Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apples and orange peels.

From the link above, Mark Saunders was prompted to release the report by:

"compassion for the families and in recognition of the widespread impact the attack had on the community."

I agree. To continue with the movie analogy, it's kind of like, it was a thriller, edge of your seat type of movie, you were always left wondering what would happen next, you were glued to the screen in anticipation.... and then the movie cuts to a black screen and you have to make up your own mind of what actually happened. Darn!
Thanks so much for triggering a Sopranos flashback.... ;)

Other than gas and some groceries/food along the way, I don't imagine the cost of the trip was all that expensive. The truck/camper would be the biggest expense for fuel. Once they had the Rav 4 it would have been about $50-$60 or so to fill up with a distance of about 600-700km per tank. They had basically just hit the road when the couple was murdered so I highly doubt they were short on cash at that point. I don't think they were really ever short on cash IMO.

I also heard the lawyer say they found LD burnt and he goes on to say something about if he had been shot. LD's body was 2km away from the burnt truck.

Re the CBC interview just posted, I’ll repeat something that I suggested before.

I don’t think that the murder of Deese and Fowler was about money. Schmegelsky’s great uncle says they had “a fair amount of cash”. McLeod’s family is reasonably well off. If short, a call home would fix the problem.

I also think that they had a reasonable prospect, if they kept their cool and got rid of the murder weapon(s), of getting away with the initial murders.

Their decision to kill Dyck and steal his car sealed their fate, and surely they knew it.

Why? And why no note, assuming that there wasn’t one?

The whole thing sounds like a protracted suicide.

Meanwhile, the lovely people of the community went about their daily lives on that stretch of road after the vehicle was found, picking berries, finding burnt and unburnt matches, keys, etc. Billy Beardy and TV reporters were there, too. Makes me wonder why they were allowed to be there if it was too dangerous for police.

People were warned about the danger, but they were free to do as they pleased. That's not surprising. There were warnings about Hwy 97 in BC and that didn't stop people from traveling on the highway.

I wouldn’t assume that this case will result in something like the Danforth report. That was a mass shooting of 15 people in the middle of Toronto. In my view, this is just not comparable. Not saying it won’t happen, but I think that we are talking apples and oranges.

Others may disagree.
I totally agree, and by "report" I meant whatever the RCMP decides to release, in whatever form they decide.

Other than gas and some groceries/food along the way, I don't imagine the cost of the trip was all that expensive. The truck/camper would be the biggest expense for fuel. Once they had the Rav 4 it would have been about $50-$60 or so to fill up with a distance of about 600-700km per tank. They had basically just hit the road when the couple was murdered so I highly doubt they were short on cash at that point. I don't think they were really ever short on cash IMO.

I also heard the lawyer say they found LD burnt and he goes on to say something about if he had been shot. LD's body was 2km away from the burnt truck.
This is the first time I have read that his body was not in the vicinity of the truck, although I am sure this is a well known fact.

I heard it as we don't know how he was murdered, they found his body burnt, but if it's a bullet (that actually killed him)... Mr. Doroshenko certainly appears to know something here and this is only apparent my the way he says it. There is no "...if they found his body burnt." It makes sense of course that, if they torched their camper to destroy evidence, and had killed him, that they may well have tried to burn him as well. JMO I am interested in how others hear this.
The lawyer made that up IMO

This is the first time I have read that his body was not in the vicinity of the truck, although I am sure this is a well known fact.

It was reported on Friday, July 19 that the truck was found on fire, then a body was reported found some distance away near the Stikine River bridge.

Re the CBC interview just posted, I’ll repeat something that I suggested before.

I don’t think that the murder of Deese and Fowler was about money. Schmegelsky’s great uncle says they had “a fair amount of cash”. McLeod’s family is reasonably well off. If short, a call home would fix the problem.

I also think that they had a reasonable prospect, if they kept their cool and got rid of the murder weapon(s), of getting away with the initial murders.

Their decision to kill Dyck and steal his car sealed their fate, and surely they knew it.

Why? And why no note, assuming that there wasn’t one?

The whole thing sounds like a protracted suicide.

[bbm]

like maybe they thought might as well take a few out with us so we get to experience what it's like to kill someone before we kill ourselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam