Found Deceased Malaysia - Nora Quoirin, 15, from UK, special needs, missing on vacation, Seremban, 4 Aug 2019 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only know that the Dad went to see her at 8am in morning and noticed she was missing. It was their first night staying there. We have been asking and asking about taxi's, resort staff etc over and over but we don't know. We are also unsure if her shoes are missing or not. Did you see my post two above? That is the first time I've heard of people who witnessed her disappearance. That is a bit alarming.
I suspect poor translation and actually means were aware of or were around at that time?

Here's an update in English from The Malaysian Insight, not the same article as the one Officer Dibble translated, but fairly close

POLICE have searched several houses and carried out criminal background checks for some residents of Kg Pantai, Seremban, where British-born teenager Nora Quoirin went missing last week.

Negri Sembilan police chief Mohamad Mat Yusof said police were looking for possible evidence of a kidnapping.

Police search Kg Pantai houses in hunt for missing teen | The Malaysian Insight

IF she was taken against her will, the best scenario would be for a ransom. This looking unlikely but you never know, if kidnapped, could be biding their time. However,. I have no strong feelings for any of the possibilities, just lots of unanswered questions. I would really like to know who actually saw Nora at the resort

Cheers! After the Libby case I needed a break. What are your thoughts on this case so far?

I dunno. She could have wandered off and got lost in the jungle or the river. She could have gone outside and been enticed away by someone. I really doubt anyone snatched her from her bed without making a sound. None of the usual scenarios fit, really. The family should have been safe there. I'm very confused by it all!

So it’s a little after 8:00 pm there now so I suppose they are done searching for today. This is so sad. If she did wander off, it’s obvious something happened that renders her unable to answer the searchers. If she was abducted, I think it has to be either a person staying at the resort or working at the resort. It wouldn’t have been random IMO.

IF she was taken against her will, the best scenario would be for a ransom. This looking unlikely but you never know, if kidnapped, could be biding their time. However,. I have no strong feelings for any of the possibilities, just lots of unanswered questions. I would really like to know who actually saw Nora at the resort
I read they have interviewed the taxi driver who drove them to the resort.
Her mother's anguish was,in my opinion, totally genuine,so I do believe she arrived at the resort and disappeared on the Sunday.

I was thinking similar. I have an acquaintance whose daughter was held with a large knife over her throat for money in the outskirts of KL. I have heard of another similar story from another friend who lives in KL. If Nóra was kidnapped, the kidnapper may have been too slow in contacting the parents - they may have not been thinking this would escalate to such a large operation, and hence still may be hiding her somewhere. Only speculating though, not saying this is a strong possibility.

I read they have interviewed the taxi driver who drove them to the resort.
Her mother's anguish was,in my opinion, totally genuine,so I do believe she arrived at the resort and disappeared on the Sunday.

BBM

Totally agree with this. The poor family, especially Nora's mum, are reacting exactly how you would expect when their beloved child is missing. It was heart breaking watching her mum speaking to the searchers and made me want to go out there to help. After some other cases where children have allegedly gone missing we tend to get quite cynical but there is no doubt in my mind that this family is genuine in their distress - remember this lady is very used to public speaking and was still falling apart bless her heart. JMO

Nora's disability definitely makes this case different to others. Her lack of independence means its unlikely she would leave her family's side, especially in unfamiliar surroundings. So what caught her attention? Or did the layout of the house confuse her, was the door of her parents bedroom closed and she decided to go looking for them? Or was someone outside the window?

If one of her other siblings was missing, I'd have assumed they'd have gone exploring early and got lost in the forest. But I really think Nora does what the rest of the family do as opposed to making her own decisions. If she wanted to play or explore its probably more likely she would have woken her mum up to accompany her.

I also imagine her to be very trusting in others. She's probably very sheltered and around very nice people all the time and has no experience of bad people. She's probably very easily enticed and wouldn't question people's motives like the other kids probably would and alert their parents by screaming or running away.

What I find hard to understand is that the open window is below the mezzanine where her siblings were sleeping and is only meters away. You'd be able to hear everything in a quiet setting like this.

BBM

Totally agree with this. The poor family, especially Nora's mum, are reacting exactly how you would expect when their beloved child is missing. It was heart breaking watching her mum speaking to the searchers and made me want to go out there to help. After some other cases where children have allegedly gone missing we tend to get quite cynical but there is no doubt in my mind that this family is genuine in their distress - remember this lady is very used to public speaking and was still falling apart bless her heart. JMO
I must add I believe the anguish is totally genuine. I am thinking more of staff who may have spoken to Nora, been friendly etc and therefore Nora trusted someone. If Ihad misgivings about family involvement, I would not post on here due to the potential to cause further pain and distress to them

Negri Sembilan police chief: Search area for missing Irish teen scaled down to 4km | Malay Mail
"NILAI, Aug 10 — The scale of the search and rescue (SAR) operation for missing Franco-Irish teenager Nora Anne Quoirin, has been reduced from an area that spanned a radius of six kilometres to four kilometres from where she was believed to have gone missing, said Negeri Sembilan police chief Datuk Mohamad Mat Yusop.

He said this was because police believed that the 15-year-old would not go far from the Dusun Resort in Pantai, here, that her family was staying.

However, he said so far there had been no positive indication from the search efforts which entered its seventh day today, reiterating that the police would do their best in tracing her."

I wonder how the family thinks she was kidnapped. I mean exactly how. Surely they don't think a kidnapper climbed the spiral staircase and then went down it carrying Nora and escaped with the two of them out the window. Do they at least allow for Nora to be downstairs BY the window to begin with, all on her own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam