Recovered/Located UK - Linh Le, 15, visitor from Vietnam, separated from tour group, York, 6 Aug 2019

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
824546-780x520.scale_type-center_crop.scale_type-center_crop.jpg

15-year-old Linh Le is wearing an “Arianna Grande” white jacket, blue short jeans and black shoes with a white rucksack.

She is visiting York from Vietnam and was separated from her tour group at 4:30pm on Coney St.

Linh does not speak any English and has never been to the UK before.

It’s thought she might be still be in York city centre.

Any information or sightings please quote Log - 469 of today.

Any sightings please call police asap.

Teenage visitor to York goes missing

Eight men have been arrested in connection with her disappearance.

Police said: "Following enquiries, eight people have been arrested in connection with her disappearance and remain in custody for questioning.

"Officers are growing increasingly concerned for Lihn Le's safety and are appealing to the public for information as to her whereabouts.

"It is believed that she could be anywhere in the country."
Eight arrested over missing teenage tourist

What does "on the bar walls" mean?
Good question, learning again somehing new here!

York city walls - Wikipedia

York has, since Roman times, been defended by walls of one form or another. To this day, substantial portions of the walls remain, and York has more miles of intact wall than any other city in England. They are known variously as York City Walls, the Bar Walls and the Roman walls (though this last is a misnomer as very little of the extant stonework is of Roman origin, and the course of the wall has been substantially altered since Roman times). The walls are generally 13 feet (4m) high and 6 feet (1.8m) wide.[1]

Or...

Wall Trail – Home Page

Eight men have been arrested in connection with her disappearance.

Police said: "Following enquiries, eight people have been arrested in connection with her disappearance and remain in custody for questioning.

"Officers are growing increasingly concerned for Lihn Le's safety and are appealing to the public for information as to her whereabouts.

"It is believed that she could be anywhere in the country."
Eight arrested over missing teenage tourist

Oh my goodness! That sounds ominous and scary. I wonder how she got separated from her group? I really hope they can find her. Lots of prayers going up!

Following.
First it was said "It’s thought she might be still be in York city centre."

Now after the arrest of EIGHT men, it's stated " "It is believed that she could be anywhere in the country."
wth? Authorities wouldn't say that if they didn't have real cause to.
Last seen with an Asian man, about 20 years old, according to the article. Very afraid this young man lured her away from the group and took her somewhere on a pretext.

Hoping the arrest yields info on where this young woman is.....asap. She has to be rescued quickly.

That’s immediately where my mind went too. And I know it’s rare for it to be trafficking in a situation like this.

I think it's probably more common than we realise. Quite often it's prearranged with family's prior to coming, thinking they will get work. Obviously they don't realise that it's just trafficking.

I think it's probably more common than we realise. Quite often it's prearranged with family's prior to coming, thinking they will get work. Obviously they don't realise that it's just trafficking.
No, it's quite common, according to this article in Swedish there were at least 30,000 missing immigrant children in Europe in 2017 who came here without relatives, they are somewhere but nobody knows where or what have happened to them, and no one is looking to find them. Det finns åtminstone 30 000 försvunna barn i EU – och ingen försöker hitta dem
At least in this case the police is trying to find the missing girl.

Yes, unfortunately it is quite common in UK just not discussed much. I have made thread for UK cases here -

UK - UK - Lingran Lin, 11, & Lingshan Lin, 15, Hove, Sussex, 29 July 2006 (Human Trafficking)

Sad situation is you never know at first if really something happened to them or if it is prearranged trafficking. Due to amount of arrest in this case I do lean on now to 2nd option, prearranged international trafficking.

Last edited:
I don't think she went unwillingly with the man, this must have been pre-planned. Her plan could have been to pose as a tourist and then vanish for a new life in the uk. A young girl in this situation would be exploited terribly so even if she went along willingly it is still hugely concerning. She needs to be found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back