Found Deceased WY - Aubree Corona, 28, did not return to campsite, Sublette County, 13 Jul 2019

So I'm confused.

Saturday the 13th at 3:00 pm the BF got a text that she was headed back to camp after being lost, but also at the same time BF was on front of the police station, and stayed there for 5.5 hours?

And then the logger was leading her down the mountain and she disappeared? So was she seen in Dubois at the same time, or was that earlier?
The trucker led her down off the mountain earlier in the afternoon. She was then seen later in Dubois. She texted her BF at 3 pm she was getting gas, food and a map and heading back.

ok for clarification and correction - aubree leaves camp for town, gets lost, the logger helps guide her out before her appointment in dubois, he loses her and reports to LE but she is seen at 2 businesses after this time, she heads back to camp, gets lost, calls bf at 3pm, also @ 3pm bf arrives at LE office and sits there for 5 hours.

edited to ask: does the sun set at about 8:30-9pm ?

Per conversation with OnStar in order to disable OnStar the fuse box would need to be accessed and the OnStar fuse removed, effectively rendering OnStar useless

Family is still searching and following up on an leads that they are made aware of.

Her destination was Pinedale. She was unfamiliar with the area and took a wrong turn. She did have a cell phone but service in that area is spotty at best. She was seen in Dubois and that information has been verified by LE. There was a large group of the boyfriend's family/friends at the campsite along with multiple vehicles and SUVs. Aubree's brother reported her missing to the Sublette Co. Sheriff's office Saturday July 13, 2019 in the early evening. Not the BF.

There where multiple vehicles at the campsite including ATVs. BF was by no means left without transportation. As was posted earlier he was sitting in front of the sheriff's office for 5.5 hours without moving-from 3:00pm until 8:30 pm with his dad.

No she did not make her appointment for her breathalyzer. She sent a text to BF around 3:00 that she was on the Dubois side of the mountain and was putting gas in the truck, getting a map and heading back.

Phone was pinged on Monday July 15th. Bounced off multiple non-provider tower and showed up pinging in 2 different states. Therefore, no viable information

The BF sat in a truck front of the sheriff's office on Saturday July 13th, the day Aubree went missing, from 3:00 pm -8:30 pm per LE

Again, per conversation with OnStar, the truck was equipped with OnStar, at some point activated, and is now disabled. No date of being disabled available.

Uncertain as to reason BF chose to sit in front of the sheriff's office on camera for 5 1/2 hours. There was no cell phone service at campsite but BF could have been anywhere in Pinedale and received cell service. LE spoke to BF while he sat in front of sheriff's office. Uncertain of conversation between BF and LE. BF did not report Aubree missing it was her brother who reported her missing during the early evening on Saturday July 13th.

Aubree was heading to Pinedale to do her court ordered breathalyzer and pick up ice for camp. Apparently, she took the wrong road which took her eventually up and over Union Pass. There were reported sightings of the truck with the motorcycle near Green River Lakes, so she may have made multiple wrong turns. She was verified by LE to have seen in 2 different locations in Dubois.

According to LE Aubree did enlist the assistance of a logger, uncertain if she was stuck/asking for assistance due to being lost, but did not unload motorcycle. Driver had Aubree follow him down Union Pass Road, which included multiple hairpin turns, which according to the logging truck driver, she navigated without problem. However, upon reaching the highway logging truck driver looked back and Aubree and the truck were no longer behind him. He contacted LE which checked the area and did not see her. But she was later identified as being in Dubois by 2 businesses.

BF refuses to report it stole. Even though topic has been brought up several times. Not sure why.

Welcome Montanagirl15! Thank you for becoming verified. I'm bringing forward all of your helpful posts for anyone who has not been following. Can you please tell us more about Aubree?

Some questions off the top of my head (feel free to ignore any that you don't want to answer):

How long has she been dating her boyfriend and how serious are they as a couple?
Has she ever disappeared for days or weeks at a time like this before?
Has she ever struggled with depression or mental health issues? Or any medical issues that could have put her in danger of having a wreck?
How familiar is she with the area where they were camping? Area where she got lost?
I'm a bit confused about the boyfriend sitting in a truck in front of police station...Is this the same truck that Aubree disappeared with or does the boyfriend own two trucks?
Do you happen to know why she had also had a motorcycle with her in the truck? Why not leave that with her boyfriend at the campsite?
Does Aubree own her own vehicle?
Has her home and/or her own vehicle been searched by LE?
Have family or LE been monitoring her bank accounts for any activity?
Did she have any cash with her?
Has there been any activity on her social media or have family members been able to get into her email or social media account to look for clues?
Is the last known location where her phone pinged known?
Does Aubree have a job that she is absent from right now?
Does she have any hobbies or interests that you can tell us about?

Thank you for being here and I hope Aubree will be found soon!

BF refuses to report it stole. Even though topic has been brought up several times. Not sure why.

1. it could possibly hurt her legally with the other case she has pending

and/or

2. it technically wasn't stolen as she had the keys/permission and if there was no time frame given as to how long she had permission to use the car, seems like maybe a legal gray area? so he could also be risking a filing false police report charge possibly?

of course, if/when she's found, a charge of grand theft auto could be dropped as could filing false report, all just depending on what is discovered, the circumstances, prosecutors' judgment, etc.. but if reporting it as stolen wouldn't help (from what it sounds like, Onstar says they have no way of helping or tracing the vehicle?), i can see why he wouldn't bother.

just thinking out loud, JMO, not an attorney.

This makes me think water.
ETA: or fire.

I'm so torn. OnStar being disconnected could mean the truck has been destroyed (water or fire or bad crash) OR it could mean her disappearance was pre-planned and disconnecting the Onstar was part of the plan. Whether it was Aubree's plan or someone else's plan is also a toss up to me at this point. MOO.

The timeline as we as a family have been told is:

7:00 am (approx.)-Aubree left camp in BF's truck with motorcycle in the back headed to Pinedale to do her court ordered BAT and purchase ice for the camp.

10:00 am (approx)-A grey Chevrolet Avalanche with a white motorcycle in the back was seen on the Pinedale side of the mountain, about 2 miles past the end of the pavement headed toward Green River Lakes.

12:30 pm (approx)-Aubree was seen the Avalanche in the Sheridan Creek area on the Dubois side of the mountain.

Early afternoon/No time given: Received assistance from logging truck driver whom she told she was lost and almost out of gas. He had her follow him to Union Pass Road and through the switchbacks and off the mountain. At some point prior to reaching the highway he noticed she was no longer behind him. He immediately reported the contact to LE. However, the report was not connected with Aubree's disappearance until Monday afternoon when LE put out her missing person info.

No time given: Gas station in Dubois states she put gas in the truck. Asking for directions back to Union Pass.

No time give: Stopped at another gas station and purchased energy drink and asked clerk for directions back to Pinedale via paved roads. Clerk gave her instructions and a map re: returning to Pinedale via Lander, South Pass, Carson and Boulder. He also mentioned a "shortcut" called the Lander Cutoff.

3:00 pm (approx)-Aubree texted BF that she had gotten lost and was in Dubois. She was going to gas up the truck, get a slice of pizza and head back.

She was never seen again!

No time given:
Guuuuurl I don’t even know anymore.

I’ve tried to put together a timeline in my head but there are too many questions that pop up.
ok for clarification and correction - aubree leaves camp for town, gets lost, the logger helps guide her out before her appointment in dubois, he loses her and reports to LE but she is seen at 2 businesses after this time, she heads back to camp, gets lost, calls bf at 3pm, also @ 3pm bf arrives at LE office and sits there for 5 hours.

So I'm confused.

Saturday the 13th at 3:00 pm the BF got a text that she was headed back to camp after being lost, but also at the same time BF was on front of the police station, and stayed there for 5.5 hours?

And then the logger was leading her down the mountain and she disappeared? So was she seen in Dubois at the same time, or was that earlier?[/QUOTE
Welcome Montanagirl15! Thank you for becoming verified. I'm bringing forward all of your helpful posts for anyone who has not been following. Can you please tell us more about Aubree?

Some questions off the top of my head (feel free to ignore any that you don't want to answer):

How long has she been dating her boyfriend and how serious are they as a couple?
Has she ever disappeared for days or weeks at a time like this before?
Has she ever struggled with depression or mental health issues? Or any medical issues that could have put her in danger of having a wreck?
How familiar is she with the area where they were camping? Area where she got lost?
I'm a bit confused about the boyfriend sitting in a truck in front of police station...Is this the same truck that Aubree disappeared with or does the boyfriend own two trucks?
Do you happen to know why she had also had a motorcycle with her in the truck? Why not leave that with her boyfriend at the campsite?
Does Aubree own her own vehicle?
Has her home and/or her own vehicle been searched by LE?
Have family or LE been monitoring her bank accounts for any activity?
Did she have any cash with her?
Has there been any activity on her social media or have family members been able to get into her email or social media account to look for clues?
Is the last known location where her phone pinged known?
Does Aubree have a job that she is absent from right now?
Does she have any hobbies or interests that you can tell us about?

Thank you for being here and I hope Aubree will be found soon!
-As far as the family knows Aubree has been dating BF for approx. 10 months.
-She has never disappeared for any length of time-not even for an hour or two. Someone always knew where she was. If she was upset with anyone she would just not answer her phone until she cooled off.
-She has had bouts of depression and anxiety.
-She was not at all familiar with the area where they were camping or the area near Dubois.
- BF was camping with Aubree and her 2 children and other members of his family so there were multiple vehicles at the campsite. Aubree was in the BFs truck.
-We were told that they did not arrive in camp until late Friday night July 12th so did not unload the bike.
Aubree does have her own vehicle. Currently it is parked at the BFs/BFs family home.
- As far as we know neither her vehicle or apt. has been search by LE.
-Aubree had no debit or credit cards. LE is checking for any other accounts she may have.
-According to BF and his family she had approx. $300.00
-There has been no activity on her social media that we can find, which is extremely unusual for Aubree.
- LE tried pinging Aubree's phone Monday July 15th. Aubree's phone is on a Verizon plan. According to LE because there are no Verizon towers in the area her phone pinged off from a non-Verizon tower and the bounced off from towers until it found a tower that would receive it, which happened to be one in CO and one in FL.
-The most important thing in Aubree's life were her two children ages 3 and 7.

IMO, It does feel like we are missing some major detail and I hope LE has some clue.
I have a question that may get me laughed off the thread. Is it possible Aubrey is a protected witness for the federal government? Did she have information that may be invaluable to LE?

It appears to me, and in my opinion only, that Aubree intended on coming back and met with a terrible accident that resulted in the truck and her going off into some body of water along the way. This is the most logical scenario since the vehicle hasn't been found. Unfortunately, a truck is much easier to find than a person. I am sorry for these circumstances and I pray she is found soon.

7:00 am (approx.)-Aubree left camp in BF's truck with motorcycle in the back headed to Pinedale to do her court ordered BAT and purchase ice for the camp.

10:00 am (approx)-A grey Chevrolet Avalanche with a white motorcycle in the back was seen on the Pinedale side of the mountain, about 2 miles past the end of the pavement headed toward Green River Lakes.

12:30 pm (approx)-Aubree was seen the Avalanche in the Sheridan Creek area on the Dubois side of the mountain.

Early afternoon/No time given: Received assistance from logging truck driver whom she told she was lost and almost out of gas. He had her follow him to Union Pass Road and through the switchbacks and off the mountain. At some point prior to reaching the highway he noticed she was no longer behind him. He immediately reported the contact to LE. However, the report was not connected with Aubree's disappearance until Monday afternoon when LE put out her missing person info.

No time given: Gas station in Dubois states she put gas in the truck. Asking for directions back to Union Pass.

No time give: Stopped at another gas station and purchased energy drink and asked clerk for directions back to Pinedale via paved roads. Clerk gave her instructions and a map re: returning to Pinedale via Lander, South Pass, Carson and Boulder. He also mentioned a "shortcut" called the Lander Cutoff.

3:00 pm (approx)-Aubree texted BF that she had gotten lost and was in Dubois. She was going to gas up the truck, get a slice of pizza and head back.

No time given:
Thank you for sharing your understanding of the timeline. It seems to me that Aubree obviously was lost. I can totally sympathize as that is my biggest concern when traveling as I am directionally challenged to say the least.

I feel like she's either gone off the road somewhere, but I'm having trouble understanding how she just 'disappeared' from behind the logging truck, unless that was when she went off the road. If the logger reported it right away, LE would have had a very specific location to search.

I'm sorry to hear she hasn't been located and am hoping for positive word soon. Thank you for being here keeping the word out.

No idea. LE just says they have them on camera from 3:00 pm until 8:30 pm on Saturday July 13th. LE did speak to them while they were parked there.

So bizarre. Was one of them trying to get the other to turn themselves in for something? Were they waiting for Aubree there for some reason? Were they trying to get her to turn herself in for something? Is the police station where she was supposed to do the breathalyzer?

Snipped for focus. Bold by me.

Do you know which two gas stations those are?

So bizarre. Was one of them trying to get the other to turn themselves in for something? Were they waiting for Aubree there for some reason? Were they trying to get her to turn herself in for something? Is the police station where she was supposed to do the breathalyzer?

Yes, the sheriff department office is where Aubree would have gone for her breathalyzer. There is no reason we can think of other than she should know where the sheriff's office is. They were both on probation so we're not sure what reason either one would have tried to get the other one to turn themselves in. Aubree was probation for her DUI and the BF for charges a couple of years ago.

Snipped for focus. Bold by me.

Do you know which two gas stations those are?

We were told she stopped at the Pit Stop to gas up the truck and ask directions back to Union Pass. She also stopped at Taylor Creek Exxon for an energy drink, to ask directions and to get a map. We are not sure which one she stopped at first. We are GUESSING the Pit Stop first to gas up the truck as she told the logging truck driver she was almost out of gas. Then maybe had second thoughts about going up and over the mountain again and stopped at Taylor Creek to see if there was another way on paved roads to get back to Pinedale. But again we are only guessing. By the time LE asked Pit Stop for their video it had already re-recorded over itself and the surveillance cameras at Taylor Creek were not working so we were unable to get a time stamp from either place.

No time given:

Thank you so much for the timeline. I tried to map most of the locations to get an idea of her possible route: Google Maps
It seems like she not only got lost she went the complete opposite direction she needed to go to get to Pinedale. Google maps didn't want to follow the smaller mountain logging roads unless I select cycling or walking. If I select driving then the route it gives is impossible in the timeline given. It seems like she was driving down unmarked roads and logging trails. No wonder she got lost if there are no road signs and Google maps won't even show the road she is on. Since she asked for a map at the gas station is it safe to say she either did not have GPS or the routes she took were not in a GPS/Phone mapping system? I'm not familiar with this mountain area but I have had that happen driving in mountains before where no navigation system was any help at all. I've also had a GPS tell me to turn right off of a cliff (fortunately I did not make the turn). Someone later told me that where I was driving the GPS signal bounces off the mountain range just enough to mess up the location-- it thinks you are on a different/lower road and that there is a turn there. I could see something like that happening in this situation. Perhaps she was making her way back using the map route the clerk gave but also had GPS up at the same time? If her GPS gave a shortcut then she might have tried to take it and gotten lost again. Unfortunately there are so many places she could have made a wrong turn. :(

MOO

Thank you so much for the timeline. I tried to map most of the locations to get an idea of her possible route: Google Maps
It seems like she not only got lost she went the complete opposite direction she needed to go to get to Pinedale. Google maps didn't want to follow the smaller mountain logging roads unless I select cycling or walking. If I select driving then the route it gives is impossible in the timeline given. It seems like she was driving down unmarked roads and logging trails. No wonder she got lost if there are no road signs and Google maps won't even show the road she is on. Since she asked for a map at the gas station is it safe to say she either did not have GPS or the routes she took were not in a GPS/Phone mapping system? I'm not familiar with this mountain area but I have had that happen driving in mountains before where no navigation system was any help at all. I've also had a GPS tell me to turn right off of a cliff (fortunately I did not make the turn). Someone later told me that where I was driving the GPS signal bounces off the mountain range just enough to mess up the location-- it thinks you are on a different/lower road and that there is a turn there. I could see something like that happening in this situation. Perhaps she was making her way back using the map route the clerk gave but also had GPS up at the same time? If her GPS gave a shortcut then she might have tried to take it and gotten lost again. Unfortunately there are so many places she could have made a wrong turn. :(

MOO
With Google Maps, in that situation, right-click on a location on a road and then choose "Whats here". When that pops up click on the latitude/longitude and you get a pin on that location. Then you choose Directions. Instead of typing in a place name click on the road further along or along a road that connects to it. It will connect the two locations via roads. Reverse them, if necessary. Then repeat the process by adding a destination and clicking along the road or a connecting road.

It seems that whether she went clockwise via Lander, Farson and Boulder (US 26E/US 287N to WY 28 to US 191N) or counter-clockwise via Moran, Moose, and Jackson (US 26W/US 287N to US 191 South) it would be at least 3 hours of travel time to Pinedale. Most important either route consists of roads that are not at all like the roads over Union Pass as the average speed clockwise is 65 MPH and counter-clockwise it is 55 MPH.
Google Maps

I have yet to find the so-called Lander Cutoff. Everything I have found goes back to the old Oregon Trail.

Incidentally, driving over the mountains via Union Pass would take 3 1/2 hours to get to New Fork Lake, but you would be lucky to average 25 MPH.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back