Found Deceased KY - Savannah Spurlock, 22, left 'The Other Bar' with 2 men, Richmond, 4 Jan 2019 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an old saying that a prosecutor can get a GJ to indict a ham sandwich. The defense doesn't present any evidence. All the prosecutor would have to show is a crime was committed & the perp likely did it. She was found dead on his parents property & he was last to see her. Heck, might not take even thirty minutes. jmo
Don't they have to present evidence, such as surveillance footage, cell phone data, autopsy reports, and witnesses? Physical evidence from the home? Footage of his interviews with LE?
How could it take so little time? How is it different than a regular trial?
I guess I will have to do some research.
I don't know much about how a trial with a Grand Jury is different from other ones.
I would think it would take several days to present all the evidence and present their case.
Is the jury allowed to ask questions? Imo

There is an old saying that a prosecutor can get a GJ to indict a ham sandwich. The defense doesn't present any evidence. All the prosecutor would have to show is a crime was committed & the perp likely did it. She was found dead on his parents property & he was last to see her. Heck, might not take even thirty minutes. jmo

Yes, DTs do purposefully put out that myth ad nauseam just like they always like to pretend CE isn't as weighty as direct evidence cases.

Both are totally untrue. Grand jurors take their duties very seriously. They know their decisions if it's a true bill starts the criminal process.
That's why they also usually no bill some cases telling the prosecutor that more evidence is needed.

The witness testimonies will be far long than 30 minutes. Much longer, imo

Jmho

Don't they have to present evidence, such as surveillance footage, cell phone data, autopsy reports, and witnesses? Physical evidence from the home? Footage of his interviews with LE?
How could it take so little time? How is it different than a regular trial?
I guess I will have to do some research.
I don't know much about how a trial with a Grand Jury is different from other ones.
I would think it would take several days to present all the evidence and present their case.
Is the jury allowed to ask questions? Imo

Yes, it is not done in a quick 30 minutes. You are right they must layout the facts showing why they are asking for such a serious charge.

This is not a case about someone running a red light or speeding where the only one who testifies is the police officer.

There is no timeline on how long they last.

And yes you are right most jurors will have questions for the testifying witnesses themselves. Which is a good thing because it gives the DA feedback as to what else may be important to the jurors who will be on the actual criminal trial itself.

Imo

Yes, it is not done in a quick 30 minutes. You are right they must layout the facts showing why they are asking for such a serious charge.

This is not a case about someone running a red light or speeding where the only one who testifies is the police officer.

There is no timeline on how long they last.

And yes you are right most jurors will have questions for the testifying witnesses themselves. Which is a good thing because it gives the DA feedback as to what else may be important to the jurors who will be on the actual criminal trial itself.

Imo
We don't know if any additional charges will be made. It is my opinion that it would be very easy and quick to secure an indictment for the current charges. He was last to see her & found on parents property. Shouldn't take long to present that.

Here's the thing.. A real Man would have saw someone stranded and vulnerable and would have assisted her in some way. Not drive her 40 miles away to their house where she ends up murdered.
Even if she went to Party to "hook-up" Whatever..

Not to stray too far off-topic, but currently Kentucky's hate crime laws have come under criticism for being unsubstantial

'Worthless’: Commowealth’s Attorney rips Kentucky’s hate-crime law

There are legislative efforts under way to change the laws Neal files bill to amend Kentucky's hate crime laws - Insider Louisville

Another article: The problem with Kentucky’s hate crime law? ‘It doesn’t really do much of anything’

It sounds like nothing additional would happen with SS's case if the hate crimes laws currently in effect in KY were attempted to be applied, IMO, but I have no legal background.

How does anyone know Savannah wouldn't be attracted to a white man? Does anyone know that had never happened or couldn't happen?

Couldn't she have been raped because the man who raped her was a rapist and had nothing to do with jealousy over the two other men being African American? She could have been brutally raped if all or some of the men were White, Indian, Asian or Hispanic or a mix of races etc.

To think this was a hate crime and think Savannah only would have sex with a black male is leaning toward racist thinking yourself. That's like saying if her children's fathers were white she would never ever have sex with a black male. Why even look at race, Savannah left with three men.

What Experts Know About Men Who Rape

Last edited:
I think that posters are speculating this inclination because her babies are with black fathers. It is not a racist observation. To me, it's like a man saying that he prefers brunettes over blondes. She just seems (from previous observations from us--people who don't know her) that she might find African American men more attractive.

It looked like the man she was walking arm in arm with would be the man she was interested in. Why did they all three drive for an hour to go to David's home? Two of the men lived in Lexington from what I understand and David lived in Lancaster. Two men without dates and Savannah with the one man that had someone. If the one man wanted sex and so did Savannah, why wouldn't he just get a room and not go off with his buddies too since he had himself a girl. Also David looks uninterested in the picture I've viewed of them walking to the parking garage. Could be he wasn't interested in picking a girl up but that these three men went out for a drink as co-workers. Also the third man isn't even walking with them in that picture. For me this is difficult to figure out. Why did they drive to Lancaster and why did the two men leave her at Davids and drive right back to Lexington when they knew her Mom wanted her car back soon. I don't think it's possible to know why these things happened, the usual would be for all four to do drugs and drink, party more. Most men would have sex if the woman wanted to but most men know what no means. Also there are men who would not want to have sex with any random girl picked up in a bar and especially if she were showing interest in someone else. The information about oral sex with all three throws a whole new light on this and if she left with all three and was agreeable to sex with all of them, then an OD sounds more likely but why hide her? I really hope we get some answers when the GJ meets.

BaileyC - I am in total agreement with your post. I observed the same things. I had the same thoughts and questions. I sure hope that police have the true story from the other guys who have yet to be charged.

I also saw how disinterested DS was when leaving the bar. I mean, was he ticked off that the girl was even with them? It sure didn't seem like a happy bunch leaving from the still that we saw. I also wondered where the third guy was. I guess that I just assumed that he went to get the vehicle that he and his friend drove in to the bar. DS and the other two were going to go in DS' vehicle. Who knows, though?

I don't know if the guys lived alone, togehter, with their parents...Does anyone know? Has it been stated?

I at first figured that they lured her with them by saying that they had drugs back at so-and-so's house. That was my first thought. Along with the rest of what I thought remains pure speculation backed up by no facts.

OD is the only thing that I don't believe unless it was OD along with violence and rape because blood was found on the closet door and the rug that they found, I think.

Can they choose to seal whatever comes out the GJ?

Is no one considering the fact that maybe savannah was just drunk and just didn't want to go home? When people are going through a rough patch in life they want to escape reality. She didn't go out until late, fell out with her friend, was intoxicated and just didn't want to go home back to the reality she was trying to escape from for one night? Nothing to do with drugs or hooking up. Just literally wanting to forget how bad she thought things was for one night? I know I have done that and I know many people who drink to forget and do things they probably would not do when they are sober but are just drinking to forget for a while.

Is no one considering the fact that maybe savannah was just drunk and just didn't want to go home? When people are going through a rough patch in life they want to escape reality. She didn't go out until late, fell out with her friend, was intoxicated and just didn't want to go home back to the reality she was trying to escape from for one night? Nothing to do with drugs or hooking up. Just literally wanting to forget how bad she thought things was for one night? I know I have done that and I know many people who drink to forget and do things they probably would not do when they are sober but are just drinking to forget for a while.

This is pretty much what I thought when I first read about Savannah being missing in the beginning. She just wasn't ready to go home yet and it's very sad that it turned out the way it has. moo

Guessing the guy driving had not been drinking - or didn’t care if he risked a dui for an hour drive to Lancaster? Why not stop at one of the guys place in Lexington?

This is also a good point tho, would be interesting to see what all there stories are as to how drunk they all were that night, with savannah, as we know David drove back alone in his truck. So if he admitted he was intoxicated that night could they not add a charge or would it only be of he was caught driving intoxicated. Just asking. Moo.

BaileyC - I am in total agreement with your post. I observed the same things. I had the same thoughts and questions. I sure hope that police have the true story from the other guys who have yet to be charged.

I also saw how disinterested DS was when leaving the bar. I mean, was he ticked off that the girl was even with them? It sure didn't seem like a happy bunch leaving from the still that we saw. I also wondered where the third guy was. I guess that I just assumed that he went to get the vehicle that he and his friend drove in to the bar. DS and the other two were going to go in DS' vehicle. Who knows, though?

I don't know if the guys lived alone, togehter, with their parents...Does anyone know? Has it been stated?

I at first figured that they lured her with them by saying that they had drugs back at so-and-so's house. That was my first thought. Along with the rest of what I thought remains pure speculation backed up by no facts.

OD is the only thing that I don't believe unless it was OD along with violence and rape because blood was found on the closet door and the rug that they found, I think.

Can they choose to seal whatever comes out the GJ?

We don't know how much blood was originally on that door and many ways blood could have gotten on that bedroom closet door if Savannah was still bleeding from having her twins or started bleeding again and consensual sex was involved. If she was highly intoxicated could have lost her balance and cut herself on something and transferred it to the door. This could have been a violent bloody murder but when I look at everything about this case it just doesn't add up to me. Thing is I was totally shocked when she was found in the shallow grave in the parents backyard, that would have been about the last place I would have thought she would be found. I truly thought in a deep lake or river.

Most definitely could have been the reason Savannah was with the three men but why did they all go to David's? Trying to figure out why she died and if drugs were involved, rape, sex or violence? Usually when a woman leaves with people from a bar they don't end up dead. In this case, right now, the nice guy from the respected family who rarely went out to bars is the suspect. Many think David brutally murdered Savannah and it just doesn't fit when you have heard a description of David Sparks. Him being a nice guy with a good job and a list of compliments on this guys character, doesn't mean he didn't do this but it's hard for me to think he did. The fact he buried her on his folks property is a shock to me and now possibly a cold blooded murderer. Also this is a little guy. Stands 5'6" tall and his weight on his first arrest was one hundred and twenty something pounds. It does look like he has bulked up over the past months and wondering if steroids could be involved. His weight was one hundred and fifty something on his current arrest record and he looks much more muscular.

This is also a good point tho, would be interesting to see what all there stories are as to how drunk they all were that night, with savannah, as we know David drove back alone in his truck. So if he admitted he was intoxicated that night could they not add a charge or would it only be of he was caught driving intoxicated. Just asking. Moo.

They wouldn't charge him for drunk driving if he admitted to being intoxicated.

Most definitely could have been the reason Savannah was with the three men but why did they all go to David's? Trying to figure out why she died and if drugs were involved, rape, sex or violence? Usually when a woman leaves with people from a bar they don't end up dead. In this case, right now, the nice guy from the respected family who rarely went out to bars is the suspect. Many think David brutally murdered Savannah and it just doesn't fit when you have heard a description of David Sparks. Him being a nice guy with a good job and a list of compliments on this guys character, doesn't mean he didn't do this but it's hard for me to think he did. The fact he buried her on his folks property is a shock to me and now possibly a cold blooded murderer. Also this is a little guy. Stands 5'6" tall and his weight on his first arrest was one hundred and twenty something pounds. It does look like he has bulked up over the past months and wondering if steroids could be involved. His weight was one hundred and fifty something on his current arrest record and he looks much more muscular.

This is why I am trying to get my point across and I guess why this case hit so close to me. I don't belive savannah even knew why she was going there that night, I don't believe she wanted drugs or to hook up but my guess is she was drunk and didnt want to go home. Unless you have been in that situation I guess it's hard to understand. She just thought she was gonna have a laugh with these guys who rescued her when she was on her own, that's it. Thought a little party and go home. But I do believe David murdered and he murdered her alone. I believe David had never had a opportunity like that and that's why he hadn't acted before.

We don't know how much blood was originally on that door and many ways blood could have gotten on that bedroom closet door if Savannah was still bleeding from having her twins or started bleeding again and consensual sex was involved. If she was highly intoxicated could have lost her balance and cut herself on something and transferred it to the door. This could have been a violent bloody murder but when I look at everything about this case it just doesn't add up to me. Thing is I was totally shocked when she was found in the shallow grave in the parents backyard, that would have been about the last place I would have thought she would be found. I truly thought in a deep lake or river.

Well, if the closet blood is from what SS had from childbirth, the police will know. So no worries there that postpartum blood will be confused with regular blood.

The chances that she slipped in his bedroom and cut herself and got her blood inside his closet door is extremely far fetched, IMO.

I am the opposite of you in that everything seems to add up. Last seen at house. Never seen leaving. Blood in his closet. Buried with his rug. He makes an effort to get SAME rug, he is already in cover up mode. Buried in his parents back yard. Doesn't come forward despite pleas from family, questioning from police, and a massive search.

I do agree that it's odd she was buried in the backyard. But apparently even that is not unusual!

So to me, all signs point to DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member