CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify, according to posts on this thread, if the times reported are correct, BT's reported agitation at the kennel (8:10am) occurred before the neighbor's video (8:15am). But I do hope that LE, if they're investigating this, double-check all clocks, time-stamps, etc. JMO
I was confused on which sighting was last but according to VI the kennel was last sighting. Maybe he can confirm for us.

CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5
that is the last time Barbara was seen by anyone other than Robert, as far as we know. significant

I was confused on which sighting was last but according to VI the kennel was last sighting. Maybe he can confirm for us.

CA - CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #5
that is the last time Barbara was seen by anyone other than Robert, as far as we know. significant
it is not in this chat. neighbor gave a time range that he 'saw' them with his own eyes getting ready to leave (not talking video atm) and the time fits.

Did I miss the post that the dog is still at the kennel?

I saw that someone posted that the VI said that the dog was still at the kennel.
Searching back (not perfectly!) I came across this, which seems to imply that the dog is regularly at the kennel but is never seen being walked.

i have asked. Barb has always been a private person. if she has any friends, not one has stepped forward to share anything. either they are afraid to speak or they dont exist.
this line of thought leads us to some very important questions about the lifestyle her and robbie led, and the nature of their relationship.
at this point, as far as i know, barbs best friend, her collie, is being routinely dropped at the kennel. noone has seen it walked since she disappeared.
according to robbie, barb was best friends with his daughter and his sister.

<snipped by me>

I saw that someone posted that the VI said that the dog was still at the kennel.
Searching back (not perfectly!) I came across this, which seems to imply that the dog is regularly at the kennel but is never seen being walked.
If the dog is being routinely dropped at the kennel, that would mean that the dog was not always at the kennel. It's disturbing, however, if people haven't seen the dog being walked, unless the dog is being walked at a time/place others haven't seen, or unless she can run around in a fenced yard or something like that. JMO.

That is very kind of you to say and you're welcome. However, this is a team effort; many different people posted those articles and dug up email addresses so I can't take credit.

Now, let's get busy! I want to hear the 911 call. I would like a reporter to get clarification from SBCSO as to why Nixle says they were hiking, "approximately 20 miles north of the I-40 freeway" when the command center was at Kelbaker/Hidden Hill Rd.

What would you like them to tell us? :) MOO
BBM

Ita , for both bolded items. ^^^

I have confidence that LE have already listened to the 911 call.
Perhaps more than once ?

"Routinely dropped at the kennel" is a lot different from being there full-time. It means that the dog isn't being left home alone if the owner's out all day. I would expect the dog to be walked while under the care of the dog minders. If the Thomases have a decent sized garden, that would be good enough the rest of the time.

Oh, absolutely!

Also adding to my wishlist for reporters to ferret out...

When was the photo of Barbara in the bikini top, hat, and sunglasses taken?

MOO

Another question to ask, and forgive me if this has already been asked of LE/MSM, but is she seen on any of the photos RT took that day? The photos wouldn't have to be released but it would be nice to know if she was, in fact, in the desert that day.

Hi all - hope everyone is enjoying a peaceful Saturday. I have a busy day ahead, but wanted to check in to see if there are any updates on BT. Sadly none.

As I've posted upthread, my colleague from Bullhead states there are "thousands of mines in that area that go for miles deep". He suggested it would be near impossible to find BT if that ended up being her fate. I'm not as defeated as that.

*If*, and a big *IF* BT has met with this sad fate and is in a mine, there are two vectors I would explore. First, I would grid search for mines within a reasonable vector of her alleged last sighting by RT. Cave cams required.

Second vector would be the closest known patch of mines closely off road in the exact opposite direction. Close off road, with a sneaky inlet road. I would use their home as a mid point calibrator.

If this is her fate, she's not far, but perhaps deep. Cave cams required. Apologies to the nephew reading this; not a nice thought, but practical.

If I can find a map of the mines, or groups of mines, (if it exists), I can offer even better speculations.

Amateur opinion and speculations

"Routinely dropped at the kennel" is a lot different from being there full-time. It means that the dog isn't being left home alone if the owner's out all day. I would expect the dog to be walked while under the care of the dog minders. If the Thomases have a decent sized garden, that would be good enough the rest of the time.
Maybe it's one of those doggy day care type kennels.
If RT is out of the house all day, he may not want to leave the dog alone.

The kennel I used to use was also attached to the vets and the groomer. Maybe the dog needed medical attention and required a stay for a few days?

Maybe the information came from the neighbor since they said they had not seen the dog being walked, and they just assumed the dog was being dropped off regularly at the kennel. This was several days ago so we don't know if it's still the case. Imo

Oh, absolutely!

Also adding to my wishlist for reporters to ferret out...

When was the photo of Barbara in the bikini top, hat, and sunglasses taken?

MOO

I also want reporters to find out whether or not any search warrants have been executed r/t BT's disappearance and if so, to publish copies of those.

Last edited:
Another question to ask, and forgive me if this has already been asked of LE/MSM, but is she seen on any of the photos RT took that day? The photos wouldn't have to be released but it would be nice to know if she was, in fact, in the desert that day.
I also want reporters to find out whether or not any search warrants have been executed r/t BT's disappearance and if so, to publish copies of those.
Believe it or not, I have a list going for story suggestions too. I live by lists, ya'll! I'll add these and post shortly. Maybe we can come up with even more ideas. :)

We can’t seem to get an answer to this but here’s my guess: No, because if she was, it would add credence to the kidnapping claim, in which case LE would have released them to the public so we could keep an eye out. We don’t (I think!) have any confirmation the “bikini picture” was taken that day. It’s rather poor quality and I would think LE would give us as many pix of her from that day as possible to augment that one. It might even be helpful for the public to see what the landscape looked like exactly where BT had been seen and photographed.

Okay, here are ten story suggestions to pitch to the media. Thanks so much for your input and let me know if you have anything to add. :)

I will also post the contact information in the media thread for easy reference.

Story ideas for MSM.

1. Can you please request and publish audio of the 911 call? For example:
Video: 911 call released in case of missing Illinois boy

If you can't release the audio, would you consider publishing a transcript? For example:
EXCLUSIVE: Officials release 911 call in Casey Hathaway disappearance

The 911 call for reference:
Dispatch Call Log – San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department (filter to River Station)
7/12/2019 3:26:24 PM CR CR191930018 CRR1900230 MISPER NAT 936** HIDDEN HILLS RD, KEL

2. Can you provide clarification from SBCSO as to why Nixle says “Barbara and her husband Robert were hiking in the Mohave desert approximately 20 miles north of the I-40 freeway east of Kelbaker Rd." when the command center was set up at Kelbaker/Hidden Hill Rd approx. 6.3 miles from I-40?
July 22nd - The investigation continues into the whereabouts of missing person Barbara Thomas from SBSD - Colorado River Sheriffs Department : Nixle

3. Have there been any search warrants obtained and executed related to Barbara’s disappearance and if so, will you publish those? Like this:
Police Execute Search Warrant at Home of Missing Mom's Estranged Husband: Source

4. When was the photo of Barbara in the bikini top, hat, and sunglasses taken? In the photo, she appears to have on what her husband described as what she was wearing when she was last seen. But, was that specific photo taken the day she disappeared or during another trip to the desert? Could this be the last known picture of Barbara Thomas?

See image 2 of 2 from the initial Nixle report:
The search for 69-year-old Barbara Thomas is continuing In the area of Kelbaker/ Hidden Hills near ... from SBSD - Colorado River Sheriffs Department : Nixle

5. It has been widely reported that Barbara disappeared in a matter of minutes after her husband stopped to take a photo of a rock formation. Can you report on whether or not Barbara was seen in any of the photos that were taken in the desert on July 12? Is there any evidence at all that Barbara was indeed, in the desert that day?

6. If Robert and Barbara left their home sometime around 8 a.m., it’s a 1.5-hour drive to Kelbaker/Hidden Hill Rd, and they went for a 2-hour walk, what happened in the remaining hours? Not one news agency has put together a timeline. Can you do that? For example:
Timeline In the Case of Missing WI Teenager Jayme Closs - KVRR Local News

7. Can you reach out to Robert and Barbara’s neighbors? If they have surveillance footage, can you obtain and publish a still photo? For example:
This is the last known photo of missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis

8. Can you interview one of the SAR team members? Did the search dogs hit on anything?
West Valley SAR on Twitter

9. Can you interview a PI and get his/her thoughts? A former law enforcement officer, perhaps? For example:
Private investigator explains what he thinks happened to Mackenzie Lueck

10. Can you report on what the dispatch log entries below were about? (Filter to Colorado River Station)
Dispatch Call Log – San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department
7/26/2019 4:55:53 AM CR CR192070002 FU KELBAKER RD/HIDDEN HILLS RD, KEL
7/27/2019 10:34:59 PM CR CR192080031 INFO NAT I 40 EXIT 100 OFRP W/ESSEX RD, ESX[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member