Found Deceased UK - Libby Squire, 21, last seen outside Welly club, Hull, 31 Jan 2019 #16 *ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's hope for a good sentence because with time served and time off for good behavior and possible reduction for guilty plea - could get released today
He won't get any reduction for pleading guilty at the very last minute.
And I don't think you get time off for good behaviour on remand, although IMBW. It will just count as time already served.

@Little Nicki Ididnt realise he was in bail.I read he was under suspicion or some such wording and LE had used up their 36 hours they had for questioning on his initial arrest 're Libbys disappearance . Unless they can charge him or there is new evidence I didnt think LE could question PR again over Libby
Hopefully there is new evidence .

He may not be 'technically' on bail, I probably shouldn't have used that word without evidence BUT he is definitely still under investigation for it and I am actually unsure of what official status that gives him (when officially released by police after questioning regarding Libby) because he definitely hasn't been ruled out as a suspect (far from it).

As for 'new evidence', I believe the fact he was masturbating on her street a few days before her disappearance is certainly new circumstantial evidence, if nothing else?

He may not be 'technically' on bail, I probably shouldn't have used that word without evidence BUT he is definitely still under investigation for it and I am actually unsure of what official status that gives him (when officially released by police after questioning regarding Libby) because he definitely hasn't been ruled out as a suspect (far from it).

As for 'new evidence', I believe the fact he was masturbating on her street a few days before her disappearance is certainly new circumstantial evidence, if nothing else?
As far as I'm aware they never officially eliminated him as a suspect. I'd have thought his lawyer would have pushed for that

He's not on Bail

I've corrected myself as I am unsure of what his official status is regarding Libby (except as a POI who is under investigation of course). But I thought the police usually treat suspects as 'bailed under investigation' - rather than just letting them go.

Interesting article about time spent on remand and sentencing ect.
CREDIT FOR TIME SPENT ON REMAND — Defence-Barrister.co.uk

"Imagine that an adult defendant spends three months in custody awaiting trial. He is found guilty and then sentenced to 2 years’ imprisonment. He is entitled to be released on licence at the halfway point of 12 months (unless released earlier under Home Detention Curfew). Since he has already served 3 months, this counts as time served and he will therefore have a maximum of 9 months left to serve before release."

Huh. I would have thought it made more sense to take the time served off the full sentence, ie the 2 years. Which would reduce the time to 21 months, with the halfway point then being ten and a half months.

@Little@Little Nicki
Thats true very compelling evidence too. specially since if it's to be believed from the report via his sister that he gave Libby a lift and had to put Wellesley Avenue address into his sat nav when he obviously knew how to get there .If he'd been stalking the students there knew the house ...

Last edited:
As far as I'm aware they never officially eliminated him as a suspect. I'd have thought his lawyer would have pushed for that

That's my point. He IS still officially a POI and 'under investigation'. So, if for a minute we forget about the fact he has been on remand seperately all these months, surely the police wouldn't have just released him bk into the community without some sort of bail and/or conditions to not leave the area etc...?

If that were the case anyone who is arrested and questioned for a crime and released without charge under investigation would just up and leave an disappear an there would be nothing to stop them.

He won't get any reduction for pleading guilty at the very last minute.
And I don't think you get time off for good behaviour on remand, although IMBW. It will just count as time already served.

The sentences for each will all run concurrently, and none of them are like massive burglaries or ... I was going to say, massive flashing, but that's not quite right! I mean, not like he inflicted injury is what I am saying. Though the number of offences show he is a repeat offender, and unless having some kind of counselling, may well offend again it could be argued.

"Imagine that an adult defendant spends three months in custody awaiting trial. He is found guilty and then sentenced to 2 years’ imprisonment. He is entitled to be released on licence at the halfway point of 12 months (unless released earlier under Home Detention Curfew). Since he has already served 3 months, this counts as time served and he will therefore have a maximum of 9 months left to serve before release."

Huh. I would have thought it made more sense to take the time served off the full sentence, ie the 2 years. Which would reduce the time to 21 months, with the halfway point then being ten and a half months.
@Cherwell .Agree It would have made more sense like you say your right.

Reasons for this big delay? Maybe PR barrister has let him know that as soon as he is sentence he will then be immediately arrested an charged with Libbys disappearance? So now he's kicking off in the cells?

Let's hope so eh?

The sentences for each will all run concurrently, and none of them are like massive burglaries or ... I was going to say, massive flashing, but that's not quite right! I mean, not like he inflicted injury is what I am saying. Though the number of offences show he is a repeat offender, and unless having some kind of counselling, may well offend again it could be argued.
That's my concern. None of the things he's done carry long sentences. Minor theft without violence. Low value items. Voyeurism - we don't even know if there are any aggravating features like filming or sharing the images that might push that up to the maximum for that. So it's not looking good in my opinion unless he's re-arrested.

Reasons for this big delay? Maybe PR barrister has let him know that as soon as he is sentence he will then be immediately arrested an charged with Libbys disappearance? So now he's kicking off in the cells?

Let's hope so eh?
#Little Nicki
Your definitly on it also my wishful thinking too arrested in the dock..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151