable to me. Even further, I would believe the opposite.

JW and his charm offensive. AW, too. FW and her standing in the shadow of the cross. :rolleyes:

It's probably been 35 years since Angie 's mom told her no. You don't tell Angie no! Seriously, I can't imagine Angie ever paid attention to the word no, because she's too controlling and manipulative. Opinion only.

Yah. I agree with you. But what I meant is that Angela's not taking the risk of being sent to jail only Rita is. No matter what, the jail and Junk cannot limit Angela's attorney phone calls just other calls, but Rita is at risk to lose her freedom.

If Angie had any idea whosoever that her mom could have her bond revoked, then yes I feel Angie is partly responsible for her mom going back to jail. (If that happens)

If it were me I would say "mom I can only talk a minute to say I love you and how's grandma? Ok, I'll let you go, I don't want your bond getting revoked and you ending up in a hell hole like me, take care mom!"

Angela's 48 not a scared 20 year old, she should look out for her mom.
....Only 2 Cents.....
Maybe Angie wants Rita in jail instead of out in the general public talking to everyone? Maybe Rita has been talking too much to other family members and Angie wants her locked up so she can't be talking.

Just a thought and JMO.

Thanx for your opinion. I can think of another reason for # 1:

The families and the prosecution and the public would get a better understanding of what happened. If one turned and testified everybody could learn what really happened. Not saying a Wagner would be completely truthful, but it would create a clearer picture and so many questions could be answered.

Just for this reason alone, If I were the prosecutor I'd accept a deal for LWOP but they would have to tell me everything, if caught lying, no deal.
IMO George is already thinking about flipping, I think he is really worried about his son being in the care of his ex wife, so will throw anyone under the bus to get out sooner to get his son back.

JMO

When’s the next batch of court dates tysm

STATE OF OHIO -vs- NEWCOMB, RITA JO

08/28 01:00 pm MOTION HEARING
10/21 08:30 am JURY TRIAL

07/25 MOTION TO REVOKE BOND FILED Attorney: CANEPA, ANGELA R

08/06 MOTION TO EXPEDITE REVOCATION HEARING FILED Attorney: ROBERT JUNK

STATE OF OHIO -vs- WAGNER, IV, GEORGE WASHINGTON
09/20 09:30 am MOTION HEARING

Wagner IV’s defense team has at least six outstanding pretrial motions on which Deering has not rendered a decision. The judge described those motions as non-substantive, meaning they are standard motions and no evidence or witnesses need be presented before he can render a decision. Deering set an Aug. 31 deadline for the defense to present any further such motions and gave the state until Sept. 13 to respond. Should either side feel the need to present oral arguments on those motions, that hearing is set for Sept. 20. Deering said officials will decide on a new trial date once discovery issues seem more settled.
Wagner IV’s trial delayed - Times Gazette

STATE OF OHIO -vs- WAGNER, III, GEORGE WASHINGTON
09/17 01:30 pm MOTION HEARING

STATE OF OHIO -vs- WAGNER, EDWARD JACOB
09/17
09:30 am MOTION HEARING

STATE OF OHIO -vs- WAGNER, ANGELA JO
__Nothing listed since 07/03

Last edited:
IMO George is already thinking about flipping, I think he is really worried about his son being in the care of his ex wife, so will throw anyone under the bus to get out sooner to get his son back.

JMO
He does seem very unhappy, annoyed, or just mad as hell about having to appear in court. I can imaging how he feels setting in his cell... Opinion only as usual...

JMO
Opinion
Yes he would throw his family under the bus to get his son back.
George 4 had posted that "his son is his whole world and he doesn't know what he'd do without him."

I am beginning to agree with some of the posters on here that GW4 had the least amount to gain and now that he's in jail he's angry :mad: that he got involved in his brother's business.

There's a reason that the prosecution thinks Billy is the mastermind, there must be evidence pointing to that. If that's the case then I imagine Billy being the one bringing up the plan and reassuring everybody that it's fool proof, no way they can be linked to it.

GW4: "I can't do this if there's any chance I'll be arrested and lose my son."
Billy: "I wouldn't be doing it if I thought it's all gonna come back on us but you can't arrest anyone without evidence and there ain't gonna be any."
GW4: "If your sure."
Billy: "George there's no way they'll connect us to it, you trust me? "

He'd throw dad Billy under the bus if Billy talked him into it. Probably throw the whole lot of them under the bus :eek: if it meant being with his son.

Just my 2 cents on the Wagners and just one scenario relating to GW4.

Last edited:
Per the court's website, journal entry for AW on 7/9/19:
"By agreement of the parties, the hearing upon all "non-substantive" pre-trial motions...remains scheduled for September 16, 2019, at 1:30 o'clock p.m."

https://pikecountycpcourt.org/eserv...RE0hS55KvLuhN0CW3pI*Sz7V2hkv3JHiSwUDEwEqoDKow

It's not listed on the Court's Events Calendar yet, but good catch! Thankx!

By agreement of the parties, the hearing upon all "non-substantive" pre-trial motions including the forty-nine (49) non-substantive pre-trial motions filed by the Defendant on December 14, 2018, remains scheduled for September 16, 2019, at 1:30 o'clock p.m.

I wonder why 49 Motions filed in December still haven't been ruled on 8 months later? o_O @Betty P ? And these are common non-substantive Motions like wearing street clothes:

12/14/2018 (18) DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO PERMIT ACCUSED TO APPEAR IN CIVILIAN CLOTHING AND WITHOUT RESTRAINTS AT ALL PROCEEDINGS FILED Attorney: KRAPENC, ROBERT F

Last edited:
Per the court's website, journal entry for AW on 7/9/19:
"By agreement of the parties, the hearing upon all "non-substantive" pre-trial motions...remains scheduled for September 16, 2019, at 1:30 o'clock p.m."

https://pikecountycpcourt.org/eserv...RE0hS55KvLuhN0CW3pI*Sz7V2hkv3JHiSwUDEwEqoDKow

Agree, there isn't much scheduled until next month, outside of RN's hearing. Now that discovery is nearly complete, things may slow down for a while. Defense will slow it with substantive motions, maybe? They're not in a hurry to go to trial.

Oh I agree with that. I am really surprised they haven’t removed her phone privileges immediately. Why did they even have another opportunity to talk again after the last court hearing? Or am I misunderstanding that?

The only thing I can think of is that they didn't listen to the recordings every day. The recordings built up over time and then they discovered all these conversations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member