The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Full English breakfast. When DH and I traveled throughout Great Britain (rental car) for two weeks, we were part of a AAA tour program called Mansions & Manors.

That sounds like an amazing tour and I'm so glad our little country treated you well!! Also happy that you went all over and didn't just stick to London - there's a lot more on offer outside of our capital, as you no doubt found out.

I've just come back from north Wales having not been since I was very young, and there was SO much to do there. I did think of you lot as we saw castle after castle after castle!! Why on earth did they need so many?! Conwy and Caernarfon were my favourites (stock photos):

upload_2019-8-11_19-11-3.png

upload_2019-8-11_19-12-12.png

I'm going to try very very hard to keep to the outline above, thanks

I just want to support Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth during this very difficult time

The Queen reminds me of my own Grandmother, who was really the "rock" that kept our family together. Once she passed, we sort of all went our own way.

I wonder if that is what will happen with the royal family. I don't see Prince Charles and Camilla, being really a "rock" that keeps people together.

I just hope it doesn't taint the Queen's legacy. There are calls for her to step down over this.

That is absolutely ridiculous. Why should Her Majesty be forced to step down after a 67 year reign due to her son’s failings, lack of morality and serious errors of judgment. He is an adult man not a child for which she is responsible.

It's not over her son. It's over her seeming support of his actions

Actions that he has never been charged with. Rumors and innuendos are one thing, criminal activity and charges are completely different.

If my son had made an error of judgement, I would definitely stand by him. Even if he faced criminal charges. Parents should not be held accountable for the actions of adult children, nor should anyone be judged for standing by an adult family member who has made poor decisions.

Would people be more supportive if she publicly shunned and ostracized him? Doubt it.

By the way I'm ignoring the Epstein stuff.
I'm only here for the tiaras (and castles, and cute kids, and fangirling Kate)

I'm not participating on the discussion thread elsewhere on this site, but I have been reading all the reports on the NBC news website. I suspect the thread will eventually wax political, and I don't want to witness its eventual demise. Suffice it to say that my hinky meter is in high gear regarding recent developments ;)

Speaking of tiaras, where is our beloved KE?

Hasn’t one of the Queen’s strong points been in not commenting on personal family matters? IIRC, I have not heard or read that she has said a word publicly this time on the matter of Prince Andrew.

From the first time his name was associated with Jeffrey Epstein, we can be certain she cracked the whip in giving his stern orders and threats on what would happen if it happened again. Of course, the public will never know what the conversation between them was like.

Parents cannot be held responsible for a child’s actions after they turn 18. Queen Elizabeth may be Queen of a Nation, however, she has no control over her adult children’s actions. Embarrassed, ashamed, and furious at Prince Andrew, it is not a reflection of her ability to reign, IMHO.

We will be seeing less of Prince Andrew again, just like we did after his name came out being associated with JE the first time.

It's not over her son. It's over her seeming support of his actions

I bet privately she is raging and totally dismayed at him. I think the Duchess of York has had a lucky escape having to leave Balmoral early because the Duke of Edinburgh wanted to come up early. The atmosphere must have been frostier than Antarctica.

What was the reason Ferguson left Balmoral?

If the Duke of Edinburgh was arriving, the atmosphere would be reaching the temperatures of the dark side of Pluto

Fergie 'cuts short Balmoral trip after Prince Philip turns up early for holiday'

Fergie 'cuts short Balmoral trip after Prince Philip turns up early for holiday'

The Duke of Edinburgh hasn’t got any time for the Duchess of York after the embarrassment she caused the royals. It was hoped after Eugenie’s wedding things might have improved but obviously not.

Aaaand.... we're back on track :p
3674732e0d905e3d3e7c0fcfe6727871.jpg
a
This one in the bottom left was voted the ugliest tiara on a few different websites.
Queen Margrethe. She has worn the tiara a few different ways. I have a feeling QE2 isn't interested in being this adventurous with her jewelry.
Queen Margrethe commissioned an artist to make this flower and bug inspired tiara for her.
queen-margrethe-3.jpg

People Magazine

And NOW we're back on track. Tiara Talk! ;)

This is such an error for Prince Harry. He is going to have to do something more valid than showing up for a luxury-fest like this.

Our earth is in distress, most clearly. What he did was superficial and not worth putting his exalted office into.

With all their responsible preachifying, I haven't seen much real progress from the Sussex's.

I would hope some scientist could catch Harry's ear and he could be educated, rather than be the shiny wrapping paper on a trite gift.

Note there has been no response at all from Google or any of the ultra-rich about their show.

3674732e0d905e3d3e7c0fcfe6727871.jpg
a
This one in the bottom left was voted the ugliest tiara on a few different websites.
Queen Margrethe. She has worn the tiara a few different ways. I have a feeling QE2 isn't interested in being this adventurous with her jewelry.
Queen Margrethe commissioned an artist to make this flower and bug inspired tiara for her.
queen-margrethe-3.jpg

People Magazine

And NOW we're back on track. Tiara Talk! ;)

I genuinely thought Queen Margrethe was wearing Forrero Rocher chocolates on her head for a minute. I am addicted to those chocolates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member